PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Who will play off in this season's Grade 1 GF?

Central United
9%
Craigmore
3%
Eastern Park
8%
One Tree Hill
17%
Riverside
4%
Rose & Crown
27%
Salisbury West
27%
Virginia
5%

Total votes : 75

Re: PDCA

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:27 am

Zartan wrote:The loss of Sandy Creek and Brahma Lodge was a massive blow to the standard of the comp.

The demise of Salsibury North, and in recent times the exodus of players from OTH and R&C have also obviously hurt the comp.

I noticed the decline in attendances once Matthew Bedgegood III moved to the Churches league, it was a massive hit to gate takings.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:28 am

Zartan wrote:The loss of Sandy Creek and Brahma Lodge was a massive blow to the standard of the comp.

The demise of Salsibury North, and in recent times the exodus of players from OTH and R&C have also obviously hurt the comp.

Sandy using Williamstown Oval for their lower grades, kids and womens was a pain in the arse.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:58 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I noticed the decline in attendances once Matthew Bedgegood III moved to the Churches league, it was a massive hit to canteen and bar takings.

Edited for accuracy :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:08 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Sandy using Williamstown Oval for their lower grades, kids and womens was a pain in the arse.

Did they get asked by the PDCA to find a different venue but decided to leave instead?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:15 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Did they get asked by the PDCA to find a different venue but decided to leave instead?

Na mate, they still use it for women's cricket which is a 6pm start on a Monday night, the 5pm starts for under 10's was a killer.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PDCA

Postby Jim05 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:22 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Did they get asked by the PDCA to find a different venue but decided to leave instead?

Na mate, they still use it for women's cricket which is a 6pm start on a Monday night, the 5pm starts for under 10's was a killer.

Still used for lower grades and junior cricket as well. With 5 junior teams it gets a fair workout
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:37 pm

Jim05 wrote:Still used for lower grades and junior cricket as well. With 5 junior teams it gets a fair workout

Despite the obvious for us metropolitan folk, it's a very serene place to watch cricket from in the afternoon. Just take your own toilet rolls.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:39 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Still used for lower grades and junior cricket as well. With 5 junior teams it gets a fair workout

Despite the obvious for us metropolitan folk, it's a very serene place to watch cricket from in the afternoon. Just take your own toilet rolls.

Plenty of bog rolls now, new caretakers of the oval have seen to that. Can definitely see how 5pm starts were hard for guys down that way
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:43 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Still used for lower grades and junior cricket as well. With 5 junior teams it gets a fair workout

Good oval for the batting average, not so handy for the bowling average through especially when you fish a soggy ball out of the creek to bowl with for the next 40 overs ;-)
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby whufc » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:48 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
carey wrote:I havent played PDCA for a good 8 years but div 3 is currently the worst I've ever seen it or remember it.

*** Note I've only seen Parafield Gardens and Eastern Park so far.

You have probably played the two worse sides in that divison but you are right apart from div1 the standard of the comp has dropped alot.

Its weird div 1 at present is very bowler heavy, each team apart from Craigmore have a genuine quick, Seccafein, Ryan Parker, Justin Davies, Benny McMullen, Woodward, Nick Lynch, Justin Carmen but the batting stocks probably arent as strong as in previous years.

I remember the div 5 b grade runners side i played in for Eastern Park and we had younger blokes like Nathaniel Brookes, Bradley Banks, Jamie McCafferty and then older blokes like Christian McIver, Darren Knox, Rob Latrobe

The team we lost to was Elizabeth Fields who had Robby Howe, Gav Elliott, Scotty Donanldson, Mick Debaur, Donga, Walker, Lowey

That was a while ago, I reckon Jesus was batting at 6 still.

Late 90's i reckon
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:57 pm

Jesus, Whuffer, you'd have been in short pants then, mate.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby whufc » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:10 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Jesus, Whuffer, you'd have been in short pants then, mate.

Hehehe

Yep the old u/15's in the morning facing Chris Duval and occasionally Ryan Harris if we played 17's and then bowling to Mark Cosgrove and then seniors in in the afternoon facing Glenn North, Brett Tomlinson, Gary Sutton, Ben Moore, Andy Carmen, Anthony Heindrich, Col Rundle, Damien Newman, Natsias

Good times
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:14 pm

whufc wrote:

Hehehe

Yep the old u/15's in the morning facing Chris Duval and occasionally Ryan Harris if we played 17's and then bowling to Mark Cosgrove and then seniors in in the afternoon facing Glenn North, Brett Tomlinson, Gary Sutton, Ben Moore, Andy Carmen, Anthony Heindrich, Col Rundle, Damien Newman, Natsias

Good times

Some famous names amongst that group.. and plenty of wickets.

Must say miss the days where you'd get butterflies before batting, and the adrenalin is rushing because you knew you were about to face some fierce fast bowling.. now days a decent quick really is few and far between - and even more rare to have more than one in a side.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:22 pm

Zartan wrote:
whufc wrote:

Hehehe

Good times

Some famous names amongst that group.. and plenty of wickets.

Must say miss the days where you'd get butterflies before batting, and the adrenalin is rushing because you knew you were about to face some fierce fast bowling.. now days a decent quick really is few and far between - and even more rare to have more than one in a side.

Yeah even playing b grade which was around div 3, 4, 5 then you came across blokes like Garrard (riverside), Drakey, Danny Stevens and other older blokes who were going back down the grades along with young up and coming quicks such as Willy Serle (when at two wells), Kev Thomas, Chris McLean (Willaston), Rocco (Para Teachers)

i think 6/8 div1 sides now have a genuine quick but yeah none really have two genuine quicks.

Not sure if they won much in premierships but one the scariest attacks i faced was Mick Frajer, Andy Carmen, Ben Moore and Daniel Oliver all in the same side at Craigmore for a while there.
whufc
Coach

Postby Off The Wall » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:50 pm

Whatever happened to the Central Districts Rugby League Cricket Club? Played some juniors a while back there
Off The Wall
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby carey » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:21 pm

WHUFC

Did you ever have Shaun Obrian at one end Craig Wilson the other with Big Grenville slagging you off calling you a 'pimply face little fag' I did.

Wasn't enjoyable that's for sure

Drakey the left arm prick bruising my ribs big time.
Tomlinson wasn't fun cracked my helmet once
Col Rundle was very good not just quick but very good.
I really rated Obrian from Salis North
A little later than these blokes but again rated Ratcliffe
Garrard was handy, Gawlar Centrals had a good bowler can't remember his name? Maybe Norton?
Westies opener North was good

Opening the batting at 15/16 to these blokes wasn't fun. They were like sharks smelling blood when a young lad faces up to them.

I loved it tho
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:22 pm

Did Oliver wear a bandana? Always bowled short? From CD Rugby???
carey
Coach

Postby carey » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:24 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I noticed the decline in attendances once Matthew Bedgegood III moved to the Churches league, it was a massive hit to gate takings.

-Bedgy is a bum
-Brahma should've been called the 'Jamie Sibbick cricket club' and
-Sandy Creek has a shit pub

That is all
carey
Coach

Postby carey » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:25 pm

Salisbury North on the way back
carey
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:42 pm

carey wrote:

Salisbury North on the way back

Lol.. Comedy hour with Carey :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps