4%
Rosewater
13%
Woodville South
7%

Total votes : 98

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Postby RooShootOhh » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:06 pm

EB53 wrote:The ideal situation is for every club to have the same budget.

Not really, perhaps the same budget for each division maybe, but you cant say a Div1 team should have the same budget as a Div 6 team.

Provided the budgets at the top are acceptable (and good luck finding common ground there) a tiered budget through division would work IMO.

A top level player in Div 1 may command $500 as say the top player, going on the new Salary Cap, and say 4k per week for the club
A top level player in Div 2 should only be able to command $450 going on the new Salary Cap, and say 3.5k per week for the club
A top level player in Div 3 should only be able to command $400 going on the new Salary Cap, and say 3k per week for the club
A top level player in Div 4 should only be able to command $350 going on the new Salary Cap, and say 2.5k per week for the club
A top level player in Div 5 should only be able to command $300 going on the new Salary Cap, and say 2k per week for the club
A top level player in Div 6 should only be able to command $250 going on the new Salary Cap, and say 1.5k per week for the club

And so on.....

If a player demands more than the top mark in his grade, then make him go and earn it in a higher grade. It will also allow them to build to that success without going for broke from day 1 to make it a sustainable model moving forward. What you will find is, blokes who aren't worth the money they are asking for will be chewed up and spat out of the top grades pretty quickly as club will only look at recruiting the best players. it will stop big fish in small pond type blokes as well...

IMO NO PLAYER in Div 6 should be getting paid anywhere near the amount of what someone in Div 1 is. Anyone who is in Div 6 thinking they are worth more than $250 need to be told to go and earn it.

It creates a level playing field across the grades from a financial point of view, if a club goes up, they are given a higher budget to recruit say 1 more player to compete at the next level, if a club goes down, it may just be telling them they are spending money on the wrong players and make them re-evaluate how/who they spend their money on.

Depending on Tax thresholds, the ATO may agree that these levels all classify as a hobby income, so no need to hide money under the table etc and take all the hidden bullsh*t out of player payments.
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby wonder_kid » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:23 pm

I don't know what fantasy world you live in mate but there will always be hidden payments in football clubs whether you like it or not
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby RooShootOhh » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:29 pm

wonder_kid wrote:I don't know what fantasy world you live in mate but there will always be hidden payments in football clubs whether you like it or not

I know that to a point, but clubs feel they have to spend it to compete, if this helps brings back player payments to some degree, its better than nothing. And if clubs go outside of the guidelines, then its their own fault when they can't cope.

I dont have a problem with money in football, but I think players need to be put back in their box a little and be told, no-one in Div (whatever) is worth more than $XXX, if you dont like it, see if a club in a higher grade are willing to pay you what your want, eventually, there will be some order in player payments.

You would hope clubs would only doing hidden payments for their top 1/2 players anyway, otherwise they are stupid with their money in the first place!
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Postby wonder_kid » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:08 pm

I dont mind your setup in theory and i agree their is too many players playing for money and nor for success !
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:47 pm

So country leagues that are nowhere near the standard of D1 can gave the same cap limit but D2 cant. Seems fair
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby OKC! » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:20 pm

Who caaaaaares about any of this stuff.

Get around the mighty Roos.

CLG have each time we played them have played hard and fair and it was good to get up on the day.

The team was truely humble in defeat and was great for their coach to come in after the game and congratulate us along with the captain.

Plenty of celebrations had over last 3 days with too many people having too good a time, hard to pick a BOG for the celebrations.

Cant wait for div 4 should be a great test.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:51 pm

Will say I thought Harvey handled himself well after the siren when the idiot from the crowd gave him a continual serve in his face and wouldn't let him walk away. Wouldn't have blamed Harvey if it got heated....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:57 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Will say I thought Harvey handled himself well after the siren when the idiot from the crowd gave him a continual serve in his face and wouldn't let him walk away. Wouldn't have blamed Harvey if it got heated....

There is always one Reptile in every crowd. I saw one at PNU during the div 6 reserve GF Saturday and all they do is embarrass their club.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 846 times

Postby RooShootOhh » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:31 am

Mr Beefy wrote:So country leagues that are nowhere near the standard of D1 can gave the same cap limit but D2 cant. Seems fair

No,

I would suggest grading the standard of country leagues...

Class 1 Leagues = Div 1 - Div 2
Class 2 Leagues = Div 3 & Below

They were already graded for the APPS system I believe, so it wouldn't be hard.
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:40 am

No their players are all 3 points nowadays
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:26 am

wristwatcher wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Will say I thought Harvey handled himself well after the siren when the idiot from the crowd gave him a continual serve in his face and wouldn't let him walk away. Wouldn't have blamed Harvey if it got heated....

There is always one Reptile in every crowd. I saw one at PNU during the div 6 reserve GF Saturday and all they do is embarrass their club.
Hahah he was hilarious.

The worst bit of crowd behavior was the rather large woman kicking the ball on the outer wing, not realising the game had started and was just messing about, nearly got cleaned up. OK mistakes happen, but then she did it again!!!
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:38 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Thousands upon thousands of people play all sorts of sport without getting paid.

Not many sports have such a high injury rate as Australian Rules Football does though, I think they'd look elsewhere at something less risky or something that does offer a bit of coin.
Time is money too, they could be spending the same time working, most occasions it's when they hook up with a chick or start a family football becomes more of a chore.

Rugby league? Union? Be interesting to see how deep player payments go in their grassroots comps.

If it's time and injury possibility that requires so many clubs to pay players, then why do we have so many blokes playing B grade and C grade?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:52 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Rugby league? Union? Be interesting to see how deep player payments go in their grassroots comps.

If it's time and injury possibility that requires so many clubs to pay players, then why do we have so many blokes playing B grade and C grade?

Mate, there are a number of blokes that will play because that's what they've always done, they love being part of a team and the friendships made through sports.
I'm just pointing out that there would less participation at the top end without the coin, I always felt somewhat guilty when I received any money from playing football, unless it was through best player awards.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7925 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:04 am

Mr Beefy wrote:No their players are all 3 points nowadays

Yep, the ridiculous situation where a player who played in the Div7 Reserves comp for North Pines is rated at the same quality under the points system as a Div 1 A-Grade player
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:08 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:

Yep, the ridiculous situation where a player who played in the Div7 Reserves comp for North Pines is rated at the same quality under the points system as a Div 1 A-Grade player

Well recruit the Div 1 player then
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:16 am

EB53 wrote:

LQ valid point but, there are adequate insurance policies. Would they play if covered by the club paying the subscriptions for cover.I THINK NOT.
As I have previously stated the football world we are in needs a reality check. L.Q. The amounts money changing hands between clubs and players is staggering to say the least I
out of control. My club has been guhilty in the past and when we reigned it in, we dropped two grades. The ideal situation is for every club to have the same budget. WILL IT EVER HAPPEN? No.The expectation of some players is beyond reality yet clubs line up to pay. End rant

Absolutely, on the other hand, why should a wealthy club with ample volunteers and an excellent sponsorship format be retarded for being well set up? If club members and perennial players are happy seeing large wads of cash being thrown at players, good on them, it's never going to be sustained success and I've always preferred to have a beer with my mates after the game not someone who's there to collect their paycheck and take off after the game.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7925 times

Postby morell » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:45 am

Mr Beefy wrote:

Yeah, its called the "Rosewater Tactic".
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:31 pm

morell wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Yeah, its called the "Rosewater Tactic".

Is that another myth?
Where's your $50.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:31 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Thousands upon thousands of people play all sorts of sport without getting paid.

Not many sports have such a high injury rate as Australian Rules Football does though, I think they'd look elsewhere at something less risky or something that does offer a bit of coin.
Time is money too, they could be spending the same time working, most occasions it's when they hook up with a chick or start a family football becomes more of a chore.

SA isn't a good guide but no many players in Union are getting paid here, there would be a few in grade1 but definitely no one outside of that

Grade 2 & 3 clubs like mine is may have some players that aren't paying fees and are giving their socks and shorts but no one is getting paid on a per game basis
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:14 pm

whufc wrote:SA isn't a good guide but no many players in Union are getting paid here, there would be a few in grade1 but definitely no one outside of that

Grade 2 & 3 clubs like mine is may have some players that aren't paying fees and are giving their socks and shorts but no one is getting paid on a per game basis

In SA very limited in Union, would be none in league except fees covered etc., but head out towards some more Rugby based heartlands and there is quite an amount of money that does get thrown around, but usually it's incentive based as well, not just match payments.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League