Crows 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2015

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:38 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:What a last couple of days...

Woosha gone
Campo won't run for Coach next season (don't mind this though)
Danger gone
I am hearing Poulos is going to Geelong and Burton to replace him (I know this has been mentioned before and I said "laughable" but my reliable source has confirmed it...)
Investigation into Talia brothers

Never a dull moment in Crow land.

Really, I think he's done an exceptional job, my only criticism of their form is they seem to lay down a little too easy when getting beaten and the games blow out.

Campo, under the circumstances of his appointment, was never going to be able to be a hard task master. There was no way he could come down on this group like a tonne of bricks, regardless of their form this year. As such he's been a soft touch, hardly invokes fear as a bloke who could deliver the old school spray. Mind you, I think that is few and far between in the modern game, analysis and training is the way to get players to lift not so much yelling and swearing, but I think a coach still needs to look like he has the ability to go tropo at any moment. Campo hardly puts the wind up anyone.

Especially Darryl Borlase, on the members wing, '94 Grand Final, Campo points at the scoreboard and gives Daisy a mouthful mid way through the second quarter. Port kick 11 goals to 2 after half time and mid way through the last Ginever and Borlase are both chatting to Camporeale, would love to know what was said. :lol:

I don't think he's been "exceptional", I think Walker, the leaders at the club on and off the ground drove this group in the second half of the year.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby JK » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:46 am

Will be interesting to see how the Dangerfield thing plays out, in terms of what Adelaide are able to get for him. They've come out strong publicly which all clubs do, but reality is a large portion of the destiny with this is outside of their control.

Without intending to Crow-bash, typically Adelaide get the very poor end of the stick in these types of situations, so will be interesting to see how it pans out. As much as I dislike Ricciutio, he does appear to have given them sharper teeth to a degree.

Adelaide lack star power on their rivals imho - I know, Walker, Betts etc., but there's not enough top 10 draft picks among their group - Look at Port who most would expect to bounce back next season with Hartlett, Gray, Wingard, Wines, Ebert, Boak - Then add Dixon and Ryder who are as good as first round picks. Adelaide's unwillingness to bottom out hasn't helped them in the draft neither has the ramifications of Tippettgate - But if they can land 2 x Top 10 picks for Dangerfield, maybe that starts to address one of their deficiencies?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:53 am

2 top 10 picks are still going to see them start a new plan of rebuilding. They were well and truly into that stage already and a possible premiership threat within two to three years, I think they'll have to focus beyond that now.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Zorro » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:53 am

Some would say you can't 'replace' Dangerfield and you probably can't, but getting B Crouch fit is a big piece of the puzzle.
The Cocks Will Rise Again
Zorro
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 52 times

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:59 am

Zorro wrote:Some would say you can't 'replace' Dangerfield and you probably can't, but getting B Crouch fit is a big piece of the puzzle.

M Crouch not yet signed on the dotted line?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:05 am

JK wrote:Will be interesting to see how the Dangerfield thing plays out, in terms of what Adelaide are able to get for him. They've come out strong publicly which all clubs do, but reality is a large portion of the destiny with this is outside of their control.

Without intending to Crow-bash, typically Adelaide get the very poor end of the stick in these types of situations, so will be interesting to see how it pans out. As much as I dislike Ricciutio, he does appear to have given them sharper teeth to a degree.

Adelaide lack star power on their rivals imho - I know, Walker, Betts etc., but there's not enough top 10 draft picks among their group - Look at Port who most would expect to bounce back next season with Hartlett, Gray, Wingard, Wines, Ebert, Boak - Then add Dixon and Ryder who are as good as first round picks. Adelaide's unwillingness to bottom out hasn't helped them in the draft neither has the ramifications of Tippettgate - But if they can land 2 x Top 10 picks for Dangerfield, maybe that starts to address one of their deficiencies?

Plenty of first round picks turn out to be duds and this years draft is widely tipped as being shallow, very shallow.

It will be very interesting to see if Adelaide do indeed set a precedent and match the offer. It will be the first time a club has and,IMO, it will lead the way for all clubs to do so in the future in their own best interests.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby TEX07 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:16 am

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:Will be interesting to see how the Dangerfield thing plays out, in terms of what Adelaide are able to get for him. They've come out strong publicly which all clubs do, but reality is a large portion of the destiny with this is outside of their control.

Plenty of first round picks turn out to be duds and this years draft is widely tipped as being shallow, very shallow.

It will be very interesting to see if Adelaide do indeed set a precedent and match the offer. It will be the first time a club has and,IMO, it will lead the way for all clubs to do so in the future in their own best interests.

If they match the offer but cant strike a deal with Geelong and he goes into the draft, do the Crows then lose their concession pick that they would get?

Seems to me that if they just made sides give something up for the restricted free agent this would avoid all the risk for all parties, Cats get their player, Crows get something back and player gets to where he wants to go. This would have seen the Hawks get something better for Franklin than pick 19, they shouldnt have had to match the offer, just make sides give something up for that player as a restricted free agent.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:23 am

TEX07 wrote:
Booney wrote:

If they match the offer but cant strike a deal with Geelong and he goes into the draft, do the Crows then lose their concession pick that they would get?

Seems to me that if they just made sides give something up for the restricted free agent this would avoid all the risk for all parties, Cats get their player, Crows get something back and player gets to where he wants to go. This would have seen the Hawks get something better for Franklin than pick 19, they shouldnt have had to match the offer, just make sides give something up for that player as a restricted free agent.

If he goes into the draft the Crows get absolutely nothing for him
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:28 am

TEX07 wrote:
Booney wrote:

I totally agree. The club winning the services of the player should be the one giving something up. It basically costs Geelong nothing. If Adelaide get a compensation pick all it does is impact upon everyone behind them in the draft by moving them one pick back.

I think, like the father-son set up, you bid on the player. ie - Melbourne had to give up a first rounder for Jack Viney as someone else said they would use the first round pick to get him, so Melbourne had to use their first round pick. Fair enough.

If someone, say Essendon, said they would give two first rounders for Dangerfield then Geelong should too.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:36 am

Jim05 wrote:
TEX07 wrote:
Booney wrote:

And he plays for Carlton.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby JK » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:38 am

Booney wrote:Plenty of first round picks turn out to be duds and this years draft is widely tipped as being shallow, very shallow.

Shallow yes, but that doesn't impact on the top end talent available.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times

Postby TEX07 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:46 am

Jim05 wrote:
TEX07 wrote:
Booney wrote:

So really risky for all parties if the Crows match the offer, if they dont they get at least a pick 14 or 15. I honestly dont want to see the guy end up in the draft and at Carlton, he is well liked by the playing group and if we play hard ball too much and he ends up there I could see other players upset with the outcome for a good mate.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby valleys07 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:50 am

Booney wrote:

Rightfully so, IMO.

If the crows match his offer (which I hope like hell they do), then it gives the sense of control over the situation back to the clubs a little bit, by way of not rolling over and accepting petty compensation- actually forcing the club benefiting from the player to give up something resembling market worth.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:17 am

Jim05 wrote:Would like to thank the Crows for taking the heat of us for a week or so :D

laughed quite a lot at this one :D

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:Plenty of first round picks turn out to be duds and this years draft is widely tipped as being shallow, very shallow.

Shallow yes, but that doesn't impact on the top end talent available.

it is rumoured that the top 20 are ok and then it drops off a lot after that.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby schimma » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:06 pm

Ellis Yolman on his way out. St kilda or other victorian clubs may show interest. May have had a few Off field incidents at late
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:22 pm

schimma wrote:Ellis Yolman on his way out. St kilda or other victorian clubs may show interest. May have had a few Off field incidents at late

havent heard of said incidents?

thought he went really well early in the season and then seemed to fall out of favour, especially when Sloane and Thompson were both back up and running.

Issues with his disposal but he is of the new midfield body archetype so i have no doubt clubs will look at him, especially a club like st kilda who doesnt have many big bodied mids
bennymacca
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:23 pm

CEY wants to get to Gold Coast. Apparently some family are there. Good luck cracking that midfield when they are healthy!
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1846 times

Postby Lance's brother » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:24 pm

TEX07 wrote:I honestly dont want to see the guy end up in the draft and at Carlton, he is well liked by the playing group and if we play hard ball too much and he ends up there I could see other players upset with the outcome for a good mate.

Are you high?
Lance's brother
Under 18s

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:28 pm

Lance's brother wrote:
TEX07 wrote:I honestly dont want to see the guy end up in the draft and at Carlton, he is well liked by the playing group and if we play hard ball too much and he ends up there I could see other players upset with the outcome for a good mate.

Are you high?

I feel the same way - provided Geelong come to the party and give something approaching fair, I would rather him go there than anywhere else.

It would however get interesting if one of the other clubs suddenly threw danger 1 million a year and give us 3 players and two first rounders or something haha.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:33 pm

This is what I can see happening..
Crows agree to let him walk and get pick 15 (or whatever it is) as compo from AFL
Geelong then trade pick 9 their second round pick for our compo pick 15 and also
It would mean that Geelong give up something for him and Crows get more than just the compo pick, even though it still is not market value for Danger.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1846 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL