BLCA 2015/2016

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: BLCA 2015/2016

Postby james07 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:27 pm

all rounder wrote:Gee I see a cloud in the sky hope sandy creek cover there pitch
\

Hows your turf pitch going expert, always good to see hard wicket clubs that want to have a crack at turf clubs when the rain effects play especially considering they wont put in the time and effort themselves to get a pitch. How many years has it been since South said they will put in a deck????
james07
Under 16s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby The mongoose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:10 am

So after two rounds have there been any shocks from any of the teams, ???
I think it looks as though Angaston will again be the side to beat, they had a very young team go to freeling and make light work of them (freeling had a couple out aswell) but just think Ango will be hard to beat.

Sandy finished 3rd last year and look to have improved this year so I expect them to really challenge at the pointy end..

I guess the suprise packet would be Kapunda , can they sustain this? The test is this week to see where they are at.

Nuri might be leading the race for relegation, with their loss to Lyndoch , but still a long way to go
The mongoose

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Slowey » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:40 am

The mongoose wrote:So after two rounds have there been any shocks from any of the teams, ???
I think it looks as though Angaston will again be the side to beat, they had a very young team go to freeling and make light work of them (freeling had a couple out aswell) but just think Ango will be hard to beat.

Sandy finished 3rd last year and look to have improved this year so I expect them to really challenge at the pointy end..

I guess the suprise packet would be Kapunda , can they sustain this? The test is this week to see where they are at.

Nuri might be leading the race for relegation, with their loss to Lyndoch , but still a long way to go

I don't think to many shocks mongoose, However don't cut south short.
They have enough quality to really shake a few sides this year. At full strength they will take it to all sides this year.
Angaston will again be the team to beat, Freeling at full strength will again be a force, Sandy Creek look to have recruited AGAIN hopefully not spending too much hard earned.
Kapunda, Gilbert Valley next best i would have thought.
Slowey

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby james07 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:50 pm

Slowey wrote:
The mongoose wrote:So after two rounds have there been any shocks from any of the teams, ???

They have enough quality to really shake a few sides this year. At full strength they will take it to all sides this year.
Angaston will again be the team to beat, Freeling at full strength will again be a force, Sandy Creek look to have recruited AGAIN hopefully not spending too much hard earned.

tough going on this forum, Sandy should put up a sign "no new players welcome" or we can start rumours of unhappy players and then approach them to coach the club, hey Slowey thats more your form.
james07
Under 16s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:59 pm

Slowey wrote:

The way Freeling are going it looks like a standard season for any team with the name D.Coombs in it. Going on that Freeling should be winning the A1 reserves next season.
Sandy Creek should win it, looks like they've recruited well again, maybe if they found a quality spinner it would just about seal it. Should beat South in the final. Angaston and Kapunda to be the beaten semi finalists
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:01 pm

If only South had a good coach to harness all that ability
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:24 pm

Does the dog track still have sky in the dog box? Could think of worse places to be tomorrow.
Hope the skip wins the toss
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Extractor » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:00 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Does the dog track still have sky in the dog box? Could think of worse places to be tomorrow.
Hope the skip wins the toss

Derby Day is on Channel 7 and we certainly have a TV...
Extractor
Under 16s

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:47 pm

I see Bill Fuller has been smashing them in the 2s, surely he's better value than a couple of the bats currently in the 1s.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby norm11 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:08 pm

daysofourlives wrote:I see Bill Fuller has been smashing them in the 2s, surely he's better value than a couple of the bats currently in the 1s.

Unfortunately he misses the next couple of games. That could make it tough. He's been enjoying his time in the a 2 s with the Younger lads. Sandy traveling along well at the moment in all grade so no need to make changes.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:54 am

daysofourlives wrote:I see Bill Fuller has been smashing them in the 2s, surely he's better value than a couple of the bats currently in the 1s.

Gee, must be good to play for Lyndoch, 41 overs and they've only used two bowlers and they batted 3 and 6.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Useless » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:14 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Gee, must be good to play for Lyndoch, 41 overs and they've only used two bowlers and they batted 3 and 6.

Interesting game, huge win for Lyndoch if they can pinch a wicket. could be another out right result here I reckon.
Useless

Been liked: 8 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:28 pm

Useless wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Interesting game, huge win for Lyndoch if they can pinch a wicket. could be another out right result here I reckon.

Probably $1.90 each for first innings.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Slowey » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:17 pm

Pretty handy two's side on paper at the minute. Most of these guy's have been full time A grade players for Sandy over many years.
I couldn't imagine Norm or many other being too impressed with this.
Slowey

Postby norm11 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Slowey wrote:

Pretty handy two's side on paper at the minute. Most of these guy's have been full time A grade players for Sandy over many years.

Impressed with what??
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Postby Slowey » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:53 pm

norm11 wrote:
Slowey wrote:

Impressed with what??

Not playing A grade.
Slowey

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:04 pm

Slowey wrote:
norm11 wrote:
Slowey wrote:

Impressed with what??

Not playing A grade.

He's old and no good.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:09 pm

Slowey wrote:

Hands is injured and Fuller has to have next game off to recover[emoji3]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:15 pm

Bloody healthy for the club if you ask me, still got three blokes to come into the B grade and 1 into the A grade. Finally there is competition for spots throughout all grades. Plenty of blokes playing in grades they don't normally play in
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby norm11 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:18 pm

Slowey wrote:
norm11 wrote:
Slowey wrote:

Impressed with what??

Not playing A grade.

Hahaha. Part of it mate. Unfit, over weight. Great problem for the selectors. Happy to give them a headache when I'm available that is. I've made it easy for them the next two weeks being unavailable.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps