Hawthorn 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Hawthorn 2015

Postby Brodlach » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:56 pm

daysofourlives wrote:No doubt just another dirty slapper wanting her 15 mins of fame and trying to exploit a few dollars

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby jakovasaurus » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:58 pm

daysofourlives wrote:No doubt just another dirty slapper wanting her 15 mins of fame and trying to exploit a few dollars

You're such a terrible human.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby RustyCage » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:11 pm

Or maybe something happened.

Either way we won't know until after the investigation. Until then they deserve to be treated as innocent just in the same way the female involved deserves to not have her own character assassinated
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:19 pm

RustyCage wrote:

Either way we won't know until after the investigation. Until then they deserve to be treated as innocent just in the same way the female involved deserves to not have her own character assassinated

Fair enough but the likelihood of both parties being treated fairly are slim
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:26 pm

jakovasaurus wrote:

You're such a terrible human.

And you think your opinion matters to me how?
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby stan » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:25 am

daysofourlives wrote:
RustyCage wrote:

Fair enough but the likelihood of both parties being treated fairly are slim

In the media they always are but in the end we have no idea what happened so its hard to pass judgment on either parties.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MJ_23 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:14 am

Terrible thing to say.
MJ_23
Under 16s

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Tumby Bay

Postby whufc » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:16 am

MJ_23 wrote:

Terrible thing to say.

Unfortunately he might be right though

I don't believe the full truth ever really comes out in these scenarios

The footballers have to much to lose and lots of people around to support and assist them, the girls end up having lots to gain as well and generally have very little support and normally it becomes a she said he said with very little hard core evidence
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Mr Beefy » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:59 am

So thats ok to call her a dirty slapper, why not call the hawthorn player an alleged rapist?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby MJ_23 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:03 pm

whufc wrote:
MJ_23 wrote:

Terrible thing to say.

Unfortunately he might be right though

I don't believe the full truth ever really comes out in these scenarios

The footballers have to much to lose and lots of people around to support and assist them, the girls end up having lots to gain as well and generally have very little support and normally it becomes a she said he said with very little hard core evidence

And he could be wrong! It's a slippery slope starting to call people dirty slappers because of the accusation.
MJ_23
Under 16s

Postby bennymacca » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:So thats ok to call her a dirty slapper, why not call the hawthorn player an alleged rapist?

Only if you are a fkwit
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:36 pm

The game has passed you by. If it happened with a player from another club you would be all over it. Are you really that shit a bloke or are you just trolling us up here?

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Q. » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:22 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

The game has passed you by. If it happened with a player from another club you would be all over it. Are you really that shit a bloke or are you just trolling us up here?

regards,

REB

I'll have the combination thanks
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby am Bays » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:42 pm

Q. wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

I'll have the combination thanks

I'm going option A.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:33 pm

Ok I shouldve left the dirty slapper description out of it but I still stand by the potential exploitation comment.
As for it being a Hawthorn thing, i defended Milne in the same manner even though I didnt like him.
Everyone has a right to innocence, How it has even got out is a disgrace considering im led to believe the player hasnt been questioned as yet and it is only an investigation at this point. Its either the police have leaked something or the alleged victim has.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby MJ_23 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:13 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Ok I shouldve left the dirty slapper description out of it but I still stand by the potential exploitation comment.
As for it being a Hawthorn thing, i defended Milne in the same manner even though I didnt like him.
Everyone has a right to innocence, How it has even got out is a disgrace considering im led to believe the player hasnt been questioned as yet and it is only an investigation at this point. Its either the police have leaked something or the alleged victim has.

Both players are being investigated (From Hawthorn PR)

Of course everyone has a right to innocence, everyone also has a right to safety as well.

There is 3 people involved in this not just the footballers. Footballers aren't always the "Victims"
MJ_23
Under 16s

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:40 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Ok I shouldve left the dirty slapper description out of it but I still stand by the potential exploitation comment.

Yep innocent until proven guilty for sure and I'm not jumping on the Hawks over this. I get that you don't care what we think of you but we live in a country where two women a week now are dying because of domestic violence and all too often it is the victim that gets put on trial which adds to non-reporting culture. It might of been a bit of a throw away comment by yourself but I believe we as Men need to be better.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:31 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

Yep innocent until proven guilty for sure and I'm not jumping on the Hawks over this. I get that you don't care what we think of you but we live in a country where two women a week now are dying because of domestic violence and all too often it is the victim that gets put on trial which adds to non-reporting culture. It might of been a bit of a throw away comment by yourself but I believe we as Men need to be better.

regards,

REB

And therein lies the balance REB. Cops I know (female) say that a heap of women go with the rape card when they get found out by their boyfriend, husband. They say they spend a heap of time trawling through stories... he said, she said type things to find out they've been lying the entire time. I'm not taking sides because I don't know the circumstances, however I do feel for the authorities trying to investigate this. I really truly hope the truth is found on this case and parties held responsible are brought to justice.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:40 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

And therein lies the balance REB. Cops I know (female) say that a heap of women go with the rape card when they get found out by their boyfriend, husband. They say they spend a heap of time trawling through stories... he said, she said type things to find out they've been lying the entire time. I'm not taking sides because I don't know the circumstances, however I do feel for the authorities trying to investigate this. I really truly hope the truth is found on this case and parties held responsible are brought to justice.

And many more would be too scared to come forward because of prevailing attitudes like this
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby whufc » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:28 pm

What's wrong with gadj post,

I don't think there was any attitude behind what he posted he just pointed out the difficulties the police have in these situations

The problem becomes even if it becomes fact the people were involved in sexual intercourse the issue of whether it was consensual or not.

The small snippets of what I have read this sounds like it will be another case of she said he said with the no real evidence (especially considering it sounds like they all got a taxi to a house together so they were in the same place by choice)

The unfortunate part in these (female vs sports superstar cases) is is that the female stands very little chance due to the support the player will recieve financially and legally from their multi billion dollar football clubs, this said the other sad part being is even if the players are not guilt there name will be dragged through the mud so essentially they will be tainted.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL