C&CCA Season 2015/16

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

2015/16 Division 1 Grand Finalist

Adelaide Lutheran
28%
Enfield
11%
Fitzroy
6%
North Eastern Knights
17%
Para Vista
11%
Rose Park
28%

Total votes : 18

Re: C&CCA Season 2015/16

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:40 am

Don't think finance has anything to do with it. The idea was not to engage any umpires at all - surprisingly clubs weren't against that, but as it is the exec decided to retain the umpires and use them as they require.

I'm not fussed if it's in Div 1 or Div 4.. I can see both sides of the arguments - Div 1 is the top grade and better players, more competitive so umpires are valuable probably more deserving in that grade, but then in say Div 4 you have more dramas, misunderstanding of rules, time delays, difficulties finding capable people to umpire and score so the umpire can help to alleviate some pressure.

I would think if clubs requested or expressed their preference for an umpire then they'd probably get one - but don't quote me on that I don't make the decisions lol.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby bara-stick » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:16 pm

A joke if atleast Div 1 doesn't have umpires.
1. Moses 2. Smasha 3. powerport 4. Carey 5. open for nominations
bara-stick
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:58 pm

bara-stick wrote:A joke if atleast Div 1 doesn't have umpires.

No good getting emotional about it - it was raised for discussion TWICE - once at the Winter Delegates meeting, and then again at the AGM... if you're not happy, speak to your club delegate about it, because they had no issue with it, and they're representing your club... ;)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby carey » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:02 pm

Zartan wrote:

No good getting emotional about it - it was raised for discussion TWICE - once at the Winter Delegates meeting, and then again at the AGM... if you're not happy, speak to your club delegate about it, because they had no issue with it, and they're representing your club... ;)

Leave Bara Stick alone, His my mate.

(Bara can I please be ranked higher than 4)
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2806 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Dr Phil » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:08 pm

I know Rita and he's definetely not a good bloke. Here's one from left field. Fitzroy to join Para Districts next year. Contracts already signed.
Dr Phil
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Milly » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:44 pm

Having spoken to the captains of Fitzroy, Rose Park & Adelaide Lutheran I know that all of these would prefer umpires every week. Sounds like we are looking after the minority here.
Under 16s

Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Dr Phil » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:52 pm

Yeah i heard there was some discussion but was decided to retain umps in div 1. Makes sense if you want to attract div 1 players to the comp.
Dr Phil
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Milly wrote:Having spoken to the captains of Fitzroy, Rose Park & Adelaide Lutheran I know that all of these would prefer umpires every week. Sounds like we are looking after the minority here.

I'd rather an umpire - one less job I've got to do haha
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dr Phil » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:59 pm

Zartan wrote:
Milly wrote:Having spoken to the captains of Fitzroy, Rose Park & Adelaide Lutheran I know that all of these would prefer umpires every week. Sounds like we are looking after the minority here.

I'd rather an umpire - one less job I've got to do haha

I like the way shnrub thinks
Dr Phil
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:00 pm

Dr Phil wrote:I know Rita and he's definetely not a good bloke. Here's one from left field. Fitzroy to join Para Districts next year. Contracts already signed.

LOL
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Dr Phil » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dr Phil wrote:I know Rita and he's definetely not a good bloke. Here's one from left field. Fitzroy to join Para Districts next year. Contracts already signed.

LOL

Ten day cooling off period. Could still fall through i guess.
Dr Phil
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:12 pm

Dr Phil wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

LOL

Speaking of PDCA - Enfield have officially applied to have a 2nd side entered in the PDCA comp.

First time in the clubs history we have fielded 6x senior sides, so pretty exciting times.. next steps - training nets to be completed, and start a junior program..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:17 pm

Zartan wrote:
Milly wrote:Any reason why Division 1 clubs aren't being provided with umpires this year. Surely clubs are happy to pay to be officiated, heard Div 2 games had a umpire in round 1 while Div1 games didn't? Seems strange

It was discussed with the clubs at the Winter delegates meeting and then at the AGM.
Umpires will not be appointed to games just because we have them - there is a general feeling that some of the umpires are not up to standard and clubs cant justify paying the $100 a week for a below standard umpire. There were plenty of complaints last season.

The umpires we still have (George, Grant, Malcolm, Col) will still be utilised but not necessarily every week, and not limited to Div 1 - they will also be appointed to games in lower grades that are deemed to be a higher risk of incident.

Personally I don't care if we have an umpire or not - the only downside is it's an extra person you need to find to help out. We didn't have an umpire vs Fitzroy and it seemed to work ok, Pidge umpired the whole day and was very good.

That seems to be an odd way to do it. Case of the squeaky wheel getting the grease.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:40 am

Bara on the money. Would the SAAFL not allocate umpires to a Div 1 footy match and instead send them to Div 7? Never and shouldn't happen. Same you would think applies here
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Milly » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:38 am

Dr Phil wrote:Yeah i heard there was some discussion but was decided to retain umps in div 1. Makes sense if you want to attract div 1 players to the comp.

That's a struggle for every club in this comp
Under 16s

Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:15 am

Dr Phil wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

LOL

I was LOL'ing as there are no contracts to join the PDCA, a motion needs to be forwarded at the AGM and then the club delegates will cast a vote, it is very rare for a new club to be knocked back, they have been but it's usually circumstantial.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:21 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dr Phil wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

LOL

I was LOL'ing as there are no contracts to join the PDCA, a motion needs to be forwarded at the AGM and then the club delegates will cast a vote, it is very rare for a new club to be knocked back, they have been but it's usually circumstantial.

He was extracting the urine LM - besides Fitzroy have already been excepted into PDCA, been playing past couple season in the one day comp, have just removed their side this season due to lack of numbers.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dr Phil » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:14 pm

Zartan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dr Phil wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:[quote="Dr Phil"]I know Rita and he's definetely not a good bloke. Here's one from left field. Fitzroy to join Para Districts next year. Contracts already signed.

LOL

He was extracting the urine LM - besides Fitzroy have already been excepted into PDCA, been playing past couple season in the one day comp, have just removed their side this season due to lack of numbers.[/quote]
Time will tell who is extracting the urine. As a past committee member, captain, coach, multliple wicket taker i can tell you the question of which competition to play in came up every year. If i was a betting man i'd have money on Fitzroy ending up in Para sooner or later.
Dr Phil
Rookie

Postby Arch44 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:21 pm

Cmon Dr. Phil that's hardly balls on the line stuff. Sooner or Later? Lift!
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Dr Phil wrote:Time will tell who is extracting the urine. As a past committee member, captain, coach, multliple wicket taker i can tell you the question of which competition to play in came up every year. If i was a betting man i'd have money on Fitzroy ending up in Para sooner or later.

I meant as in terms of "contracts signed" you goose!
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps