Yorke Peninsula League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Postby test » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:54 pm

Officejet wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:I hear big Bear Trevillian has been hitting the clen hard and will be the best big bodied midfielder on the peninsula next year.

Didn't Trevillian leave Wallaroo mid season for Gepps x or Greenacres.

Greenacres wishes, they applied for a permit without his knowledge, about the only way they can recruit players these days!
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby On The Chest » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:31 am

Slowey wrote:
Nocyrils wrote:Norsworthy and maybe harradine to Moonta apparently

Surely not Norsworthy :evil:
Harradine was a Moonta Jnr wasn't he?
Dogs breakfast Or Test can you confirm this?

Harradine played colts at Cougars, Ardrossan and possibly Moonta.
As a senior, he will go where he can get the best coin.
On The Chest
Under 16s

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:57 am

Big call by Norsworthy to change clubs in the same league.Can only assume that he is Moontas marque player as u wouldnt change clubs in the same league for $500. We have learnt over the years that the Moonta football club are an honest fine upstanding club so i feel good knowing that they would be playing by the new rules!
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby countryfootyfan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:18 pm

Dogs Breakfast wrote:Big call by Norsworthy to change clubs in the same league.Can only assume that he is Moontas marque player as u wouldnt change clubs in the same league for $500. We have learnt over the years that the Moonta football club are an honest fine upstanding club so i feel good knowing that they would be playing by the new rules!

Greenbank wouldn't be there for $300 next year if northsworthy is their marquee man!!!
countryfootyfan
Under 18s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:22 pm

countryfootyfan wrote:
Dogs Breakfast wrote:Big call by Norsworthy to change clubs in the same league.Can only assume that he is Moontas marque player as u wouldnt change clubs in the same league for $500. We have learnt over the years that the Moonta football club are an honest fine upstanding club so i feel good knowing that they would be playing by the new rules!

Greenbank wouldn't be there for $300 next year if northsworthy is their marquee man!!!

Does Norswortjhy qualify as a marquee player? How many league games did he play?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Old_mate21 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:21 pm

I think Norsworthy changing clubs wouldn't be about the money. At least I guess some of the loacal supporters will be happy they got their wish. Norsworthy would only change for two reasons culture or success which Moonta would be ahead of Wallaroo on both fronts.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby stevecgull » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:40 pm

Correct Ol Mate they got their wish and I,m hearing not fault of outgoing board,new regime may faulter
stevecgull

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Old_mate21 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:45 pm

Out going board did a fantastic job under some very difficult circumstances from what I hear. New board is going to be in a for rude awakening. Until supporters learn to embrace town based players the club will continue to struggle.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Bag & Sledge » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:53 pm

countryfootyfan wrote:

I heard Greenbank will play for nothing like Ramsey did this year, so this will allow Greenbank to be a Zero Point player in 2016 too and confirm Moonta to be the early Premiership favourites under the guidance of new coach Josh Ramsey.

In relation to Norsworthy leaving, I'm sure the new brains trust at Wallaroo have already earmarked one of their 'quality' under 17's to replace Norsa in the A's so no real loss for those delusional enough to believe their beloved Under 17's players will bring success to the Dogs anytime soon.
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times

Postby Officejet » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:12 pm

Sounds like a Nasty Ruckus :roll:
We are the Red and Blacks
Officejet
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:14 pm

Bag & Sledge wrote:
countryfootyfan wrote:

I heard Greenbank will play for nothing like Ramsey did this year, so this will allow Greenbank to be a Zero Point player in 2016 too and confirm Moonta to be the early Premiership favourites under the guidance of new coach Josh Ramsey.

In relation to Norsworthy leaving, I'm sure the new brains trust at Wallaroo have already earmarked one of their 'quality' under 17's to replace Norsa in the A's so no real loss for those delusional enough to believe their beloved Under 17's players will bring success to the Dogs anytime soon.

Are you staying at Wallaroo Bag & Sledge?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stevecgull » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:33 pm

maybe Pasky have the u17 cattle to continue success didn't see too much at the kennel to get excited about.moonta next mob to have dynasty excellent people coming on board tonight
stevecgull

Been liked: 0 time

Postby countryfootyfan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:02 pm

stevecgull wrote:maybe Pasky have the u17 cattle to continue success didn't see too much at the kennel to get excited about.moonta next mob to have dynasty excellent people coming on board tonight

Moonta already have a dynasty!! Ol being the best team all year and but not when it counts!!
countryfootyfan
Under 18s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Officejet » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:25 pm

Bag & Sledge wrote:
countryfootyfan wrote:

The word at the Exchange tonight was that a few A Grade locals want to leave because of the Delusional Dads. If true, where can they go with point restrictions for clubs, Pretty crap if they don't play at all, so come to the Bloods B's if they want.
We are the Red and Blacks
Officejet
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Mr Beefy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:08 am

Bag & Sledge wrote:
countryfootyfan wrote:

how does playing for nothing make someone a zero point player?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Bag & Sledge » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:25 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
Bag & Sledge wrote:
countryfootyfan wrote:

how does playing for nothing make someone a zero point player?

The YPFL made up a ridiculous rule that if after one season playing on the YP and you live in the area and say you receive no money to play then you can become a zero point player!
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times

Postby carey » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:00 pm

More talk about Craig Taylor please.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:40 pm

Our league is hopeless! No balls to make decisions but make stupid rules so the same team as years go by rort the system. This same club is loading up again and will be able to fit all these blokes in for $4000 a week. Who is going to police this ?
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Postby oyster » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:35 am

Dogs Breakfast wrote:Our league is hopeless! No balls to make decisions but make stupid rules so the same team as years go by rort the system. This same club is loading up again and will be able to fit all these blokes in for $4000 a week. Who is going to police this ?

Not to worry. Half the country clubs I know are just doing as they please and no one gives a toss about the new rules. No one will police the salary cap that's right. Players from our club will just go around to his sponsor who gives him a brown bag. Dead easy. Not many clubs are going to abide by these silly rules. Those who do will only do it for 1 year before they realise the other clubs are doing as they please and winning flags and then they'll do the exactly the same. Propping up a few sh&tty city comps with the Ressies and ammos. Reserves footy is really rank and a group of us went to the city for the top grade ammo grandy this year. That was just snot
oyster
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:21 pm

You are dead right there Oyster. The same clubs that have done it previously will do it again. We are only doing it to benifit saafl and sanfl. Get rid of some Amateur clubs. There is way too many! As for ressies footy it a terrible standard!
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy