SANFL restructuring Junior footy in Metro Area?

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: SANFL restructuring Junior footy in Metro Area?

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:33 pm

twobob wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:I guess one positive out of this is that we will no longer have to risk our players in the meaningless Country Football Championships as we are now considered a "Metropolitan" league

doesn't this restructure only concern SFL juniors and your seniors would still come under the country banner

Either we are a Country League or a Metropolitan League. What is more important to the SANFL, breaking up our league, or having us play in a lightning carnival?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:26 am

Could never understand how the Southern League could be considered a Country League???? with all those clubs right in the middle of the Metro area.
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:38 am

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Could never understand how the Southern League could be considered a Country League???? with all those clubs right in the middle of the Metro area.

Yeah, a bit like Hills FL & BLGFA
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby shoe boy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:40 am

Interesting and informative evening .

This will give an opportunity to the executive of the SFL to show leadership and guidance for the SFL in the future with direction of WHO wants to be involved in a competition that does not reflect SAAFL.

Or I will put it this way , if it looks like an SAAFL side well go and play in it!

The interesting point was the umps, who under the SANFL proposal would be under paid , thus would require more funds :shock: WELL LADS HOW ABOUT A BASIC STANDARD ,IE JUST THROW THE BALL TO A RUCK CONTEST!!! would be a base to start from. $-)

Another observation was who positioned themselves at the SANFL table? THE IRONY. :-?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby afc9798 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:40 am

shoe boy wrote:Interesting and informative evening .

This will give an opportunity to the executive of the SFL to show leadership and guidance for the SFL in the future with direction of WHO wants to be involved in a competition that does not reflect SAAFL.

Or I will put it this way , if it looks like an SAAFL side well go and play in it!

The interesting point was the umps, who under the SANFL proposal would be under paid , thus would require more funds :shock: WELL LADS HOW ABOUT A BASIC STANDARD ,IE JUST THROW THE BALL TO A RUCK CONTEST!!! would be a base to start from. $-)

Another observation was who positioned themselves at the SANFL table? THE IRONY. :-?

Tell us more. Was there shades of maroon and lilac present at the SANFL table?
If anyone who posts here was at the meeting, would be really interested in some info on the meeting and if there was significant push back from SFL clubs present. I have looked through the presentations, removed the waffle and still cannot see a single benefit to the SFL clubs by going down this track. The only clubs that would benefit are those who cannot meet the commitment to Saturday junior sides.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:34 am

No attendance by Edwardstown, assume that's done and dusted
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby 1919 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:55 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:No attendance by Edwardstown, assume that's done and dusted

I don't know the answer to that but a couple of possibilities for non attendance by EFC:
1. No juniors currently in SFL and therefore no invite to EFC to begin with?
2. If EJSC are consider EFC juniors, given they are in MSJFL could be EFC got all the info they require from the MSJFL presentations?
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:55 am

My spies tell me that Edwardstown have formally advised the SFL that they have made application to join the SAAFL in 2016. The word is they will be placed in Div 3 or Div 4 subject to consultation with affected clubs in those Divisions.

On the SANFL junior stuff. SFL clubs need to concede that they play in a metropolitan competition and whether we like it or not, SFL junior footy could be left to hang out and dry if the SFL if the new SANFL governance and admin model is not included. It appears - at least in the short term - that Saturday juniors consisting of current SFL clubs will be supported by the SANFL. But that shouldn't be excluded from the umbrella of the SANFL proposal rather than being limited to Sunday only comps.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Luke15 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:16 pm

If the SFL do not make a stand for the betterment of their league and knock this proposal on the head then they are a complete bunch of f##kheads.

Only clubs this benefits are Sunday Junior sides only, M/Park, Lonsdale, Edwardstown. Which is a complete joke, why pander to the minority and clubs that struggle and then make the clubs doing the right things suffer.

Moving all Juniors to a Sunday will ruin the fabric of local footy and i believe we will lose A LOT of kids to footy.

What a joke. Maroon coats grow balls and tell the SANFL to get stuffed
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:36 pm

Luke15 wrote:If the SFL do not make a stand for the betterment of their league and knock this proposal on the head then they are a complete bunch of f##kheads.

Only clubs this benefits are Sunday Junior sides only, M/Park, Lonsdale, Edwardstown. Which is a complete joke, why pander to the minority and clubs that struggle and then make the clubs doing the right things suffer.

Moving all Juniors to a Sunday will ruin the fabric of local footy and i believe we will lose A LOT of kids to footy.

not sure if it's been mentioned but will they move the U/18's to Sundays as well?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:19 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Luke15 wrote:If the SFL do not make a stand for the betterment of their league and knock this proposal on the head then they are a complete bunch of f##kheads.

not sure if it's been mentioned but will they move the U/18's to Sundays as well?

No
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby qwerty » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:23 am

There was an article in the Messenger this week in relation to this topic and Craig Warman stated that there was no benefit of this system to the SFl and other comments suggesting the SFL were strongly opposed to the idea.
qwerty
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby shoe boy » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:29 am

qwerty wrote:There was an article in the Messenger this week in relation to this topic and Craig Warman stated that there was no benefit of this system to the SFl and other comments suggesting the SFL were strongly opposed to the idea.

DO SOMETHING !!
This is an opportunity to take control!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:34 am

qwerty wrote:There was an article in the Messenger this week in relation to this topic and Craig Warman stated that there was no benefit of this system to the SFl and other comments suggesting the SFL were strongly opposed to the idea.

"We've been given a dirty great big bone with no meat, no gravy and no vegetables" - C Warman
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby shoe boy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:22 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:

"We've been given a dirty great big bone with no meat, no gravy and no vegetables" - C Warman

There are two primary choices in life : to accept conditions as they exist , or accept the responsibility for changing them.

"where there is no vision there is no hope"
Just some thoughts to ponder ;)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby 1919 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:31 pm

Down the Hill wrote:My spies tell me that Edwardstown have formally advised the SFL that they have made application to join the SAAFL in 2016. The word is they will be placed in Div 3 or Div 4 subject to consultation with affected clubs in those Divisions.

I'm personally disappointed to read that, another disruption to Townies path and loss of some recently rekindled rivaries and newly established rivaries with clubs in SFL. Hopefully they can perform well over a number of seasons, claw their way to Div 1 and reclaim their reputation of yesteryear. FHFC is my closest SFL club, will be where I watch my footy from now on.

DTH, is it possible the restructure of junior footy will impact in terms of league of choice for BDOS given rumour had it at the time that it was the vote of the junior contingent that kept your club in SFL rather than defect to SAAFL just a few years ago?
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:38 pm

1919 wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:My spies tell me that Edwardstown have formally advised the SFL that they have made application to join the SAAFL in 2016. The word is they will be placed in Div 3 or Div 4 subject to consultation with affected clubs in those Divisions.

I'm personally disappointed to read that, another disruption to Townies path and loss of some recently rekindled rivaries and newly established rivaries with clubs in SFL. Hopefully they can perform well over a number of seasons, claw their way to Div 1 and reclaim their reputation of yesteryear. FHFC is my closest SFL club, will be where I watch my footy from now on.

DTH, is it possible the restructure of junior footy will impact in terms of league of choice for BDOS given rumour had it at the time that it was the vote of the junior contingent that kept your club in SFL rather than defect to SAAFL just a few years ago?

It was a broad cross-section of the club that were keen to explore either - moving seniors to the SAAFL which would automatically move the juniors to Metro South or keen to move juniors to Metro South which would mean having the seniors join the SAAFL. The decision not to change was also from a broad cross-section.

At senior level, the SFL is not too broken at the moment although the depth of some clubs means the B grade comp is a bit of a worry. 4 or 5 clubs have several blokes over 40 or kids running around in their B grade in recent seasons. There are issues with juniors, but that is more about how many clubs can fulfill the ideal expectation of fielding 3 Saturday junior teams. The competitiveness of matches between the better 6 or 7 teams in each Saturday junior grade is still very good.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Dutchy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:58 pm

Amazing in a couple of years how the HFL and SAAFL have had more problems than the SFL, not saying all is rosie in the SFL but shows how quick comps can deteriorate.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:20 pm

What does this comment mean? ^
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:51 pm

So how many SFL clubs put in a register of interest in the new SANFL junior comp
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL