2016 gradings

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: 2016 gradings

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:33 am

S Demon wrote:So it was Salisbury's choice then first of all, then Seaton agreed to stay up? That's different to what FC's post was alluding to

That's how I've read it too.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Executive Member » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:40 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
S Demon wrote:So it was Salisbury's choice then first of all, then Seaton agreed to stay up? That's different to what FC's post was alluding to

Doesn't matter as one cant happen without the other, for example Salisbury may have asked not to go up, so unless Seaton agree to staying up, Salisbury would then have no choice but to go up regardless of their wish to stay down

and vice versa
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:06 am

Executive Member wrote:
Doesn't matter as one cant happen without the other, for example Salisbury may have asked not to go up, so unless Seaton agree to staying up, Salisbury would then have no choice but to go up regardless of their wish to stay down

and vice versa

It does matter, it's like dumping your girlfriend at school because you knew you were about to be dumped.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:24 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

and vice versa

It does matter, it's like dumping your girlfriend at school because you knew you were about to be dumped.

no idea what your on about, never happened to me mate, went to Blackfriars 8)
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby S Demon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:47 am

Executive Member wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

and vice versa

I don't think vice versa is applicable here. Seaton can't ask to stay up and then see if Salisbury want to stay down.

I understand one can't happen without the other, but it can only be initiated by one club in the first instance as per the rules. My initial query has been answered though
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Q. » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:55 am

I'm told that Salisbury didn't want to put bar profits at risk by going up a Div.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby S Demon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:03 am

Q. wrote:I'm told that Salisbury didn't want to put bar profits at risk by going up a Div.

Div 3 clubs drink less beer?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby heater31 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:09 am

S Demon wrote:
Q. wrote:I'm told that Salisbury didn't want to put bar profits at risk by going up a Div.

Maybe opposition Div 3 club's supporters don't travel ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Q. » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:20 am

S Demon wrote:

Success = bar profits

Better chance of success in D4
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby jo172 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:22 am

Q. wrote:
S Demon wrote:

Success = bar profits

Better chance of success in D4

If that's really the reason that would be pretty bloody weak.

Surely not the case?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Slots It Through » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:11 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Salisbury were given the first option. When they declined it was offered to Seaton. If they had said no, I think it may have been offered to Edwardstown.
Slots It Through
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Demon Juke » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Slots It Through wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Salisbury were given the first option. When they declined it was offered to Seaton. If they had said no, I think it may have been offered to Edwardstown.

I was told Salisbury had done a deal with Seaton and this was last year at the Prem. final, I had a lot respect for Salisbury but now I am not sure. Salisbury are in a better place than Kilburn to go up, lost the grand final by a kick and the "b" grade won the premiership. I am sure we could have done a deal after we lost our last Grand final by 100points but we never thought about not going up as we are trying to play in a grade as high as we can.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:02 pm

Executive Member wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

and vice versa

no idea what your on about, never happened to me mate, went to Blackfriars 8)

pfft amateur, I went there & was STILL dumped by a St Dominics girl.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:47 am

Demon Juke wrote:
I was told Salisbury had done a deal with Seaton and this was last year at the Prem. final, I had a lot respect for Salisbury but now I am not sure. Salisbury are in a better place than Kilburn to go up, lost the grand final by a kick and the "b" grade won the premiership. I am sure we could have done a deal after we lost our last Grand final by 100points but we never thought about not going up as we are trying to play in a grade as high as we can.

Each to their own I guess, Salisbury don't splash cash around which makes it hard for them to attract new players, as a kid, you generally hated Salisbury if you didn't play for them, probably nothing against Salisbury people as it could've been the colours, the emblem or their sustained success.
I do see their point, going up unprepared can have a detrimental affect.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Minion Master » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:01 am

If you're willing to play in the main dance then you should accept the system win or lose and go up a division or maybe settle for third and bow out in the 2nd qualifying final and remain in the same division.
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby BZB27 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:33 pm

I think it has to do with the fact that salisbury for at least the last 10 years has been a top 3 team in div 4 and a bottom 3 team in div 3. I reckon they just want to steady themselves instead of all the yo-yoing
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Minion Master » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:46 pm

BZB27 wrote:I think it has to do with the fact that salisbury for at least the last 10 years has been a top 3 team in div 4 and a bottom 3 team in div 3. I reckon they just want to steady themselves instead of all the yo-yoing

can't have your cake and eat it to, gotta take the good with the bad, up to the committee and football department to ensure they recruit to win in current division and be stable in the next division when going up
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby Boosh » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:22 pm

I will just get on the bandwagon and agree with everyone here, the promotion relegation system ensures the comps stay as even as possible. Yes Salisbury might have struggled but why do they now get be a strong team in in a weaker division just because they want to? So Div 4 now has a SFL club formerly of Div 2 parachuted into it and Div 3 club that fancies an easier grade.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Nearly Was » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:53 pm

How could you play for a Club that promotes mediocrity. The thrill of being promoted is nearly as good as playing in a GF. And good players always like to try themselves against better opposition. Any player worth his salt wants to play to his optimum level. If the Club doesn't, I wouldn't want to play there.
Nearly Was
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:09 pm

Nearly Was wrote:How could you play for a Club that promotes mediocrity. The thrill of being promoted is nearly as good as playing in a GF. And good players always like to try themselves against better opposition. Any player worth his salt wants to play to his optimum level. If the Club doesn't, I wouldn't want to play there.

Or they could promise bucket loads of cash for prospective players to get them out there and not pay them causing a mass exodus and 70 goal beltings for a season to go back down to div 4 and be further away from square one.
I believe that they can only exercise their right to do so once and their committee must see it more financially viable to continue to build their squad before attempting to take the next step.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League