The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby am Bays » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:21 pm

Booney wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
Booney wrote:Oh dear Russell Ebert. It's not to keep the AFL clubs happy, FFS, it's to work towards a point where the SANFL has a more even playing field, by reducing the number of AFL listed players at SANFL league level.

Not selling it as ground rationalisation any more then?

Given that the smears spent years moving their listed players to Alberton under the pretext of maximising their exposure at SANFL league level - and given that the clowns were not interested in fielding a team in the SANFL reserves comp, they insisted it be in league ranks - I don't think either club would be keen on a system which reduces the number of AFL listed players at SANFL league level. As you are so fond of saying, It Won't Be Happening Soon.

It's not a matter of keeping the two sides happy, it's in the aid of finding a place where more people are content with the set up as it is pretty clear the two sides aren't going anywhere soon.

Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:23 pm

Booney wrote:Man U and Chelsea, they're as important to this discussion as Fred and Wilma Flintstone. :lol:

No but the analogy is.

Booney wrote: The AFL won't do away with the draft, it's money spinning theatre and they know it.

Not right now maybe, but I wouldn't say longer term it wouldn't happen.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:25 pm

am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
Booney wrote:Oh dear Russell Ebert. It's not to keep the AFL clubs happy, FFS, it's to work towards a point where the SANFL has a more even playing field, by reducing the number of AFL listed players at SANFL league level.

Not selling it as ground rationalisation any more then?

Given that the smears spent years moving their listed players to Alberton under the pretext of maximising their exposure at SANFL league level - and given that the clowns were not interested in fielding a team in the SANFL reserves comp, they insisted it be in league ranks - I don't think either club would be keen on a system which reduces the number of AFL listed players at SANFL league level. As you are so fond of saying, It Won't Be Happening Soon.

It's not a matter of keeping the two sides happy, it's in the aid of finding a place where more people are content with the set up as it is pretty clear the two sides aren't going anywhere soon.

Thankyou, confusion. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7492 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby therisingblues » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:19 pm

Jim05 wrote:Whilst there are many who dont want them in full stop there are just as many who aren't fussed if they are in just as long as they are never allowed to be successful. A premiership to either of them would be the definate death knell to the comp

Can't say I am aware of that "not fussed" category of people Jim.
I find we can group these people two ways.
1: People who want the AFL sides out, and prefer SANFL to AFL.
2: People who want them to stay, and prefer AFL to SANFL.
I am yet to meet ANYBODY who prefers SANFL to AFL who wants the reserves to stay in our league. I have met a few people who prefer AFL that understand and acknowledge how unreasonable the set up is, but want the reserves to stay because it is more beneficial to the Crows and the Power to have it that way. Usually however, the AFL mob are basically uneducated about the issues and very arrogant in their assertations that we accommodate their reserves. They're often just unable to understand how something that they think is good could be an imposition for others. If you'll excuse the analogy, it is very American.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Pseudo » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:30 pm

Booney wrote:It's not a matter of keeping the two sides happy,

Then it is also urinating in the face of a strong westerly.

it's in the aid of finding a place where more people are content with the set up

More people would be content with less involvement from interlopers. Clearly this would be better served by removal of a team from the reserves competition, not the addition of a team to it.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:30 pm

therisingblues wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Whilst there are many who dont want them in full stop there are just as many who aren't fussed if they are in just as long as they are never allowed to be successful. A premiership to either of them would be the definate death knell to the comp

I am yet to meet ANYBODY who prefers SANFL to AFL who wants the reserves to stay in our league. I have met a few people who prefer AFL that understand and acknowledge how unreasonable the set up is, but want the reserves to stay because it is more beneficial to the Crows and the Power to have it that way. Usually however, the AFL mob are basically uneducated about the issues and very arrogant in their assertations that we accommodate their reserves. They're often just unable to understand how something that they think is good could be an imposition for others. If you'll excuse the analogy, it is very American.

What group do the people who attend SANFL every week now fall into then?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:32 pm

Pseudo wrote:

it's in the aid of finding a place where more people are content with the set up

More people would be content with less involvement from interlopers. Clearly this would be better served by removal of a team from the reserves competition, not the addition of a team to it.

That's your view, I've got mine and I don't think its "clearly" the case as you suggest.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:40 pm

therisingblues wrote:

I have met many SANFL followers who whilst being against the AFL sides being in the comp have come to the realisation that they are here for the long haul. They are of the opinion that if they have to play in the comp than atleast the footings need to be equal and the AFL sides chances of winning minimalised. The Crows spooked a lot of supporters this year, they got a look at what the AFL sides are capable of with a full list to choose from
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby am Bays » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:42 pm

Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:50 pm

Booney wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

That's your view, I've got mine and I don't think its "clearly" the case as you suggest.

