29%
Trinity OS
3%
West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby Footballcanbecruel » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:31 pm

Old_mate21 wrote:Fitzroy community Club moved Nelson on for a number of reasons. Penrose and O'reilly quit because they didn't think they could work with the V/P. Too much of a mates club when they were all there. The club will be able to move forward now.

Be very careful about dis-crediting people when you don't know the circumstances. Are you suggesting that the coaching staff was incompetent due to being involved is the "mates club"
Footballcanbecruel
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby Old_mate21 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:41 pm

Where did I discredit anyone? From what I have heard there was a definite mates club feel around the place. Is it not the reason they moved on? Or in protest over Nelson being moved on?
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Footballcanbecruel » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:55 pm

Old_mate21 wrote:Where did I discredit anyone? From what I have heard there was a definite mates club feel around the place. Is it not the reason they moved on? Or in protest over Nelson being moved on?

How it reads is you are suggesting that the coaching staff were contributing the mates culture and potentially not getting the job done?
The playing group has been told it is a combination of factors. It revolves around the Dave Nelson issue and how it was handled, But a major contributing factor was the coach and his staff are mentally exhausted from the issues surrounding the club's committee and didn't feel they were equipped to lead the team to success in the current environment. I believe both parties thanked each other and moved on. The coach has contacted every player explaining this exact reason. I also believe Penrose will still be around the club, unknown on Orielly. Unknown on a lot of player is my mail, let's hope not.
Footballcanbecruel
Mini-League

Postby Old_mate21 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:37 pm

What I have been told is there has been a mates culture around the club for numerous years. The club was in div 4 roughly five years ago nearly got promotion and now is lagging in div 6 and by all reports still a fair way off. The club probably needs a clean out and some new faces with new ideas.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Postby Footballcanbecruel » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:42 pm

Old_mate21 wrote:What I have been told is there has been a mates culture around the club for numerous years. The club was in div 4 roughly five years ago nearly got promotion and now is lagging in div 6 and by all reports still a fair way off. The club probably needs a clean out and some new faces with new ideas.

Penrose appointed this year, Orielly coached 16s and 18s in previous years, and came on board to coaching staff on seniors this year, and only played for two years at the club. 8 under 18 players played a grade. Other years probably true but get your facts right before you make off the cuff comments about coaches, and presidents for that matter.
Footballcanbecruel
Mini-League

Postby Old_mate21 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:53 pm

Wasn't penrose assistant last year though and has coached at the club previously? What does the u18's playing A grade have to do with my comments? The club was a long way off a flag this year and it will struggle to improve next year. Maybe that's why they left, jumped ship before it sank. What it sounds like is that you are happy to keep leadership in place regardless of results. Nelson has been president for a long time and the club isn't going anywhere.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Postby Footballcanbecruel » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:05 pm

Old_mate21 wrote:Wasn't penrose assistant last year though and has coached at the club previously? What does the u18's playing A grade have to do with my comments? The club was a long way off a flag this year and it will struggle to improve next year. Maybe that's why they left, jumped ship before it sank. What it sounds like is that you are happy to keep leadership in place regardless of results. Nelson has been president for a long time and the club isn't going anywhere.

Penrose coached last premiership in div 5 and coached to prelim final in div 4. Left then came back to help out last year. Took role on this year because coach was unable to continue due to work commitments. The Roy's finished 5th this year, losing elimination by 4 points with 5 under 18s in the side (whilst still having a competitive under 18 side), my point is that I think that progress was happening this year for sure. I'm not making comment on the decision to get sack David, I'm not on committee. I'm defending the fact that the on field was progressing. Warranted that the Roy's were a fair way off the top 3. I hope the Roy's improve next year.
Footballcanbecruel
Mini-League

Postby Old_mate21 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:13 pm

So on field is progressing but yet the coach and best and fairest quit because they cant work with the new committee which would only have one different member from this year. Doesn't sound like a legit reason.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Postby Footballcanbecruel » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:22 pm

Old_mate21 wrote:So on field is progressing but yet the coach and best and fairest quit because they cant work with the new committee which would only have one different member from this year. Doesn't sound like a legit reason.

The reasons given to the players were already stated in previous post. It's a sad outcome. Let's just leave it that.
Footballcanbecruel
Mini-League

Postby Old_mate21 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:29 pm

They are pretty poor reasons though. Weren't they talking about winning premierships at the B and F and then a few weeks later they quit. Sounds like they were sooking from an outsiders perspective.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Postby Footballcanbecruel » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:32 pm

[quote="Old_mate21"]They are pretty poor reasons though. Weren't they talking about winning premierships at the B and F and then a few weeks later they quit. Sounds like they were sooking from an outsiders perspective

If you are that concerned about I'm sure there are ways to ring them and talk to them.
Footballcanbecruel
Mini-League

Postby Old_mate21 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:38 pm

Im not concerned. I would be more concerned if I were the guys who are leaving the club for pretty piss poor reasons.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:45 pm

Well that escalated quickly hahaha!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:14 am

Zartan wrote:Well that escalated quickly hahaha!

Yeh into typical he said she said dribble.
Go pick up the disgruntled players left down there Zartan.
Farms could do with a few new recruits.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Old_mate21 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:36 am

It's not the players that are disgruntled it was the coaching staff because they didn't get their way. If they were all about the club they would have found a way to make things work with the new committee. They didn't even try.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Postby Footballcanbecruel » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:14 am

Old_mate21 wrote:It's not the players that are disgruntled it was the coaching staff because they didn't get their way. If they were all about the club they would have found a way to make things work with the new committee. They didn't even try.

So now your saying the committee is new? I thought there was only one change? Do you have any facts that the coaching staff worked well with the committee last year? I have also heard there is other announcements about 2 or 3 others leaving the committee. Potentially important role players.
Footballcanbecruel
Mini-League

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:21 am

mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Old_mate21 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:43 am

I know the coach didn't respect the V/P and refused to work with him in relation to certain matters. So you can honestly say them leaving had nothing to do with the relationship to the V/P? You should be able to give us some clarity being from the sane grassroots team as O'reilly?
Old_mate21
Rookie

Postby test » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:13 am

Footballcanbecruel getting pounded into submission here
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby Footballcanbecruel » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:32 am

Old_mate21 wrote:I know the coach didn't respect the V/P and refused to work with him in relation to certain matters. So you can honestly say them leaving had nothing to do with the relationship to the V/P? You should be able to give us some clarity being from the sane grassroots team as O'reilly?

I'm unable to give clarity because I don't have the facts. My point was that of the coaching staff already had issues with the football directive/the committee it is probably a good thing for the club that they part ways. Especially if the relationship had worsened. In my opinion it would be selfish to stay on if the relationship were fractured for whatever reason don't you? I know the players are banding together and there is every chance they may not lose any due to some hard work by certain people.
Footballcanbecruel
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League