2 Ainger
1 Rowntree

6 of the 7 WWT goals scored by ex Southee Adelaide footballers

Going to be a close finish
WA might be too quick in the 2nd half
WA should still win from here

11-13 WT
9-11 WA

Great effort by WWT to hang on, I thought Westies had them about the middle of the last quarter

Agreed Mal, I thought they were gone too as West were running all over us.
However, I thought the next 10 minutes was some of the most composed, disciplined and committed football the Eags have played this year.
With only one rotation on the bench (Rowntree and Poole gone with season ending knee injuries), the boys dug deep, lifted their intensity and played smart footy to take control of the game and shut a threatening West out. Very proud of the boys esp Ainger who played possibly his best game for the club when it really counted.
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Re: 2nd Semi Final - WWT v West Adelaide

Postby Aerie » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:40 pm

Great effort Eagles! Terrible to see Rowntree go off with what looks like another serious knee injury. He was the hard luck story during 2011. Then missed a season and a half with a knee. Coming runner up in the Magarey this year in his comeback season and now this. Hopefully Poole is ok too. Two hard nut players who you'd love to have out there on Grand Final day.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby heater31 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:44 pm

Aerie wrote:Great effort Eagles! Terrible to see Rowntree go off with what looks like another serious knee injury. He was the hard luck story during 2011. Then missed a season and a half with a knee. Coming runner up in the Magarey this year in his comeback season and now this. Hopefully Poole is ok too. Two hard nut players who you'd love to have out there on Grand Final day.

From the vision on the news services he was injured in a strange way. Missing the ball by foot off the ground, could be a Patella tendon which is what Tom Harms from Sturt did earlier in the season.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby tkr » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:12 am

philcas wrote:Again I see eagles were advantaged by the free kick count
Can some one please tell me how they do it.as it doesn't matter how they are travelling win ,lose or draw they get full advantage in this area
It boggles the mind how they get it
I think the count was 10 -2 late in the second quater that's pretty handy

The free count was terrible but what annoys me is the inconsistency with decisions when the same thing happened to a Westie player that the Eagles received a free, it was not given. I really think that the umpiring has deteriorated over the years, more so with the increase in field umpires (interpretations). I know we can't go back to one umpire as the game has become to fast but surely two can do the job and at least lessen the interpretation issue.

Now the umpiring did not cost us the game. We were very ordinary for 3 quarters, fumbled, poor disposal, loose checking etc and the Eagles captalised on our errors. Our only good quarter was the last and you can't win games playing only one good quarter. At least it showed that if we are switched on from the start we are in with a big chance of winning this week and if we progress the next time we play the Eagles.
tkr
Rookie

Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:13 pm

Fielke out for this week after getting knocked out?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Big Phil » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:34 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Fielke out for this week after getting knocked out?

Yep, and Logan Hill - http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3180/
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Reddeer » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:53 pm

A 5 goal lead is dangerous for the Eagles especially this year against West. In round 2 they overran us by a goal. in the next encounter we were luckily
7 goals up and West got within 2 goals. The same thing happened yesterday we may have been fortunate to hang on due to our injury situation.
Can just hope that West/Centrals prelim is a very hard game for both
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL