Crows 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2015

Postby Lance's brother » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:34 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Lance's brother wrote:
TEX07 wrote:I honestly dont want to see the guy end up in the draft and at Carlton, he is well liked by the playing group and if we play hard ball too much and he ends up there I could see other players upset with the outcome for a good mate.

Are you high?

I feel the same way - provided Geelong come to the party and give something approaching fair, I would rather him go there than anywhere else.

It would however get interesting if one of the other clubs suddenly threw danger 1 million a year and give us 3 players and two first rounders or something haha.

Well we can't trade him anywhere he doesn't accept as I understand it, but we can play hardball and make sure we get a fair deal or he goes to the draft. I don't care if that looks bad to his mates that are still playing for the Crows. Has to be done to send a message that we don't just bend over.

Port did it with Stevens. They took a hit on that and got zero compensation, but nobody tries to bluff them anymore. They get respect at the trade table and they deserve it.

We have to do the same.
Lance's brother
Under 18s

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:42 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Lance's brother wrote:
TEX07 wrote:I honestly dont want to see the guy end up in the draft and at Carlton, he is well liked by the playing group and if we play hard ball too much and he ends up there I could see other players upset with the outcome for a good mate.

Are you high?

I feel the same way - provided Geelong come to the party and give something approaching fair, I would rather him go there than anywhere else.

It would however get interesting if one of the other clubs suddenly threw danger 1 million a year and give us 3 players and two first rounders or something haha.

Geelong are known as the easiest club to negotiate a deal with. If Adelaide can't work out a deal then they are either too greedy, have no respect for the service Dangerfield gave them or both.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby JK » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Lance's brother wrote:

Are you high?

Geelong are known as the easiest club to negotiate a deal with. If Adelaide can't work out a deal then they are either too greedy, have no respect for the service Dangerfield gave them or both.

I dont think the service Dangerfield gave them should play a huge part in the Crows thinking (without discounting it completely) - They carried him for a year and he's in his prime years.

Any chance a Carlton, Brisbane, Essendon or St Kilda would take the punt on PD in a draft? If he were selected and refused to go then surely he'd be de-registered?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:17 pm

there is no way carlton wouldnt jump on him if he went in the PSD
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:23 pm

Seems like the newscorp papers have finally closed the loophole that allowed you to view their premium content for free just be replacing the "heraldsun" in the URL with "news"

can anyone tell me the details of the story that apparently says the tactics involved Stringer?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby TEX07 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:28 pm

Lance's brother wrote:

Are you high?

a little maybe
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Fricky » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:28 pm

MW wrote:This is what I can see happening..
Crows agree to let him walk and get pick 15 (or whatever it is) as compo from AFL
Geelong then trade pick 9 their second round pick for our compo pick 15 and also
It would mean that Geelong give up something for him and Crows get more than just the compo pick, even though it still is not market value for Danger.

Why would Geelong do that? If I was them and the Crows allowed Danger to walk for just the Compo pick I would say thank you and walk out the room.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:28 pm

If the Crows or D.Talia have requested, found out and used information about an opposition player for M.Talia reckon they could be in some strife

Article says WB have appealed to the AFL that sensitive information was given to the Crows.

They claim Michael gave Daniel information on Stringer and one other player, so far everyone is denying any information was passed on and that the conversation was just a football related chat that they have often throughout the year

The AFL is investigating the nature of the convo and whether information was passed on to the Crows coaching staff and whether it was applied or not
Last edited by whufc on Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5609 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:31 pm

whufc wrote:If the Crows or D.Talia have requested, found out and used information about an opposition player for M.Talia reckon they could be in some strife

Gee, Daniel could be getting out of the dishes for a while.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:31 pm

whufc wrote:If the Crows or D.Talia have requested, found out and used information about an opposition player for M.Talia reckon they could be in some strife

And if they did, and still only managed a last gasp win... there should be even more questions! - :shock:
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1280 times
Been liked: 3494 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Fricky » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Agreed. But if the Talias had a brotherly chat and Daniel then had a conversation with other crows players/coaches about it I don't think much will be done to the Crows. The Dogs might flick Michael though but it seems he is on the way out anyway
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby MW » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:31 pm

bennymacca wrote:Seems like the newscorp papers have finally closed the loophole that allowed you to view their premium content for free just be replacing the "heraldsun" in the URL with "news"

can anyone tell me the details of the story that apparently says the tactics involved Stringer?

copy the url and google it. then click on the first link
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby stan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:35 pm

bennymacca wrote:there is no way carlton wouldnt jump on him if he went in the PSD

Carlton, Essendon and Brisbane would fall over themselves that fast in jumping on Dangerfield. All have the cap room and really a gun midfielder in there prime via the draft, lol no brainer.

Its a poor bluff from Dangerfield's camp.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MW » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:36 pm

Everyone knows no club will take a player that will not play for them. Pure and simple. They can beat their chest all they want. Unless Geelong want to be generous in all this and offer a trade rather than getting him for nothing, he walks.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby TEX07 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:38 pm

How could they actually prove this? I would be pretty confident that the Crows would not have requested DT find out any "secret" info from MT. I still would love to know what the info actually was.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:38 pm

Suri wrote:

Agreed. But if the Talias had a brotherly chat and Daniel then had a conversation with other crows players/coaches about it I don't think much will be done to the Crows. The Dogs might flick Michael though but it seems he is on the way out anyway

Agree, I would be very interested to see how the AFL treat this case if found guilty, whether it is just the players who or the club as a whole who are punished.

I would think M&D would be in strife and depending on what the Crows did with the info as to whether they would punished or not.

Gut feel tells me the AFL may crack down real hard on this if found true to make an example especially with free agency and players potentially talking to clubs or having deals with other clubs mid season
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:40 pm

TEX07 wrote:

How could they actually prove this? I would be pretty confident that the Crows would not have requested DT find out any "secret" info from MT. I still would love to know what the info actually was.

You would think they wouldn't, no one would surely be stupid enough to have put anything in text, email etc

I think the AFL would be trying to push one of the Talia brothers to the point they break and spill the beans, that would be the only way anything would come of this
whufc
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:40 pm

I think the Crows know they don't have much bargaining power.

The convo probably went a bit like this...

Crows - "Can we have something, please?"

Cats - "Nup"

Crows - "Carrrrrnn"

Cats - "Okaaaayy. 3rd round pick"

Crows - "Nah, carrrrnnn"

Cats - "Nup, f**k ya!"

Thats how it should go anyway. Its business. Geelong should never look after another clubs interests when they can get him for free, or f**k all.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby MW » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:41 pm

Unlike the AFL to make an example of the Crows
MW
Coach