Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby stan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:12 pm

MW wrote:Driving to work this morning some nimrod was more concerned that I might want to get into his/her lane that they sped up to block the space and in doing so, failed to notice the traffic in fact had stopped in his/her lane and they smashed into the back of them at 60km/h and the last I see was his/her car careering off the road into someones fence or tree.

Its strange thing in Adelaide that for some reason letting someone in seems to be such an issue.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MW » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:13 pm

stan wrote:
MW wrote:Driving to work this morning some nimrod was more concerned that I might want to get into his/her lane that they sped up to block the space and in doing so, failed to notice the traffic in fact had stopped in his/her lane and they smashed into the back of them at 60km/h and the last I see was his/her car careering off the road into someones fence or tree.

Its strange thing in Adelaide that for some reason letting someone in seems to be such an issue.

I know. I don't feel sorry for the person who caused the big accident but do for the multiple cars that got smashed from the chain reaction and also the poor people going to work on Marion Road this morning who would have been affected.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:16 pm

even though the few times i have driven in sydney have been absolute bedlam, the drivers on the road have been awesome. maybe its clear from my driving style that i didnt know where i was going, but every time you flick on the indicator they will slow down and let you in.

not so in adelaide.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby HH3 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:21 pm

bennymacca wrote:even though the few times i have driven in sydney have been absolute bedlam, the drivers on the road have been awesome. maybe its clear from my driving style that i didnt know where i was going, but every time you flick on the indicator they will slow down and let you in.

not so in adelaide.

Yeah, I drove in Sydney for the first time last year, and it amazed me that i moved from the far left lane to the far right lane within 300m of indicating on the 3 lane freeway.

The traffic jams on the side streets were crazy though. Took me 45 minutes to get about 3kms near the airport.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:28 pm

HH3 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:even though the few times i have driven in sydney have been absolute bedlam, the drivers on the road have been awesome. maybe its clear from my driving style that i didnt know where i was going, but every time you flick on the indicator they will slow down and let you in.

not so in adelaide.

Yeah, I drove in Sydney for the first time last year, and it amazed me that i moved from the far left lane to the far right lane within 300m of indicating on the 3 lane freeway.

The traffic jams on the side streets were crazy though. Took me 45 minutes to get about 3kms near the airport.

yeah i pretty much had the same thing. took me 50 minutes to go 6km once, and that wasnt anywhere near the cbd.

I think because it is so busy they know that if they dont let you in it will cause issues. but in adelaide if they dont let you in, you can probably still wait and go behind them, so people are selfish
bennymacca
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:34 pm

MW wrote:
stan wrote:

I know. I don't feel sorry for the person who caused the big accident but do for the multiple cars that got smashed from the chain reaction and also the poor people going to work on Marion Road this morning who would have been affected.

The Mrs got caught up in that in the traffic jams.

Not happy
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby MW » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:54 pm

Put it this way, I was that close to it I had to pull over and see if I got it
MW
Coach

Postby Spangas » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:43 pm

Bruce McAvaney
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:47 pm

Spangas wrote:Bruce McAvaney

A lot of the footy programs like 360 and open mike have had footage from past grand finals going this week, and the thing that struck me was how different Bruce sounded a few years ago.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:06 pm

bennymacca wrote:

A lot of the footy programs like 360 and open mike have had footage from past grand finals going this week, and the thing that struck me was how different Bruce sounded a few years ago.

Bruce has become a little bit of a parody of himself in recent times. I think it has clearly diminished his calling ability by being drawn into the circus Richo, Hamish McLaughlin, BT and the other C7 commentators like to develop for our "entertainment".

Pity, he is still a doyen of Australian Sport, his knowledge of athletics, horse racing and Aussie Rules will never, ever be equaled.

He grew up in Mansfield Park, a mate from primary school's Mum grew up next to him. Bruce, as a little tacker, would sit on the rainwater tank stand in the back yard and call pretend horse races!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:49 pm

yeah agree with all of that.

I like when he commentates on the tennis for instance
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:12 pm

I think McAvaney's personality is legit, a friend bumped into him at the airport once and said how you going Bruce and he turned around in his over enthusiastic style and practically yelled "G'day MAAAATE!" at him.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:26 pm

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Bruce has become a little bit of a parody of himself in recent times. I think it has clearly diminished his calling ability by being drawn into the circus Richo, Hamish McLaughlin, BT and the other C7 commentators like to develop for our "entertainment".

Pity, he is still a doyen of Australian Sport, his knowledge of athletics, horse racing and Aussie Rules will never, ever be equaled.

He grew up in Mansfield Park, a mate from primary school's Mum grew up next to him. Bruce, as a little tacker, would sit on the rainwater tank stand in the back yard and call pretend horse races!

I remember sevens big league back in the day. McAvaney calling early 80's SANFL Football. No speccccciaaaaal or cleeevvvvveerrrr or the next minute and seven seconds are really crucial here bullshit. He was accurate and clear and didn't try to put Mayo on the commentary. At that stage I would have rated him the best commentator in Australia and it wasn't a surprise to see him move on to bigger things.

Speaking of 'special' the amount of love given to a spectacular but inconsistent footballer like Rioli is a dead set pain in the arse. Give me Wilbur Wilson or Flash Graham any day.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:01 pm

Cant remember where i read it but Dwayne Russell won the award for best commentator this year, I reckon thats about right, as he is one that doesnt get drawn into all of that crap like the others do
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Gozu » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:09 pm

On Dwayne Russell FWIW, a bit of talk around he's going to be doing commentary for Fox Sports on NBL games this season.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:09 pm

bennymacca wrote:Cant remember where i read it but Dwayne Russell won the award for best commentator this year, I reckon thats about right, as he is one that doesnt get drawn into all of that crap like the others do

As long as he doesn't call Port games, his bias is undeniable and he can't hide it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:14 pm

Gozu wrote:On Dwayne Russell FWIW, a bit of talk around he's going to be doing commentary for Fox Sports on NBL games this season.

Except he continually says "bends it back" when a kick goes straight through the high diddle diddle. Annoys the bejeezus out of me.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby JK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:48 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Gozu wrote:On Dwayne Russell FWIW, a bit of talk around he's going to be doing commentary for Fox Sports on NBL games this season.

Except he continually says "bends it back" when a kick goes straight through the high diddle diddle. Annoys the bejeezus out of me.

And ..... NAILS IT!!

Blokes a pain in the arse
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby MW » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:56 pm

JK wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

And ..... NAILS IT!!

And extremely fond of himself
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:58 pm

JK wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

And ..... NAILS IT!!

He's better than John Casey, when John goes to work, he's after a user friendly bounce, depending on how the guy measures up, he might get it right on the money.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion