Crows 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2015

Postby TEX07 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:52 pm

bennymacca wrote:Yeah Vince has been amazing this year.

And you guys are right, if you could add Tippett Gunston and Davis back into our team it probably makes us a top 4 side.

Definitely been an issue holding talent in the past few years

Gunston was always going back to Victoria IMO. It's almost like you need to do a full physc evaluation before you draft an interstate kid. He did his minimum stint and went back and has had great success. Davis was offered something he couldn't refuse, as was Tippett really. Neither would have got that in Adelaide. We have had trouble holding talent, or maybe we were/are very good at recognising talent, seems we are constantly raided maybe we are a soft target because all these guys left for next to nothing.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:31 pm

TEX07 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Yeah Vince has been amazing this year.

And you guys are right, if you could add Tippett Gunston and Davis back into our team it probably makes us a top 4 side.

Definitely been an issue holding talent in the past few years

Gunston was always going back to Victoria IMO. It's almost like you need to do a full physc evaluation before you draft an interstate kid. He did his minimum stint and went back and has had great success. Davis was offered something he couldn't refuse, as was Tippett really. Neither would have got that in Adelaide. We have had trouble holding talent, or maybe we were/are very good at recognising talent, seems we are constantly raided maybe we are a soft target because all these guys left for next to nothing.

ifs, buts and maybes but imagine having Bock, Davis, Gunston in our 2012 side
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby helicopterking » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:27 pm

How about this trade.
Dangerfield to Geelong for Pick 9 & George Horlin Smith.
Send Pick 9 to PA for Hartlett. In saying that,Other teams might have something better to offer Hartlett.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Groover » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Crows should have taken picks 1 and 2 for him last year and avoided all this fuss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 386 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby bennymacca » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:41 pm

Groover wrote:Crows should have taken picks 1 and 2 for him last year and avoided all this fuss

It was 2 and 3 iirc, but yeah

I guess they still held out hopes he would stay
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Tiger83 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:02 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Groover wrote:Crows should have taken picks 1 and 2 for him last year and avoided all this fuss

It was 2 and 3 iirc, but yeah

I guess they still held out hopes he would stay

But last year he was still contracted and wouldve had to agree to get traded to Melbourne.. And i dont think they could pay him enough to go to that shemozzle of a club
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:16 pm

thats another thing i dont really agree with.

My preference would be no compensation at all for free agency, but clubs can trade players without their consent up until that point, as many other sports do
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:49 pm

On the couch reporting that Worsfold has severed ties with the Crows

Means he is going to Essendon without a doubt.

Does he go as head coach or as the coaching director and mckenna goes in as coach?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Gozu » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:04 pm

Bit of a shame I was holding out hope Worsfold would be the next Crows coach.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:04 am

bennymacca wrote:On the couch reporting that Worsfold has severed ties with the Crows

Does he go as head coach or as the coaching director and mckenna goes in as coach?

I would rather him as the director unless he can prove that he has the hunger for the coaching job for 3-4 years. Dont think we should get him to do a Roos type hand over role.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:00 am

bennymacca wrote:thats another thing i dont really agree with.

My preference would be no compensation at all for free agency, but clubs can trade players without their consent up until that point, as many other sports do

I disagree. I think the "winning" club in a free agency move should cough something up.

The father-son process is a bidding war, I think clubs should have to commit to something.

Say Geelong went "We are after Dangerfield and have a first and second round pick to give" Adelaide might not go through the process of matching etc.Might be easier for all parties.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:32 am

Reports that the announcement will be made this morning. Just get it over and done with and move on
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:10 am

So, Michael Talia being investigated for giving Daniel Talia information prior to the Bulldogs playing Adelaide in the Elimination final. Interesting.

Would spell the end of his time at the Bulldogs, if found to be true you would think.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-23/t ... ts/6797050

Brothers Michael and Daniel Talia are understood to be involved in an AFL investigation requested by the Western Bulldogs.

The AFL integrity unit is looking into allegations that "game sensitive information" was leaked from the Bulldogs to Adelaide ahead of their elimination final.

Adelaide won the match by seven points.

The AFL became involved after a request from the Bulldogs.

Speculation was rife at Tuesday night's AFL All-Australian dinner that the investigation involved the Talia brothers.

Michael plays for the Bulldogs, but is out of contract, while his older brother Daniel is a Crows defender.

In a statement, Bulldogs chief executive David Stevenson said they became aware of the alleged leak three days after the September 12 season-ending loss.

The Bulldogs called it "inappropriate transmission of game-sensitive information".

"While we do not believe this matter had a material bearing on the game or the result, we believe it is appropriate to report these matters relating to integrity to the AFL for consideration," Stevenson added.

The Crows also released a statement on Tuesday, denying they had done anything wrong.

"We are aware of an internal investigation undertaken by the Western Bulldogs regarding the transmission of some limited game-sensitive information in the lead-up to our recent final," Crows chief executive Andrew Fagan said.

"Our club strongly refutes any suggestion of wrongdoing.

"At no stage did our coaches meet to discuss any information received from an external source, nor did it alter our team selection, strategies or game plan."

Bulldogs captain Bob Murphy said on Tuesday night that people had to tread carefully regarding the matter.

"Football clubs are family ... it's such a close knit brethren and feeling among people," he said.

"I'd hate to think that was broken."
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:20 am

Crows making a statement later this morning re Danger.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby hawks21 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:44 am

bennymacca wrote:On the couch reporting that Worsfold has severed ties with the Crows

Heard he is in a bit of financial trouble with some bad property investments over in Perth and has taken the massive 1.5m 5 year contract Essendon has offered.

Well done and thanks for the help in our time of need Woosha! =D>
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby JK » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:46 am

Michael Talia's name had been thrown around a bit in trade talks, and the first and easiest thought when this news broke, was that it might have been some sort of conversation surrounding them.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:49 am

Booney wrote:So, Michael Talia being investigated for giving Daniel Talia information prior to the Bulldogs playing Adelaide in the Elimination final. Interesting.

Would spell the end of his time at the Bulldogs, if found to be true you would think.

A potential spanner in the works is that Michael has been heavily linked to the crows in recent weeks.

Not trying to automatically cast Michael as guilty but I could easily see a situation where the crows have offered him a spot next year, he has accepted and will come to us via psd, and he knows he isn't playing that final - which club is he going to help out? The one he and his brother will play at next year or the one he is leaving?

Having said all that it is clearly speculation and we have no idea what was said
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:50 am

JK wrote:Michael Talia's name had been thrown around a bit in trade talks, and the first and easiest thought when this news broke, was that it might have been some sort of conversation surrounding them.

Yeah it is the easiest guess to make. Probably a much bigger story if it is anyone else
bennymacca
Coach

Postby hawks21 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:38 am

helicopterking wrote:How about this trade.
Send Pick 9 to PA for Hartlett. In saying that,Other teams might have something better to offer Hartlett.

Crows will be hoping for a lot more. Surely the Beams deal last year (First round, second round + Cripps) is a starting point.

People also need to stop going on about 'we should have taken pick 2 and 3 from Melbourne last year'. He was never going to go to Melbourne and we couldnt force him as he was contracted.

Also Bock and Davis would still be playing for the Crows if the GC and GWS were not in the comp, both were given massive $$$$ they could not say no too.

i will wait till the end of trade period to see what club does Coach and player wise before getting too upset! Hey it could be worse, we could be Carlton Supporters!
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:42 am

hawks21 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:How about this trade.

Crows will be hoping for a lot more. Surely the Beams deal last year (First round, second round + Cripps) is a starting point.

People also need to stop going on about 'we should have taken pick 2 and 3 from Melbourne last year'. He was never going to go to Melbourne and we couldnt force him as he was contracted.

Also Bock and Davis would still be playing for the Crows if the GC and GWS were not in the comp, both were given massive $$$$ they could not say no too.

i will wait till the end of trade period to see what club does Coach and player wise before getting too upset! Hey it could be worse, we could be Carlton Supporters!

Line ball from this side of the fence mate. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL