2016 gradings

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: 2016 gradings

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:15 pm

The Ash Man wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Q. wrote:
jo172 wrote:Word on the street is Edwardstown have indicated an intent to request affiliation with the SAAFL.

Any further news regarding this?

A certain easterly club is hitting the phones in an attempt not to get relegated ...

Starts with a H?

Why do we feel the need to tiptoe around these things?

It didn't take a rocket scientist to work out, they're one of 4 eastern clubs the only only relgated club within the new grading zone. :roll:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby zedman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:21 pm

Q. wrote:Okay, so Edwardstown is a 100% lock?

the clubs have to vote them in still..i wouldnt say thats over the line yet..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:26 pm

zedman wrote:

Surely the clubs will vote yes? It's better for the league with them in.. as long as they don't go running away again in a couple years time!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby zedman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:45 pm

Zartan wrote:
zedman wrote:

Surely the clubs will vote yes? It's better for the league with them in.. as long as they don't go running away again in a couple years time!

zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:54 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Q. wrote:
Any further news regarding this?

A certain easterly club is hitting the phones in an attempt not to get relegated ...

Starts with a H?

Why do we feel the need to tiptoe around these things?

It didn't take a rocket scientist to work out, they're one of 4 eastern clubs the only only relgated club within the new grading zone. :roll:

Because we've got 6 months to kill?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby oldman » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:23 pm

Can someone please post the proposed divisions for 2016? Who will be playing in what grade, surely this should be confirmed by now as how can a club try to recruit players if they don't know what grade they will be playing in!!
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:34 pm

oldman wrote:Can someone please post the proposed divisions for 2016? Who will be playing in what grade, surely this should be confirmed by now as how can a club try to recruit players if they don't know what grade they will be playing in!!

not Confirmed..
DIV 1 - TTG, Goodwood, Henley, PNU, ROCS, Pt District, Adel Uni, Salis Nth, Unley, PAOC
DIV 2 - SHOC, Portland, Gaza, Modbury, Scotch, SPOC, Broadview, SMOSH, PHOS, Old Ig
DIV 3 - Walkerville, Gepps, Athelstone, Grove, Pembroke, Flinders Pk, Plympton, Edwardstown, Kilburn, Salisbury
DIV 4 - Mitcham, Seaton, Nth Haven, EP, Pooraka, Westminster, Kenilworth, Hope Valley, CLG, Para Hills
DIV 5 - Hectorville, Glenunga, Blackfriars, Elizabeth, CBCOC, Rosewater, Greenacres, Pulteney, Smithfield, Lockleys
DIV 6 - Adel Lutheran, Woody Sth, West Croydon, Trinity, Fitzroy, Ingle Farm, Mawson Lakes, Brahma Lodge, Mitchell Pk,Houghton
DIV 7 - Central United, Adel Uni, St Pauls, Angle Vale, Salisbury West, Flinders Uni, PAOC, Unley, TTG, Golden Grove
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby S Demon » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:58 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
oldman wrote:Can someone please post the proposed divisions for 2016? Who will be playing in what grade, surely this should be confirmed by now as how can a club try to recruit players if they don't know what grade they will be playing in!!

not Confirmed..
DIV 1 - TTG, Goodwood, Henley, PNU, ROCS, Pt District, Adel Uni, Salis Nth, Unley, PAOC
DIV 2 - SHOC, Portland, Gaza, Modbury, Scotch, SPOC, Broadview, SMOSH, PHOS, Old Ig
DIV 3 - Walkerville, Gepps, Athelstone, Grove, Pembroke, Flinders Pk, Plympton, Edwardstown, Kilburn, Salisbury
DIV 4 - Mitcham, Seaton, Nth Haven, EP, Pooraka, Westminster, Kenilworth, Hope Valley, CLG, Para Hills
DIV 5 - Hectorville, Glenunga, Blackfriars, Elizabeth, CBCOC, Rosewater, Greenacres, Pulteney, Smithfield, Lockleys
DIV 6 - Adel Lutheran, Woody Sth, West Croydon, Trinity, Fitzroy, Ingle Farm, Mawson Lakes, Brahma Lodge, Mitchell Pk,Houghton
DIV 7 - Central United, Adel Uni, St Pauls, Angle Vale, Salisbury West, Flinders Uni, PAOC, Unley, TTG, Golden Grove

I thought it was:
DIV 3 - Walkerville, Gepps, Athelstone, Grove, Pembroke, Flinders Pk, Plympton, Kilburn, Mitcham Edwardstown/Salisbury
DIV 4 - Seaton, Nth Haven, EP, Pooraka, Westminster, Kenilworth, Hope Valley, CLG, Para Hills, Edwardstown/Salisbury
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Q. » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:00 pm

That's the strongest D1-D7 the league has had for some time.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:35 am

S Demon wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

not Confirmed..

I thought it was:
DIV 3 - Walkerville, Gepps, Athelstone, Grove, Pembroke, Flinders Pk, Plympton, Kilburn, Mitcham Edwardstown/Salisbury
DIV 4 - Seaton, Nth Haven, EP, Pooraka, Westminster, Kenilworth, Hope Valley, CLG, Para Hills, Edwardstown/Salisbury

I was just making it up
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby beef » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:56 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
S Demon wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

not Confirmed..

I thought it was:

I was just making it up

Eastern Park would want salisbury in div 4. Bad going to Westminster / Kenilworth / CLG & Edwardstown
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:14 am

Jeez, Div 4 sucks travel wise next year.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby am Bays » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:24 am

Footy Chick wrote:Jeez, Div 4 sucks travel wise next year.

Boo Hoo, 45 -60 mins of traveling

Try doing what country footballers do - Nhill to Ararat 160 km!!!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:32 am

am Bays wrote:

It's not country football, it's metropolitan football
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:50 am

am Bays wrote:

I used to do it, when I trained with United @am Bays ! Never minded the country drive though.

Considering it takes the same amount of time to get from Hope Valley to CLG or Kenilworth, as it does to get from Horsham to Ararat, that's why it's crap.

Footy Chick

Postby jo172 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:14 am

Footy Chick wrote:
am Bays wrote:

I used to do it, when I trained with United @am Bays ! Never minded the country drive though.

Considering it takes the same amount of time to get from Hope Valley to CLG or Kenilworth, as it does to get from Horsham to Ararat, that's why it's crap.

C4 a few years ago had Trinity OS in the same grade as Mitchell Park and Flinders Uni.

That thing between those clubs is what most of us refer to as metropolitan Adelaide
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby TEX07 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:27 am

Mr Beefy wrote:

not Confirmed..

Would div7 still be like the C and D grade comps ie 25 players you think? Originally I was happy with the bigger bench but it does make it hard to get players on the park, might open up a 5th side for a few clubs maybe?
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Q. » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:30 am

TEX07 wrote:Would div7 still be like the C and D grade comps ie 25 players you think? Originally I was happy with the bigger bench but it does make it hard to get players on the park, might open up a 5th side for a few clubs maybe?

I'm sure that would be up for discussion.

Perhaps 21-man D7 teams and 25-man D7R teams would be the way to go.
Q.
Coach

Postby TEX07 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:46 am

Q. wrote:
TEX07 wrote:Would div7 still be like the C and D grade comps ie 25 players you think? Originally I was happy with the bigger bench but it does make it hard to get players on the park, might open up a 5th side for a few clubs maybe?

Thats a good idea - we had players play in D8 that got stuff all game time so when D8 was being selected during the season they were taking up guys from our D8R bench to not weaken the D grade for a guy who was sitting on the pine
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Q. » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:50 am

TEX07 wrote:
Q. wrote:

Thats a good idea - we had players play in D8 that got stuff all game time so when D8 was being selected during the season they were taking up guys from our D8R bench to not weaken the D grade for a guy who was sitting on the pine

Would you be happy for 25-man teams to apply to all teams in D7R, whether they be a B-Grade or D-Grade?
Q.
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League