HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby lovethefooty » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:22 am

wowee!
what a great day of hills football Saturday, and particularly for the Hahndorf football club.
3 out of 4 aint bad, and the a grade performance was nothing short of stunning!
lovethefooty
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:32 pm

cracka wrote:
Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
Legs Man wrote:
backdoor wrote:I hear you guys are struggling to keep your juniors too and are in real danger of not having enough players in some junior teams. Did giving free subs work.... Possibly not.

Should be OK with the 2 required junior grades in 2016
Free subs certainly helped and should have a knock on effect for next year
We even took our juniors to MELB - paid for by fundraising - so they could see a couple of AFL matches
Agree it is always a struggle for the smaller population clubs getting junior numbers and we are working hard to keep gaining more participants.
As a club we are continuing to build across all our grades while trying to keep our oval and facilities in the upper echelon of the HFL
Would be interesting to see how the visiting sides from Saturday found the oval and general facilities e.g parking, catering, bar, viewing etc
Feedback is good to receive as it gives us direction as to where we need to improve and focus our efforts

Actually my reading of the new HFL by-laws is that all Div 1 Clubs will be required to field all 3 junior teams from 2016.

Doesn't come into effect til the 2017 season.

Was told last night that the HFL will be enforcing this rule for 2016 and Onkaparinga Valley will remain in Div1 as a result, is this true?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby cracka » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:13 pm

cracka wrote:
Legs Man wrote:
backdoor wrote:I hear you guys are struggling to keep your juniors too and are in real danger of not having enough players in some junior teams. Did giving free subs work.... Possibly not.

We even took our juniors to MELB - paid for by fundraising - so they could see a couple of AFL matches
Agree it is always a struggle for the smaller population clubs getting junior numbers and we are working hard to keep gaining more participants.
As a club we are continuing to build across all our grades while trying to keep our oval and facilities in the upper echelon of the HFL
Would be interesting to see how the visiting sides from Saturday found the oval and general facilities e.g parking, catering, bar, viewing etc
Feedback is good to receive as it gives us direction as to where we need to improve and focus our efforts

Actually my reading of the new HFL by-laws is that all Div 1 Clubs will be required to field all 3 junior teams from 2016.

Look Good In Leather wrote:Was told last night that the HFL will be enforcing this rule for 2016 and Onkaparinga Valley will remain in Div1 as a result, is this true?

I haven't heard that. Mind you I haven't been involved as much lately with a new job keeping me from meetings.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:37 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
cracka wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

Was told last night that the HFL will be enforcing this rule for 2016 and Onkaparinga Valley will remain in Div1 as a result, is this true?

The first part is correct, the clubs discussed and voted again on the bylaw to confirm that they commence for season 2016. As a result, all clubs are required to field all 5 teams to remain in Div 1 for season 2016. This requirement will obviously test some clubs (i.e. Torrens Valley, Echunga and Uraidla), but if they can fill the 5 teams then Onkas are still in the gun to go down.

Everyone now has to wait for Kersbrook and Bridgewater to decide if they want to nominate for promotion. They have until Oct 31 to nominate, and until the AGM in December to confirm. Seems as though Onkas may not get the quick answer they're seeking.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby cracka » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:40 pm

cracka wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
cracka wrote:
Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:Actually my reading of the new HFL by-laws is that all Div 1 Clubs will be required to field all 3 junior teams from 2016.

I haven't heard that. Mind you I haven't been involved as much lately with a new job keeping me from meetings.

I think that is correct, apparently teams must fill all 3 junior sides to be in div 1 next year.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:41 pm

Whoops, didn't see Elmers post.
cracka
Veteran

Postby 19thman » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:14 pm

I didn't think any clubs wanted to go up? Kersbrook won't... Nairne can't, is where's Bridgy at?
19thman

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:50 pm

19thman wrote:I didn't think any clubs wanted to go up? Kersbrook won't... Nairne can't, is where's Bridgy at?

As I mentioned above, Bridgy have until Oct 31 to decide. No need to rush the decision, there's plenty of time to discuss with members.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Dutchy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:33 pm

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3502 times

Postby Alaska » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Dutchy wrote:Image

Going home from golf in your chopper Dutchy?
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby lovethefooty » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:09 am

its trade week in the afl and it seems only fitting that we start to discuss the silly season here too.
anyone heard of any recruits, signings or rumors????

and on a related topic, what does your team need to bolster its ranks??
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby SecretInformant » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:31 am

lovethefooty wrote:its trade week in the afl and it seems only fitting that we start to discuss the silly season here too.
anyone heard of any recruits, signings or rumors????

and on a related topic, what does your team need to bolster its ranks??

Definitely not as exciting as the AFL with its trade winds. I'd say a simple search of clubs Facebook pages/websites would be the best way to stay updated I reckon. A simple search of them at the moment shows:

Hahndorf: Seem to still be basking in their premiership glory, and also have had their best and fairest count. Nothing on recruits yet. If they keep the playing list, they’ll be a good chance of creating a dynasty like Uraidla have done.

Uraidla: Just reached 500 likes on their pages. Not much other action. Probably back working on the cabbage patch. They’ll be around the mark again next season whatever they do in the off season.

Echunga: No updated since they lost the Prelim final, maybe they’re still at the pub drowning the sorrows. If I was recruiting for them, I’d be worrying if they’re going to have the same coach, if they have enough juniors and maybe signing another big man to help Cranna and the defense out.

Torrens Valley: Have their B&F coming up at the town hall and are looking to confirm attendees. Not many likes on the post. I’d be desperately recruiting juniors and a club if I was them.

Lobethal: Had the best and fairest, nothing on recruits. If I was recruiting I would be looking for key defenders to play on the power forwards of opposition clubs. Would say they are under achieving at this moment as they have a very good midfield.

Mt Barker: Can’t find their page. Looked on their website. Nothing either. Pretty bad for the biggest club in the competition. No doubt they’ll add a quality recruit or two over the off season.

Blackwood: Reappointed coach Salievic and have their best and fairest coming up this Friday. No signings yet. I would be looking for quality forwards (both tall and small) if I was recruiting.

Ironbank: Already seem to be very active, replacing Jarman with Eddie Hocking. Also have Ben Yeomans and Geoff Munn returning (I am guessing they maybe 0 point players which would be handy for them as they were playing under 17’s last season). Hopefully they aren’t spending the money on them and are looking at cleaning up the away changerooms. THEY WERE A DISGRACE LAST SEASON. Heard a story that there was RAT DROPPINGS IN THE TOILET when a particular club played there last season. Absolutely disgusting stuff!!!! Also we had to warm up on the road around the oval as there was no grass to warm up on.

Mt Lofty: B&F coming up this weekend. Nothing on recruits yet although I’ve heard some whispers they are trying to get some big names. I would be looking at adding depth at both ends of the grounds.

Onkas: No sure if mentioned, but MaGahey is out after one season riddled with injury. Seems abit unlucky at clubs after moving from Birdwood, to Ironbank to Onkas. Where will he be next? Nobody knows. They've signed James Moore, will be bring anyone with him? They've already lost Kirwan back to Norwood. Recruiting wise, quality players in all posts are required to guide the younger players they have. More importantly, will they still be in the central division competition?

Bridgewater: Added them into this summary as they maybe back next season. Had the B&F count and by all reports going to Div 2 was good for the club as they finally won some games as a club. But do they feel they belong in Div 1? We'll have to wait and see. They would need to add quality talls to the squad to be competitive in Div 1.
SecretInformant

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Corona Man » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:38 am

lovethefooty wrote:wowee!
what a great day of hills football Saturday, and particularly for the Hahndorf football club.
3 out of 4 aint bad, and the a grade performance was nothing short of stunning!

Going by a letter to the editor in today's Courier, it appears not all the Hahndorf "folk" are as happy as you LTF....
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby lovethefooty » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:56 am

pretty disappointing if true corona.

have all the clubs had their best and fairest counts now??

any rumors on player movement??
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby RooShootOhh » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:44 pm

Dutchy wrote:Image

I dont like that the GF venue has the centre circle so close to one wing....
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:40 pm

At Uraidla is it true Sutherland resigned and Ivens taken over?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Sniper » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:39 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:At Uraidla is it true Sutherland resigned and Ivens taken over?

Sutherland advised Uraidla in Oct 2014 that season 2015 would be his last. This provided Uraidla with plenty of time to source a new coach (as opposed to placing an ad in the paper at the end of season 2015).

Not surprised if Ivens appointed as new coach as played a very active assistant role in 2015.
Sniper
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

Postby rock » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:27 pm

Did Onkas do any homework on James Moore? A phone call perhaps to Meningie might have helped. I hear he might have sold Onkas a story that was slightly different than the truth. Good luck.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby cracka » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:42 am

rock wrote:Did Onkas do any homework on James Moore? A phone call perhaps to Meningie might have helped. I hear he might have sold Onkas a story that was slightly different than the truth. Good luck.

Care to elaborate
cracka
Veteran

Postby rock » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:15 am

cracka wrote:
rock wrote:Did Onkas do any homework on James Moore? A phone call perhaps to Meningie might have helped. I hear he might have sold Onkas a story that was slightly different than the truth. Good luck.

Care to elaborate

I know of another club who interviewed him and then did their homework after by making a few calls. Turns out some things that were promised by James were never going to come to fruition. Also some untruths were told to sell himself to the club. Sounds like Onkas bought the story though, so good luck.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy