Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Ace of Spades » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:22 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Well done to Virginia to win the double. Best side all year in both grades.

Highlight of the day was sitting next to Robbo's Grandma for most of the match. One of the best supporters you will ever see, loud, passionate and not one bit abusive. Just "GO RAMS" every 5 seconds, followed by "good boy Bradley" which was fairly often given how much of the pill he had. :D

How good was the atmosphere with the team songs being played as the teams ran out for all grades. Well done on the league getting the songs recorded and well done to Balak for playing them and timing it perfectly. Added to a pretty decent day of footy.

Robbo's grandma is a gem, as is the whole family.

I caught up with them all after the game, and understandably they were all emotional.

They're genuinely great people.

Robbo seems like a good lad, the only bloke i've seen stop in the middle of a game to help stretch out the leg of an opposition player with cramp.
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby OnSong » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:37 pm

Mallala's Sad Sunday costumes certainly impressed from what I've seen.

Nathan Griffiths and Angus Bruggemann superb. Angus heading back home after quitting Sturt I hear?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:45 pm

Ace of Spades wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Well done to Virginia to win the double. Best side all year in both grades.

Highlight of the day was sitting next to Robbo's Grandma for most of the match. One of the best supporters you will ever see, loud, passionate and not one bit abusive. Just "GO RAMS" every 5 seconds, followed by "good boy Bradley" which was fairly often given how much of the pill he had. :D

How good was the atmosphere with the team songs being played as the teams ran out for all grades. Well done on the league getting the songs recorded and well done to Balak for playing them and timing it perfectly. Added to a pretty decent day of footy.

Robbo's grandma is a gem, as is the whole family.

I caught up with them all after the game, and understandably they were all emotional.

They're genuinely great people.

Robbo seems like a good lad, the only bloke i've seen stop in the middle of a game to help stretch out the leg of an opposition player with cramp.

He's a great bloke, that's for sure.

Saturday was the first Adelaide Plains game I'd ever seen, and I quite enjoyed it. The crowd was a little quieter than I expected, but the quality footy on display more than made up for it.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:38 pm

OnSong wrote:Mallala's Sad Sunday costumes certainly impressed from what I've seen.

Nathan Griffiths and Angus Bruggemann superb. Angus heading back home after quitting Sturt I hear?

Which ones were they? There were some crackers.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:47 pm

OnSong wrote:Mallala's Sad Sunday costumes certainly impressed from what I've seen.

Sunday was a good day :drinkers: :rolleyes: :vom: :goodman: Although beer tastes much better out of a large, engraved aluminium cup than a plastic one.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Bob Loblaw » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:34 pm

If Angle Vale join next year what do people think the program should look like?
If everyone plays everyone once at home and once away that's only 14 games.
If the league kept it at 16 games instead of the split round could we see two rivalry rounds?

RIVALRY 1
Two Wells vs Virginia
Balak vs HWE
United vs Mallala
Angle Vale vs Hamley

RIVALRY 2
Virginia vs Angle Vale
HWE vs United
Mallala vs Two Wells
Hamley vs Balak

16/04/16 1.1 (GF rematch etc)
23/04/16 (Or ANZAC Day) RIVALRY 1
30/04/16 1.2
7/05/16 1.3
14/05/16 1.4
21/05/16 1.5
28/05/16 1.6
4/06/16 ASSOCIATION
11/06/16 1.7
18/06/16 RIVALRY 2
25/06/16 2.1
2/07/16 ZONE
9/07/16 2.2
16/07/16 2.3
23/07/16 2.4
30/07/16 BYE
6/08/16 2.5
13/08/16 2.6
20/08/16 2.7
27/08/16 SEMI
3/09/16 SEMI
10/09/16 PRELIM
17/09/16 GF

- A bye for all clubs three weeks out from the end of minor round.
- Sunday final abolished
- Season one week shorter than 2015 (or same length if bye in first round)
Bob Loblaw
Under 18s

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:06 pm

A bye in first round is just starting a week later isnt it?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:58 pm

Why not make it 16 or 17 game season and have a top 5 finals series?
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:23 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Why not make it 16 or 17 game season and have a top 5 finals series?

How about we tell AV to get stuffed and we keep it as it is. I'd be against a Top 5 in an 8 team comp i reckon MC. In my opinion, if you finish in the bottom half of the comp after 16 minor round matches you don't deserve to play finals.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby norm11 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:26 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Why not make it 16 or 17 game season and have a top 5 finals series?

How about we tell AV to get stuffed and we keep it as it is. I'd be against a Top 5 in an 8 team comp i reckon MC. In my opinion, if you finish in the bottom half of the comp after 16 minor round matches you don't deserve to play finals.

Well I love ur gentle approach swampy. And thank you for your in put. All we did was make an enquiry in to joining. If your view is to tell us to "get stuffed" then that's fine. Are u happy with the 7 team comp?? It has it advantages and its disadvantages. I would have thought strengthening the comp would be number one.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:30 pm

norm11 wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

Well I love ur gentle approach swampy. And thank you for your in put. All we did was make an enquiry in to joining. If your view is to tell us to "get stuffed" then that's fine. Are u happy with the 7 team comp?? It has it advantages and its disadvantages. I would have thought strengthening the comp would be number one.

That is purely my opinion - admittedly it is not a very informed one! I have not seen the application from AV. It may well present a very strong case that AV can sustain long term success as both football and netball clubs in the APFL. If that is the case, then I don't have much of an issue with them joining. Personally, I like the APFL in its current form. Yes there are lots of weekends with no football during winter each year, but seriously is it really that big of an issue? Maybe ask the volunteers who work their arse off on a Friday arvo, all day Sat and Sunday mornings to ensure their clubs functions on home game day. Its one thing for the supporters who stand under the veranda and drink beer on game days to have to find something else to do, but I'm pretty sure some of the many volunteers of each club they would appreciate the extra week off (maybe i'm wrong). I realise there are concerns about Hamley Bridge, but I still think we should be bringing in a club if it cannot categorically prove it is a long term prospect for the league and it will strengthen the league in terms of the quality of football not just having another club involved, and as I said, I haven't seen/read anything to convince me that they will be, but I will be excited when I do.

Convince me norm11 :D ;)
Last edited by Swamp Donkey on Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:05 pm

Given that the Angle Vale Sporting Complex boasts soccer aswell, I wonder how they will combat screening the cars that go through the gates that are there for junior soccer which is also played on Saturday mornings?
Their soccer club is pretty big and there is currently only one entrance IIRC.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Snags » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:14 pm

I don't mind angle vale coming into our league. 8 teams will be better so your not vs the same team to what feels like every 3 weeks. The whole vs each other twice/ even amounts doesn't matter because at the moment we are vs some teams 3 times & other teams 2 times. I think make it a 18 game season with association bye, zone bye & 1 split round in the middle of the year. Leave it at 4 in the finals like swamp donkey said if you finish in the bottom half you obviously weren't good enough.
Only concerns: will angle vale be competitive at senior level? & what are they gonna do with there 100's of juniors?
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby norm11 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:03 pm

Snags wrote:I don't mind angle vale coming into our league. 8 teams will be better so your not vs the same team to what feels like every 3 weeks. The whole vs each other twice/ even amounts doesn't matter because at the moment we are vs some teams 3 times & other teams 2 times. I think make it a 18 game season with association bye, zone bye & 1 split round in the middle of the year. Leave it at 4 in the finals like swamp donkey said if you finish in the bottom half you obviously weren't good enough.
Only concerns: will angle vale be competitive at senior level? & what are they gonna do with there 100's of juniors?

We would keep some of our juniors where they are.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby OnSong » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:12 pm

Snags wrote:I don't mind angle vale coming into our league. 8 teams will be better so your not vs the same team to what feels like every 3 weeks. The whole vs each other twice/ even amounts doesn't matter because at the moment we are vs some teams 3 times & other teams 2 times. I think make it a 18 game season with association bye, zone bye & 1 split round in the middle of the year. Leave it at 4 in the finals like swamp donkey said if you finish in the bottom half you obviously weren't good enough.

18 games, plus three weeks of finals and a split round, zone bye and association bye, and Easter, we'd be starting late March, finishing end of September. **** that.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Snags » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:10 am

OnSong wrote:

18 games, plus three weeks of finals and a split round, zone bye and association bye, and Easter, we'd be starting late March, finishing end of September. **** that.

There is currently 19 rounds?(16 games, 3 byes). Wouldn't 18 games inc 1 split make it the same amount of weeks? Round 1 could be April 2nd - grand final could be 10th of September.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:08 am

Snags wrote:
OnSong wrote:

There is currently 19 rounds?(16 games, 3 byes). Wouldn't 18 games inc 1 split make it the same amount of weeks? Round 1 could be April 2nd - grand final could be 10th of September.

Point taken. Still, **** 18 games.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Officejet » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:03 pm

OnSong wrote:
Snags wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Point taken. Still, **** 18 games.

If you don't like playing footy, then don't play, easy fix.
We are the Red and Blacks
Officejet
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby OnSong » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:14 pm

I'm more so thinking of the administrative stuff, if you're involved in volunteering for a club, you're stuffed by the end of the season.

The season length is fine as it is. You get no real benefit out of playing an extra two minor round games.
OnSong
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:40 pm

OnSong wrote:I'm more so thinking of the administrative stuff, if you're involved in volunteering for a club, you're stuffed by the end of the season.

The season length is fine as it is. You get no real benefit out of playing an extra two minor round games.

Exactly onsong, easy said to arrange a season by people that drive in at 230 for 245 and drive out at 5, try helping your club two trainings a week from 5-830ish and then a Saturday from 8-6 week in/week out, easy to say don't do it but then you don't have a game to watch without Volunteers helping a club.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy