Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby OnSong » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:22 am

Well, things just got a little more convoluted. A club has contacted the league asking to change their vote.
Norm, has this been officially announced yet?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby norm11 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:28 am

OnSong wrote:Well, things just got a little more convoluted. A club has contacted the league asking to change their vote.
Norm, has this been officially announced yet?

Not sure, your the one with your ear to the ground, your finger in the pulse. It appears to be on Facebook, on the producer page so it must be.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby OnSong » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:38 am

This process continues to yield twists and turns. I think everyone agrees it's been hardest on AVFC, including with this most recent turn of events.

Hoping this is the end of it but I doubt it.
OnSong
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:13 am

UPDATE: A club has contacted the APFL allegedly wishing to change its vote on the Angle Vale application.

"Further to text message & emails forwarded from Brad Busch, APFL President this afternoon, the APFL Board wish to advise that, subsequent to receiving all Club votes, we have now received a formal request from one of the APFL Clubs to rescind their initial vote and submit a new vote," the memo to clubs says.
"As a consequence of the club’s new vote, the total of the votes in relation to the motion to rescind is now 4 NO and 3 YES.
"This now means that the APFL Boards motion “to accept the Angle Vale Football Clubs “ Request to Affiliate” with the APFL for 2016 and beyond” now stands.
"Under no circumstance has the AFPL Board had any influence on the said club’s decision to change their vote.
"Unfortunately the time available to us, does not allow for a special meeting to be held in relation to the above circumstances, therefore the APFL Board now ask all clubs to re-submit their votes on the 'Motion to Rescind' by 3.00pm Saturday the 31st October."

Starting to turn into a circus
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby oyster » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:44 pm

Is Mallala still looking to join a nearby league or is that discussion all finished?
oyster
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 20 times

Postby hairy cat » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:27 pm

oyster wrote:Is Mallala still looking to join a nearby league or is that discussion all finished?

Oyster spill the beans the pies are goin nowhere
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Snags » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:14 am

All seems to rushed. I'm all for them to come into our league but What's the harm of giving it another 12 months and let angle vale sort everything out, so they can tick all the required boxes for 2017.
If they are so keen to come into our comp for a long period of time, 1 more year won't hurt.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby UNCLE SAM » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:03 pm

Unbelievable that clubs can change their minds after voting
Bushy been burning the candle long into the night making deals again without any approval from Board and clubs.
Did hear something about a vote of no confidence in the Board but not sure if it went ahead.
Mallala would be the only team the BLG would take into their league and I think they would be competivte and around the finals from what I have seen.
Is Lubcke still coaching Mallala?
UNCLE SAM
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:04 am

Do we have a decision on Angle Vale yet, or will the board just keep calling for another vote until they get the result they want?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby OnSong » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:11 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:Do we have a decision on Angle Vale yet, or will the board just keep calling for another vote until they get the result they want?

We do. Kind of.

Four voted against the motion to rescind the Board's decision.

One club voted for it.

Two clubs did not vote.

I don't know where that leaves us. Working on it.

Hope it's ok with Norm that I've revealed this.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:48 am

OnSong wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:Do we have a decision on Angle Vale yet, or will the board just keep calling for another vote until they get the result they want?

We do. Kind of.

One club voted for it.

Two clubs did not vote.

Wouldnt that mean they are in?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:48 am

Is it in the Constitution that you can rescind your vote and change your mind the next morning? If it is fair enough, if not what sort of "cooling off" period do you have on votes. It may very well be legitimate and not dodgy but shit it does look dodgy as hell.

The way i understand it delegates vote on behalf of their members. For a club to decide which way to vote you hold a meeting to get the consensus of the members and delegates vote accordingly even if its different to their personal opinion. To change your vote overnight just shows how bad some clubs are run and its just 1 or 2 people making their minds up on the fly.

People can understand if votes go against them and the process is fair, however if its not in the Constitution to change your vote then it appears to be unfair and more people will be annoyed now than after the original decision.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby OnSong » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:49 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
OnSong wrote:

We do. Kind of.

One club voted for it.

Two clubs did not vote.

Yes. Pending approval of it all from the SA Community Football Board. But I doubt they would reverse it all at this stage.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:51 am

OnSong wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
OnSong wrote:

We do. Kind of.

One club voted for it.

Two clubs did not vote.

Yes. Pending approval of it all from the SA Community Football Board. But I doubt they would reverse it all at this stage.

Would be a formality I presume. It's not like the SAAFL are going to try to stop them from leaving
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby OnSong » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:53 am

That's right. Can't see much opposition from the top of either SAAFL or the SACFL.
OnSong
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:00 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Is it in the Constitution that you can rescind your vote and change your mind the next morning? If it is fair enough, if not what sort of "cooling off" period do you have on votes. It may very well be legitimate and not dodgy but shit it does look dodgy as hell.

The way i understand it delegates vote on behalf of their members. For a club to decide which way to vote you hold a meeting to get the consensus of the members and delegates vote accordingly even if its different to their personal opinion. To change your vote overnight just shows how bad some clubs are run and its just 1 or 2 people making their minds up on the fly.

People can understand if votes go against them and the process is fair, however if its not in the Constitution to change your vote then it appears to be unfair and more people will be annoyed now than after the original decision.

Seems some clubs need lessons on Corporate Governance......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:02 pm

Looks like amateur hour.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:13 pm

heater31 wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Is it in the Constitution that you can rescind your vote and change your mind the next morning? If it is fair enough, if not what sort of "cooling off" period do you have on votes. It may very well be legitimate and not dodgy but shit it does look dodgy as hell.

Exactly. Add directors to those lessons. Very scary position to put yourself into going outside the book. Not somewhere i would wanna be
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby heater31 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:26 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Exactly. Add directors to those lessons. Very scary position to put yourself into going outside the book. Not somewhere i would wanna be

Wonder how many people realise that when on these boards of management they could land in prison if things turn to shit?

This is why the SACFL are bringing in the salary cap regulations to prevent clubs from going down a path of destruction....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby magpieeagle » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:32 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
heater31 wrote:

All I have every seen is a club committee make the decision for the club members without consulting members, but then again that's what members vote a committee in to do, show the best interest of the club , huge decision which may/maybe not good ,only time will tell.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy