2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Postby FlyingHigh » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:40 am

Booney wrote:
RB wrote:
Booney wrote:Jarrad clearly Eagles best I thought.

Thought his disposal really let him down.

It did, however he was one of very few to put his head over it.

Was a strange performance from the Eagles, lots of players standing back waiting for someone else to do the dirty work. Nobody seemed to do anything about Schmidt or Porplyzia. Hartlett was clearly struggling with his quad yet Ainger and Wundke couldn't get into space off of him.

It's one thing to lose a GF, it's another to know you didn't give it a crack. The Eagles have got the second part to deal with.

Agree with these parts. Almost felt like 2001 and 2004.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:42 am

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:
JK wrote:I thought Boyd was the most likely Eagle to bring them back into the game, looked quite lively in the second half, but didn't have enough mates.

Out on the wings, on your own, hard to get your team back into it.

Im not a fan of the bloke, but he's been a bloody good player and I noticed him more around the stoppages in the 2nd half

Yes, the stoppages were out on the wings. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby JK » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:43 am

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:
Booney wrote:
JK wrote:I thought Boyd was the most likely Eagle to bring them back into the game, looked quite lively in the second half, but didn't have enough mates.

Out on the wings, on your own, hard to get your team back into it.

Im not a fan of the bloke, but he's been a bloody good player and I noticed him more around the stoppages in the 2nd half

Yes, the stoppages were out on the wings. ;)

Not on his own though ;)

The Eagles really looked beaten between the ears right from the get go yesterday
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby UK Fan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:50 am

Well done Bloods!!!

Mark Mickan respect.

Built the eagles.

Made the bays.

Finally the ultimate at the bloods.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:56 am

JK wrote:
The Eagles really looked beaten between the ears right from the get go yesterday

Agreed.

When the sides lined up for the first bounce I said to a mate how the Bloods looked to be bigger, both in height and bulk in the middle and across CHB/CHF....they really asserted that advantage in the early stages and the Eagles were on the back foot.

I thought during the second quarter the Eags got their game going more, but it crumbled under the pressure the Bloods put on them.

The third quarter saw the Eagles battling to hold on, the dam wall burst in the last 10 minutes of the third and I reakon it was game over then.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Blacky » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:14 am

therisingblues wrote:
Blacky wrote:i only have one thing to say
GO YOU BLOODS

To celebrate this momentous occasion, could we not reinstate Blacky's avatar for an unspecified period of time?

i still have it boys
Current image:
Maximum dimensions; width: 100 pixels, height: 100 pixels, file size: 20.51 KiB
The avatar functionality is currently DISABLED.
Blacky
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby JK » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:20 am

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

Agreed.

When the sides lined up for the first bounce I said to a mate how the Bloods looked to be bigger, both in height and bulk in the middle and across CHB/CHF....they really asserted that advantage in the early stages and the Eagles were on the back foot.

I thought during the second quarter the Eags got their game going more, but it crumbled under the pressure the Bloods put on them.

The third quarter saw the Eagles battling to hold on, the dam wall burst in the last 10 minutes of the third and I reakon it was game over then.

Yep they arm wrestled for a bit and I felt at the time any hope the Eagles had disappeared when Petrenko missed what should have been a certain goal.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:23 am

Blacky wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
Blacky wrote:i only have one thing to say
GO YOU BLOODS

To celebrate this momentous occasion, could we not reinstate Blacky's avatar for an unspecified period of time?

i still have it boys

Is there an extended version? It always seemed to stop before it reached the end.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:24 am

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

Agreed.

Yep they arm wrestled for a bit and I felt at the time any hope the Eagles had disappeared when Petrenko missed what should have been a certain goal.

Yep, and his chirping at someone in the second quarter came back to bite him on the arse. Didn't it?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby FlyingHigh » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:30 am

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

Agreed.

Yep, this was definitely the turning point, and was indicative of what you and Booney are saying about how the Eagles went about it - he could have backed himself to get away from the bigger defender and ran all the way, but looked like he didn't know what to do. And this from an experienced player who has played in some big stages, not a kid in his second game.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby JK » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:36 am

I'd probably need to see it again, but I thought at the time he was close enough and should have had the pace to virtually run into an open goal.

Never like "dumping" it on one bloke, but as you've said FH it wouldn't be unreasonable to have expected better from him in that situation.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Nearly 24 hours later and a few beers ;) I still cannot believe that we won the premiership :D :D

I was really worried just before halftime when our lads seemed to be running up and down on the one spot, thought the fresher legs of the Eagles would come through. One thing I had forgotten was our new found win at all cost attitude. Our boys were so gutsy and determined to "get the job done" which they did. I didnt relax until the 24th minute mark of the last quarter as Ive seen first hand wins turned into narrow losses. They just willed themselves to each contest. Big Webby turning Raymond inside out was a real highlight for me....love Webby.

Couple of "behind the scene" blokes that I would like to mention: Dits, JT, Bob Blacky, Mark and Lee, your efforts have been not forgotten you are all part of the premiership.

Whilst Schmidt and Porps were great, Caire, Beech and Hartlett also deserve alot of credit. Big Willitts, and Hartlett I am really happy for them the heart and soul of the team.

Thanks to those that have wished the club well, many posters over the years have paid the crap out of us. Not many Westies posters on here but we are a resilliant bunch.

If I had my wish, and West dont win it, I hope South can break the 51 year old drought next season. Ive seen two premierships now but most Southites have never seen one. C'mon South give one to your supporters.

Peace out and stay classy :D
Last edited by Brodlach on Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Scrapboy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:57 pm

Well done Westies. Hope all supporters on here soak it up and enjoy!
Scrapboy

Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby heater31 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:59 pm

Saw Hartlett return from the warm up before the bounce amazed that he played the game out and in years to come will the the Tony Burgess story of West 2015.

Whilst he didn't have top speed he still managed to get the job done on Ainger who again folded in a high pressure game. I bet the were a few South players and supporters with a wry smile last night.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby blueandwhite » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:03 pm

heater31 wrote:Saw Hartlett return from the warm up before the bounce amazed that he played the game out and in years to come will the the Tony Burgess story of West 2015.

Whilst he didn't have top speed he still managed to get the job done on Ainger who again folded in a high pressure game. I bet the were a few South players and supporters with a wry smile last night.....

:D :D :D
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby HoldenV8 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:16 pm

Scrapboy wrote:Well done Westies. Hope all supporters on here soak it up and enjoy!

After throwing away an opportunity in 1985, plus losing the GF in 1991, 2003 and 2012......this one is very VERY sweet believe me :D

1985.....while we had a very good side its debatable that we could have beaten Glenelg or North Adelaide.

1991.....we were in great form leading up to the game but when the fighting broke out, North Adelaide were the only ones still playing football and thus won the game (I was there).

2003.....I think we did well to reach the GF but even at our best that year I doubt we could have beaten Centrals then.

2012.....same as 2003. We were good, Norwood were better (again, I was there).

Yesterday was the first GF that Westies have been in during my lifetime that despite the Eagles record this year (only 2 losses), I felt confident that we were going to win. Damn it was good to watch (from the hill in front of the video screen ;) )
"21 goals 16 to 16 goals 12 and West Adelaide have won it" - Ch.7's Robert Oatey as Westies won the 1983 SANFL premiership
HoldenV8
Mini-League

Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Gepps Cross

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:05 pm

All I can say is, Westies fans, get down to the club.

One, the boys are in ripping nick at the moment. :lol:

Two, the place is empty, get down there and bloody well enjoy it, the place should be pumping!!!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Fluffbag » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:08 pm

MW wrote:32 years was too long, how good is this!

Congratulations, but waiting 32 years is easy,

Some of us are not expecting to see one in our lifetime
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Hazydog » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:13 pm

Booney wrote:All I can say is, Westies fans, get down to the club.

Two, the place is empty, get down there and bloody well enjoy it, the place should be pumping!!!

Easier said than done when the GF is on a Sunday and no public holiday on the Monday.

That Public Holiday came in VERY handy between 2000-2010 :)
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:14 pm

Hazydog wrote:
Booney wrote:All I can say is, Westies fans, get down to the club.

Easier said than done when the GF is on a Sunday and no public holiday on the Monday.

That Public Holiday came in VERY handy between 2000-2010 :)

Book a day off FFS!!! Did they not know they were in the Grand Final!?!?!?!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL