Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:28 pm

Hidden Tiger wrote:Matthew Krieg named as United Coach 2016. Apparantly Crewdson only found out he wasnt coaching last night. Pretty unproffessional if you ask me

There must be an explanation.
Last edited by Swamp Donkey on Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby OnSong » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:32 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Hidden Tiger wrote:Matthew Krieg named as United Coach 2016. Apparantly Crewdson only found out he wasnt coaching last night. Pretty unproffessional if you ask me

Piss poor if true - there must be an explanation.

At the risk of seeming ignorant, why is this an issue? Crewdson was told he wasn't coaching and United appointed someone else. Seems straightforward??
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:58 pm

OnSong wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

At the risk of seeming ignorant, why is this an issue? Crewdson was told he wasn't coaching and United appointed someone else. Seems straightforward??

Its mid-October, United have been finished for 10 weeks. If the coach was told he was not required prior to, or 1-2 weeks after the season, then yeah fair enough. If it was me I'd be pissed off, especially given that opportunities to apply for jobs with other clubs has likley been missed in most cases.

If Crewy was told they we going to advertise for job and that he was welcome to apply then fair enough.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby OnSong » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:00 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
OnSong wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

Its mid-October, United have been finished for 10 weeks. If the coach was told he was not required prior to, or 1-2 weeks after the season, then yeah fair enough. If it was me I'd be pissed off, especially given that opportunities to apply for jobs with other clubs has likley been missed in most cases.

If Crewy was told they we going to advertise for job and that he was welcome to apply then fair enough.

I think that was the situation, they were going to advertise and held interviews etc. But not certain. United usually tick those boxes so would be surprised if that first scenario is the case.
OnSong
Coach

Postby norm11 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:05 pm

I think United advertise every year and the current coach has to re apply if he wants to go on.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Hidden Tiger » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:26 am

I agree Swamp. United have left it so late the bloke has little or no chance of picking up another A Grade job. We were hearing Kreigs name over this way in August linked to United. He's been burnt big time but he's not the first and wont be the last coach to suffer that fate.
Hidden Tiger
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Nuriootpa

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:17 am

OnSong wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:Its mid-October, United have been finished for 10 weeks. If the coach was told he was not required prior to, or 1-2 weeks after the season, then yeah fair enough. If it was me I'd be pissed off, especially given that opportunities to apply for jobs with other clubs has likley been missed in most cases.

I think that was the situation, they were going to advertise and held interviews etc. But not certain. United usually tick those boxes so would be surprised if that first scenario is the case.

Well if thats the case and it would surprise me if it wasn't , I think the way the situation played out is reasonable. Like I said in my initial post on the topic - there must be a reasonable explanation and it would seem there is ;)
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby Mex » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:06 pm

OnSong wrote:
Dr. Pink wrote:interesting by tigers if true. anyone know kreigs history? never heard a thing about him.

Appears to be a very good get. Played footy with Centrals and has coached in the Hills and then at Centrals in a junior development role I think.

been centrals u18 coach the last couple years and a stint at birdwood before that. good operator
Mex
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Hidden Tiger » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:01 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:

Interesting if true but hearing previous United coach was told he had the job only for the club to do a back flip while he was away. Rumours are the Football Director and some players have walked as a consequence
Hidden Tiger
Mini-League

Postby Officejet » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:11 am

Isnt Ware related to the outgoing coach.
We are the Red and Blacks
Officejet
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:26 am

Hidden Tiger wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

Interesting if true but hearing previous United coach was told he had the job only for the club to do a back flip while he was away. Rumours are the Football Director and some players have walked as a consequence

I would be surprised if the football director had walked.
I'm not 100% sure who it is but I'm pretty sure everyone high up is well entrenched within the Long Plains/Dublin community

My opinion is Crewy is pretty unlucky but with a guy as good as Greig coming in, the club had to make the decision it thought was the best.
You can't let relationships get in the way of decisions such as this

I notice you're staying as far away from this as possible MC haha
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Snags » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:52 pm

Officejet wrote:Isnt Ware related to the outgoing coach.

My aswell pack Thompson brothers and ware's bags for them if crewy isn't coaching.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:52 am

Snags wrote:
Officejet wrote:Isnt Ware related to the outgoing coach.

My aswell pack Thompson brothers and ware's bags for them if crewy isn't coaching.

I doubt this will be a consequence of the decision - though I could be wrong. I'm guessing Ware probably played with Matty Kreig at Centrals back in the early 2000s.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby norm11 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:17 pm

Everyone will be happy to know our netball is on board. Meeting held last night with the apna president present.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:54 am

norm11 wrote:Everyone will be happy to know our netball is on board. Meeting held last night with the apna president present.

The netball club committee has submitted a request to affiliate.
It's a positive step that the netball association has taken, seeking a meeting with the club's committee, but there are a few uncertainties with this.
The netball club is still to confirm its new committee, including a new president at its AGM on Monday night.
Player numbers and how many teams they can enter is also unconfirmed.
There are 28 teams ranging from under 9s competing in the summer competition at Elizabeth, great numbers.
How many of those players will be willing to travel to the country to play won't be known for some time.
So yes, there is a genuine expression of interest from the outgoing committee to join APNA. But there's still a fair bit to work out before it all goes ahead.
Apparently the AVNC presented quite impressively and one of their concerns was how well the football club will manage the shift. All very interesting.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:01 pm

OnSong wrote:
norm11 wrote:Everyone will be happy to know our netball is on board. Meeting held last night with the apna president present.

It's a positive step that the netball association has taken, seeking a meeting with the club's committee, but there are a few uncertainties with this.
The netball club is still to confirm its new committee, including a new president at its AGM on Monday night.
There are 28 teams ranging from under 9s competing in the summer competition at Elizabeth, great numbers.
How many of those players will be willing to travel to the country to play won't be known for some time.
So yes, there is a genuine expression of interest from the outgoing committee to join APNA. But there's still a fair bit to work out before it all goes ahead.
Apparently the AVNC presented quite impressively and one of their concerns was how well the football club will manage the shift. All very interesting.

Sorry to be negative, but why is it so important to have AV come join in 2016? I am keen for them to join, but why not say to them - ok, we want you join the APFL/APNA in 2017. We now have 12 months for us (APFL/APNA) and you (AVFC/AVNC) to work through the finer details and ensure that the incoming clubs are in a stable position (i.e. have stable committees that are aware and clear about the requirements to join the Adelaide Plains). The netball side of things all seems very rushed at the moment and that makes me nervous.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:54 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Sorry to be negative, but why is it so important to have AV come join in 2016? I am keen for them to join, but why not say to them - ok, we want you join the APFL/APNA in 2017. We now have 12 months for us (APFL/APNA) and you (AVFC/AVNC) to work through the finer details and ensure that the incoming clubs are in a stable position (i.e. have stable committees that are aware and clear about the requirements to join the Adelaide Plains). The netball side of things all seems very rushed at the moment and that makes me nervous.

Clubs have been switching between leagues for over 100 years, what makes it so hard now?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:22 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Clubs have been switching between leagues for over 100 years, what makes it so hard now?

Absolutely nothing if the incoming club has its shit together.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby Hidden Tiger » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:48 pm

How is the footy coming along for AVFC. Do they have a coach and have they been allotted player points for next season?
Hidden Tiger
Mini-League

Postby Mythical Creature » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:26 pm

Hidden Tiger wrote:How is the footy coming along for AVFC. Do they have a coach and have they been allotted player points for next season?

Surely points would be worked out the same way they are for the other 7 clubs? % of wins over past 4 years. Cant see any alternative since they would come under apfl constitution and by laws.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy