3%
Salisbury North
9%
Tea Tree Gully
5%

Total votes : 75

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

Postby Q. » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:59 pm

retired60 wrote:For what its worth....the two umpires that did the TTG/Payneham game have just been appointed to the G/F: go to http://www.saafl.asn.au

Well hopefully they let the game flow and do what good umpires do - go unnoticed.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:10 pm

Q. wrote:
retired60 wrote:For what its worth....the two umpires that did the TTG/Payneham game have just been appointed to the G/F: go to http://www.saafl.asn.au

Well hopefully they let the game flow and do what good umpires do - go unnoticed.

To quote Happy Gilmore "Green jacket, gold jacket, who gives a shit!"... Whilst I will cry BAAAALLLLL like a sheep, complain that Jolls never gets a fair go and even let out a how did he miss that, what game is he watching... I wont be worrying about umpiring, they might be good, they might be bad, they may even cost us the game with a questionable decision but at the end of the day there just two blokes trying to do a job under a truckload of pressure.

You're spot on, I hope they go un-noticed but at the end of the day - "It is what it is", I wish them all the best for the day and hope they have a good game.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby ezydoesitbigfella » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:38 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Q. wrote:

To quote Happy Gilmore "Green jacket, gold jacket, who gives a shit!"... Whilst I will cry BAAAALLLLL like a sheep, complain that Jolls never gets a fair go and even let out a how did he miss that, what game is he watching... I wont be worrying about umpiring, they might be good, they might be bad, they may even cost us the game with a questionable decision but at the end of the day there just two blokes trying to do a job under a truckload of pressure.

You're spot on, I hope they go un-noticed but at the end of the day - "It is what it is", I wish them all the best for the day and hope they have a good game.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> AT LAST - this is exactly how everyone should watch every game of football - don't worry about the umpires - ENJOY THE GAME!!!
ezydoesitbigfella
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Cash 123 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:50 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Q. wrote:

Agreed. However they are paid and if the mistakes are continual should be held accountable just as any other person in a paid position is!
Cash 123
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 22 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:57 pm

ezydoesitbigfella wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
Q. wrote:

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> AT LAST - this is exactly how everyone should watch every game of football - don't worry about the umpires - ENJOY THE GAME!!!

Thank you kind Sir. I watch AFL, SANFL and SAAFL every week. I play once a week. I coach most weeks and I have worked in the football industry. If I worried about umpires I literally would hate my life.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby jo172 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:02 pm

Cash 123 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
Q. wrote:

Agreed. However they are paid and if the mistakes are continual should be held accountable just as any other person in a paid position is!

Don't see any of the paid players (or coaches) being held accountable for their mistakes on here. Let alone in a public, abusive and unconstructive manner.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby ezydoesitbigfella » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:02 pm

jo172 wrote:

Don't see any of the paid players (or coaches) being held accountable for their mistakes on here. Let alone in a public, abusive and unconstructive manner.[/quote]

=D> =D> =D> =D> FOOTBALL FANS 2 - UMPIRE BASHERS NIL

FYI - FOUR umpires were dropped and missed Grand Final appointments for errors made in Prelim finals - so - Umpires ARE held to account - but only to the Umpires Coach - hmmmm - just like players.....amazing!
ezydoesitbigfella
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Cash 123 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:07 pm

ezydoesitbigfella wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Don't see any of the paid players (or coaches) being held accountable for their mistakes on here. Let alone in a public, abusive and unconstructive manner.[/quote]

=D> =D> =D> =D> FOOTBALL FANS 2 - UMPIRE BASHERS NIL

FYI - FOUR umpires were dropped and missed Grand Final appointments for errors made in Prelim finals - so - Umpires ARE held to account - but only to the Umpires Coach - hmmmm - just like players.....amazing!

Of course they are held accountable, they are dropped for poor performance. I dare say some players also have there payments cut due to poor form or not meeting necessary standards
Cash 123
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 22 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:12 am

I want PNU to win just so everyone can get their $35 entry fee's worth watching Wristy's reaction. Odds on the great man will crack a stiffy, then start crying, then run out and hug Jolly, crack another stiffy, start crying again and get a big red head and belt out the song in the hoarsest voice you've ever heard, then do things that can't be written about on here.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:17 am

The Big Shrek wrote:I want PNU to win just so everyone can get their $35 entry fee's worth watching Wristy's reaction. Odds on the great man will crack a stiffy, then start crying, then run out and hug Jolly, crack another stiffy, start crying again and get a big red head and belt out the song in the hoarsest voice you've ever heard, then do things that can't be written about on here.

Well that's pretty much exactly what I did the last two years :D I was watching videos on my phone last night of 2013 and 2014 and it's as if you watched them with me.

Just read that to my wife and she said the only thing you have missed is the quote "Where's my Jolly, I wanna hug him".

As you would be well aware the Grand Final Euphoria is something that is a spontaneous full body orgasm that runs its own course. Whether it's C4, Div 4 or top flight.

Obviously we are massive under dogs and this is a huge challenge but you have to dare to dream that the ultimate Cinderella story ( I always say that in the Bill Murray Caddyshack voice) might become a reality.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Inallseriousness » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:00 pm

Rumour has it that the Hose and TJ completed their pre GF interviews with 'club legends' this week. I'm hearing the first question asked by TJ to the PNU Club President George was an absolute cracker and is not to be missed!
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Q. » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:42 pm

Stent, Castree and one other to TTG next year.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby jo172 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:08 pm

Q. wrote:Stent, Castree and one other to TTG next year.

Richer getting richer there. Will have one hell of an on-ball division.

Have to admire how little time they waste at the end of the season too!
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:31 pm

Inallseriousness wrote:Rumour has it that the Hose and TJ completed their pre GF interviews with 'club legends' this week. I'm hearing the first question asked by TJ to the PNU Club President George was an absolute cracker and is not to be missed!

Someone's got to ask the hard questions :)
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Inallseriousness » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:04 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:Rumour has it that the Hose and TJ completed their pre GF interviews with 'club legends' this week. I'm hearing the first question asked by TJ to the PNU Club President George was an absolute cracker and is not to be missed!

I bet it doesn't get to air though! lol
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:05 pm

Link?
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby SATCHEL » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:37 am

Inallseriousness wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

I bet it doesn't get to air though! lol

Battle Rat of mammoth proportions.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby jo172 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:06 pm

wristwatcher wrote:My tips for the season which is now only 2 months away.

GF
Goodwood v PNU ( this may be a little bias )
Relegation
Portland and SHOC

Should wake up some Portland posters who normally suffer pre season bans :)

@wristwatcher

Not bad
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Inallseriousness » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:04 pm

Might be an omen for a GF win for sides this year with a significant 'P' in its name.....PAOC, PHOS, Para Hills...maybe PNU
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:42 pm

jo172 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:My tips for the season which is now only 2 months away.

GF
Goodwood v PNU ( this may be a little bias )
Relegation
Portland and SHOC

Should wake up some Portland posters who normally suffer pre season bans :)

@wristwatcher

Not bad

That's why I get paid the big bucks. But seriously how good is that for a prediction made in Febuary =D>
wristwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League