Quick reply. Aren't you playing Donkey Kong? :lol:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:59 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Booney wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Quick reply. Aren't you playing Donkey Kong? :lol:

On one screen yes. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby wild dog » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:00 pm

Booney wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
Booney wrote:Yes, the reserves will be 8 teams, 4 games per week. Excellent maths.

Hopefully you can add up that one team, per week, will have the league and the reserves playing at different locations. Meaning support staff can't be at both. Now, that won't work, will it?

The SANFL clubs have managed an 8 team comp with the U/18s playing at different venues for a few years now. No reason the reserves couldn't play curtain raisers to the juniors once in a while - particularly since they'd also be on an 8-team fixture.

Nevertheless "Adelaide needs a reserves-reserves team so the SANFL clubs don't have to play separate reserve games" is possibly the flimsiest reason I have yet seen in favour of interloper interests.

Oh dear Russell Ebert. It's not to keep the AFL clubs happy, FFS, it's to work towards a point where the SANFL has a more even playing field, by reducing the number of AFL listed players at SANFL league level.

Now while "kick them out" is your only answer, that isn't happening soon, so work towards a better outcome than the one we have. Wouldn't that be a good move?

Quote "Just kick them out, that'll be the best move - Naive SA Footy poster"

Yes you are talking ideology vs pragmatic solution seeking. This is football, I would have thought ideology fits in quite well with vocal and passionate supporters. Wouldn't you agree that consistently trying to appease and find the middle ground has just resulted in the mess we find ourselves in?

Central District Football Club has listened to its members and is the only club publically standing up to this situation. All Centrals supporters should be proud of the club, and support them at games.

I have not heard a great deal from South Adelaide about this lately.

Other supporters who do not like the situation should be demanding their club makes a change in stance. Vote, make statements and let the club know they are not acting in the best interest of your club or the competition.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:36 pm

Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

People like me and my mates who now go to 10-13 games a year. 10 years ago I was going to 40 plus. Even did 4 in a day at four grounds once. I'm lucky to make 2 or 3 away games now but go to most home games to catch up with mates.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby UK Fan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:21 pm

Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Disgruntled and disillusioned observing the last 200 pages.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:30 pm

So SANFL membership is up 3%? Thats because it is done at the beginning of the year, wonder how many will renew next year after the drop off in 2015?

Want to know how far the SANFL has fallen in the media? Listen to Rowey interview Josh Carr on 5AA and he talks about Centrals coach Rory Laird, twice!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:38 pm

Dutchy wrote:Want to know how far the SANFL has fallen in the media? Listen to Rowey interview Josh Carr on 5AA and he talks about Centrals coach Rory Laird, twice!

A FRoydian slip? ;)
Last edited by Magellan on Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby stan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:45 pm

Dutchy wrote:So SANFL membership is up 3%? Thats because it is done at the beginning of the year, wonder how many will renew next year after the drop off in 2015?

Want to know how far the SANFL has fallen in the media? Listen to Rowey interview Josh Carr on 5AA and he talks about Centrals coach Rory Laird, twice!

Yeah but Rowey is a moron.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:17 pm

SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby therisingblues » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:22 pm

Jim05 wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

I have met many SANFL followers who whilst being against the AFL sides being in the comp have come to the realisation that they are here for the long haul. They are of the opinion that if they have to play in the comp than atleast the footings need to be equal and the AFL sides chances of winning minimalised. The Crows spooked a lot of supporters this year, they got a look at what the AFL sides are capable of with a full list to choose from

Numb acceptance. I have found myself in that position from time to time, then I'll realise how dead the atmosphere is, or I'll notice that there are no Magpies fans etc... and then I start feeling pissed off all over again. Just coming to a realisation that they are here to stay doesn't mean you approve or don't mind them being there. Some people start going bald, just because they realise that fact doesn't mean they would prefer not to have hair.
So I would consider such people to be category ones: Prefer SANFL to AFL and want the reserves out.

And Mr Boon. Most people who attend SANFL games want the reserves out and prefer SANFL to AFL. As I said I am yet to meet anyone who doesn't fit into either category. I would say that you are the closest to being an exception, but I reckon you love your Power more than you love your Magpies, hence you are category 2 in my system of categorising opinions in this situation we find ourselves in.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby CENTURION » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:41 pm

FFS, this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tedious.
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL