Hawthorn 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Hawthorn 2015

Postby bennymacca » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:30 pm

If even the police have that attitude it would make it very hard for legitimate victims to come forward.

Very complex issue
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:52 pm

Attitude? They don't have an attitude. They go into every rape case investigating it as they should, with an open frame of mind. What they find on the other hand is exactly that.

There are legitimate cases, an illegitimate cases. It's up to them to find out which is which. And by crikey, you know what they do a great job.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:55 pm

whufc wrote:What's wrong with gadj post,

I don't think there was any attitude behind what he posted he just pointed out the difficulties the police have in these situations

The problem becomes even if it becomes fact the people were involved in sexual intercourse the issue of whether it was consensual or not.

The small snippets of what I have read this sounds like it will be another case of she said he said with the no real evidence (especially considering it sounds like they all got a taxi to a house together so they were in the same place by choice)

The unfortunate part in these (female vs sports superstar cases) is is that the female stands very little chance due to the support the player will recieve financially and legally from their multi billion dollar football clubs, this said the other sad part being is even if the players are not guilt there name will be dragged through the mud so essentially they will be tainted.

Thanks Whufc, spot on. I feel sorry for the police.

I've heard cases like the one against several Port players some time back and they got off. I won't detail why but that was legitimate rape of the worst kind (allegedly, from what I heard).
gadj1976
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:05 pm

gadj1976 wrote:Attitude? They don't have an attitude. They go into every rape case investigating it as they should, with an open frame of mind. What they find on the other hand is exactly that.

There are legitimate cases, an illegitimate cases. It's up to them to find out which is which. And by crikey, you know what they do a great job.

I strongly disagree with this, the police tend to decide who is guilty and who isnt, The prosecutors (DPP) and the courts have the open mind.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:17 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:Attitude? They don't have an attitude. They go into every rape case investigating it as they should, with an open frame of mind. What they find on the other hand is exactly that.

I strongly disagree with this, the police tend to decide who is guilty and who isnt, The prosecutors (DPP) and the courts have the open mind.

Ok. Whatever I say won't change your mind. Enjoy the fruits of whatever comes your way.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:20 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
whufc wrote:What's wrong with gadj post,

I don't think there was any attitude behind what he posted he just pointed out the difficulties the police have in these situations

The problem becomes even if it becomes fact the people were involved in sexual intercourse the issue of whether it was consensual or not.

The small snippets of what I have read this sounds like it will be another case of she said he said with the no real evidence (especially considering it sounds like they all got a taxi to a house together so they were in the same place by choice)

The unfortunate part in these (female vs sports superstar cases) is is that the female stands very little chance due to the support the player will recieve financially and legally from their multi billion dollar football clubs, this said the other sad part being is even if the players are not guilt there name will be dragged through the mud so essentially they will be tainted.

Thanks Whufc, spot on. I feel sorry for the police.

I've heard cases like the one against several Port players some time back and they got off. I won't detail why but that was legitimate rape of the worst kind (allegedly, from what I heard).

Yup.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:22 pm

You'll note here that not one person has slammed the footballers, whoever they may be, that are involved.
No one has bagged the football club involved, or uttered, "so much for the family club".
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:32 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:You'll note here that not one person has slammed the footballers, whoever they may be, that are involved.
No one has bagged the football club involved, or uttered, "so much for the family club".

No one (players or female) should be slammed yet until something is proven either way

In a perfect world we wouldn't even know of the investigation underway until the investigation was completed, verdict decided and then we should hear about what did happen that Is all
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dogwatcher » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:18 pm

whufc wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:You'll note here that not one person has slammed the footballers, whoever they may be, that are involved.

No one (players or female) should be slammed yet until something is proven either way

Exactly the point.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:44 am

Who are the two players involved?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby cennals05 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:38 am

16.4% of women 15 years or older have been victims of sexual assault from someone other than their partner in Australia. The global average is 7.2%. This statistic alone should terrify everyone in Australia. 1 in 5 women have experienced sexual violence since the age of 15 and 1 in 3 are sexually abused before the age of 16. 93% of offenders are male. So I would say we have a problem.

It doesn't help when some idiots automatically call women that have allegedly been sexually assaulted dirty slappers. I just hope it's never your wife or daughter that are one of the victims.

(The statistics are from the ABS and the National Statistics - Crime and Safety Survey).
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby stan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:42 am

I think we all need to take a step back and breath. For starters if you havent worked out that Daisy mostly posts to bait us all them really shame on you. I mean come on I think he spends 90% of his time trolling. So he fires of from the hip and we all fall over.

Come on, remember he's Ballentyne of this forum. Take a bit of it with a pinch of salt.

On the issue, how about we put the torches and pitch forks down for a few minutes and simply wait until the investigation is complete. We simply have no information to work on. And no bigfooty is not a reliable source so really until then relax.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:00 am

stan wrote: I think we all need to take a step back and breath. For starters if you havent worked out that Daisy mostly posts to bait us all them really shame on you. I mean come on I think he spends 90% of his time trolling. So he fires of from the hip and we all fall over.

The world of the internet, where you can say despicable things because you're a troll.
I'm not sure you've given a very nice character assessment of Daisy there.
Last edited by Dogwatcher on Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Spangas » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:03 am

cennals05 wrote:16.4% of women 15 years or older have been victims of sexual assault from someone other than their partner in Australia. The global average is 7.2%. This statistic alone should terrify everyone in Australia. 1 in 5 women have experienced sexual violence since the age of 15 and 1 in 3 are sexually abused before the age of 16. 93% of offenders are male. So I would say we have a problem.

It doesn't help when some idiots automatically call women that have allegedly been sexually assaulted dirty slappers. I just hope it's never your wife or daughter that are one of the victims.

(The statistics are from the ABS and the National Statistics - Crime and Safety Survey).

Everyone should read this post again. There are ALWAYS bigger issues than football/footballers in this country.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby stan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:42 am

Dogwatcher wrote:[quote="stan" ]I think we all need to take a step back and breath. For starters if you havent worked out that Daisy mostly posts to bait us all them really shame on you. I mean come on I think he spends 90% of his time trolling. So he fires of from the hip and we all fall over. [/quote]

The world of the internet, where you can say despicable things because you're a troll.
I'm not sure you've given a very nice character assessment of Daisy there.[/quote]

Which part? The Ballentyne part or the troll part?

Daisy's ok, we dont have any issues. What I was trying to make clear is that sometimes hes looking for a bite.
stan
Coach

Postby Feenix » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:46 am

stan wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:[quote="stan" ]I think we all need to take a step back and breath. For starters if you havent worked out that Daisy mostly posts to bait us all them really shame on you. I mean come on I think he spends 90% of his time trolling. So he fires of from the hip and we all fall over. [/quote]

I'm not sure you've given a very nice character assessment of Daisy there.[/quote][/quote]

Daisy's ok, we dont have any issues. What I was trying to make clear is that sometimes hes looking for a bite.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Trolling or not, rape shouldnt be treated as a joke and if Daisy is serious about those comments then thats even worse
Last edited by Feenix on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:56 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:No doubt just another dirty slapper wanting her 15 mins of fame and trying to exploit a few dollars

The game has passed you by. If it happened with a player from another club you would be all over it. Are you really that shit a bloke or are you just trolling us up here?

regards,

REB

Do I have to lock one in?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby stan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:04 am

Feenix wrote:
stan wrote:

I'm not sure you've given a very nice character assessment of Daisy there.[/quote][/quote]

Daisy's ok, we dont have any issues. What I was trying to make clear is that sometimes hes looking for a bite.[/quote][/quote][/quote]
Trolling or not, rape shouldnt be treated as a joke and if you're serious about those comments then thats even worse[/quote]

Hang on, im just commenting on Daisy. I have made no statement or comment besides saying lets wait for tbe investigation.

I have made no jokes what so ever and you need to retract your attack on myself.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:04 am

Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:No doubt just another dirty slapper wanting her 15 mins of fame and trying to exploit a few dollars

The game has passed you by. If it happened with a player from another club you would be all over it. Are you really that shit a bloke or are you just trolling us up here?

regards,

REB

Do I have to lock one in?

As i said earlier he is trolling.
stan
Coach

Postby Feenix » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:33 am

stan wrote:
Feenix wrote:
stan wrote:

Trolling or not, rape shouldnt be treated as a joke and if you're serious about those comments then thats even worse[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
Hang on, im just commenting on Daisy. I have made no statement or comment besides saying lets wait for tbe investigation.

I have made no jokes what so ever and you need to retract your attack on myself.[/quote]

Sorry if you thought that was directed at you, I was passing comment on Daisy
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL