Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Failed Creation » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:44 am

OnSong wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:Does anyone know how much it costs to get into the Grand Final on Saturday, or if there's a match-day program available?

• Gates Open 7.30am • Admission: Adult $10, Senior Card $5, Under 17 - Free

Match day program available at the gate.

You're a legend.

I've never been to an Adelaide Plains game before, so I look forward to it.

OnSong wrote:If you're coming in tomorrow, we'll have the large main entry open from the Whitwarta Road, so don't drive past it as you would on a normal match.
I think we'll have signs up.

I'll be on the BBQ at 8am and the grandstand bar from 11am, so hit me up for a cheap beer. ;)

I am partial to a beverage. ;)
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:45 am

OnSong wrote:If you're coming in tomorrow, we'll have the large main entry open from the Whitwarta Road, so don't drive past it as you would on a normal match.

I'll be on the BBQ at 8am and the grandstand bar from 11am, so hit me up for a cheap beer. ;)

Should use that gate all the time. Much easier for me to find a park with the Whitwarta Rd entrance. :D
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby OnSong » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:46 am

Mythical Creature wrote:

Should use that gate all the time. Much easier for me to find a park with the Whitwarta Rd entrance. :D

Agreed but I think the side entrance allows the person on the gate to still see some of the action going on and not working in the boondocks all day. I think that's the reason anyway.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:55 am

OnSong wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Daniel Kerr must've been close judging by the games I saw.

Had a great season, probably Virginia's most improved. But not quite in the same class as those midfielders selected.

Fair enough, I thought he may have snared a flank or something, he plays any position.

Tough gig though, the team looks very impressive.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby OnSong » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:57 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
OnSong wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Daniel Kerr must've been close judging by the games I saw.

Had a great season, probably Virginia's most improved. But not quite in the same class as those midfielders selected.

Fair enough, I thought he may have snared a flank or something, he plays any position.

Tough gig though, the team looks very impressive.

There were several unlucky cases, Kerr, Dylan Wise, Ryan McPharlin, Ian Naulty, Adrian Mills, Nathan Rose all amongst the discussions.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:16 am

OnSong wrote:There were several unlucky cases, Kerr, Dylan Wise, Ryan McPharlin, Ian Naulty, Adrian Mills, Nathan Rose all amongst the discussions.

I'm sure he'll be smiling regardless.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby OnSong » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:20 am

Forecast is a fine day, 22 degrees. Light winds. The oval will be a picture. These are the days you really wished you made finals.

Blew its arse off in the first semi, was hot for the prelim, but tomorrow, it's just going to be perfect. Get around it.
OnSong
Coach

Postby bombers boy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:31 am

Failed Creation wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:Does anyone know how much it costs to get into the Grand Final on Saturday, or if there's a match-day program available?

10 or 12 bucks i reckon.

What's everyones tips for tomorrow?

I'll go with
Pains me to write it
Virginia double
Mallala S/C
TW J/C

ill go Mallala in the ones Osborn BOG
bombers boy
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:30 pm

Tips for tomorrow:- Not sure if I will be there yet, but certainly can't ask for a better weather day.

A Grade:- I'm gonna tip Mallala as I have all finals series. I believe when at full strength they still have the best side. Virginia will be hard to beat, but if anyone can its the Pies. I think if Mallala can stay with Virginia early or even jump them, panic may set in and Virginia for basically the first time all year will be chasing. When or if this happens funny things can happen to structures as desperations sets in. Easier said than done however with Virginia pretty strong all over the ground and exceptionally good up forward. Having said that I would personally prefer the Rams to win as we won't hear from them again until April.

B Grade:- Its going to be closer than people think, Virginia won't have it all easy, but they are clearly the best side out of the two. I expect them to get the job done here by 5 goals in a high scoring game.

17s:- This will be the closest game of the day. Balaklava at full strength and I will tip them in an upset over Mallala.

14s:- This is the easiest game of the day to pick a winner. Two Wells by 4 goals.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:34 pm

OnSong wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

Agreed but I think the side entrance allows the person on the gate to still see some of the action going on and not working in the boondocks all day. I think that's the reason anyway.

Never considered this. Makes perfect sense though for the gate keeper.
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby OnSong » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:24 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Tips for tomorrow:- Not sure if I will be there yet, but certainly can't ask for a better weather day.

A Grade:- I'm gonna tip Mallala as I have all finals series. I believe when at full strength they still have the best side. Virginia will be hard to beat, but if anyone can its the Pies. I think if Mallala can stay with Virginia early or even jump them, panic may set in and Virginia for basically the first time all year will be chasing. When or if this happens funny things can happen to structures as desperations sets in. Easier said than done however with Virginia pretty strong all over the ground and exceptionally good up forward. Having said that I would personally prefer the Rams to win as we won't hear from them again until April.

B Grade:- Its going to be closer than people think, Virginia won't have it all easy, but they are clearly the best side out of the two. I expect them to get the job done here by 5 goals in a high scoring game.

17s:- This will be the closest game of the day. Balaklava at full strength and I will tip them in an upset over Mallala.

14s:- This is the easiest game of the day to pick a winner. Two Wells by 4 goals.

Chased down a three goal headstart against Two Wells but if the Roosters got another, who knows what could have happened. Mallala a classic comeback side too after last year's effort. Virginia can not afford a lapse.
OnSong
Coach

Postby test » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:07 pm

Whatever the outcome lock it in that Andrew Ross will get the 3 votes for the few days following the game.
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:06 pm

Well done Virginia, winners in both A grade and Reserves
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:43 am

magpieeagle wrote:Well done Virginia, winners in both A grade and Reserves

Sorry, couldn't help myself Virginia.
Attachments
untitled yellow.png
untitled yellow.png (52.29 KiB) Viewed 3641 times
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:22 am

Well done to Virginia to win the double. Best side all year in both grades.

Highlight of the day was sitting next to Robbo's Grandma for most of the match. One of the best supporters you will ever see, loud, passionate and not one bit abusive. Just "GO RAMS" every 5 seconds, followed by "good boy Bradley" which was fairly often given how much of the pill he had. :D

How good was the atmosphere with the team songs being played as the teams ran out for all grades. Well done on the league getting the songs recorded and well done to Balak for playing them and timing it perfectly. Added to a pretty decent day of footy.
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:13 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Well done to Virginia to win the double. Best side all year in both grades.

Highlight of the day was sitting next to Robbo's Grandma for most of the match. One of the best supporters you will ever see, loud, passionate and not one bit abusive. Just "GO RAMS" every 5 seconds, followed by "good boy Bradley" which was fairly often given how much of the pill he had. :D

How good was the atmosphere with the team songs being played as the teams ran out for all grades. Well done on the league getting the songs recorded and well done to Balak for playing them and timing it perfectly. Added to a pretty decent day of footy.

Robbo's grandma is a gem, as is the whole family.

I caught up with them all after the game, and understandably they were all emotional.

They're genuinely great people.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby magpieeagle » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:15 pm

Steve Lubcke/Keith Earl are back for season 2016
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:20 pm

Does AV's penchant for the knuckle make a consideration in their application for the APFL? They are not a club I would be looking to add to a league. Perhaps the opposite?
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:11 am

Esteban Vihaio wrote:Does AV's penchant for the knuckle make a consideration in their application for the APFL? They are not a club I would be looking to add to a league. Perhaps the opposite?

Most would have said the same about Virginia when they first joined up - and they were right, initially at least. There were some shocking incidents in the early days - the Boh Wall king hit for one. However, they have improved greatly over the years particularly in the A grade. I think Greg Phillips played a massive role with the improvement in their discipline. IMO Phillips deserves some credit for their win on Saturday - although Stevie P has taken them to the next level. Well deserved premiers.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:44 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:Does AV's penchant for the knuckle make a consideration in their application for the APFL? They are not a club I would be looking to add to a league. Perhaps the opposite?

Most would have said the same about Virginia when they first joined up - and they were right, initially at least. There were some shocking incidents in the early days - the Boh Wall king hit for one. However, they have improved greatly over the years particularly in the A grade. I think Greg Phillips played a massive role with the improvement in their discipline. IMO Phillips deserves some credit for their win on Saturday - although Stevie P has taken them to the next level. Well deserved premiers.

I was doing the boundary umpiring as a 12 year old and saw that hit happen right in front of me. not the best incident to see at that age
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy