What Game Are You Playing Now?

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby HH3 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:10 am

Got Super Mega Baseball last night on PS4.

Arcade baseball game, that has very simulation like features. Customizable characters, stats and attributes are all realistic, coach hiring/firing.

I was a bit disappointed you can't edit the teams, to make your own leagues. Eg, I wanted to make the ABL. Other than that, its very entertaining, and for $15 with PS Plus, its a "steal"! ;)
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby HH3 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:04 am

Got back into The Crew.

I think they must've improved a fair bit with patches, because its way better now. Maybe its because I have some good cars. The handling is good, the sound and graphics seem better too.

I finished the story last night. I think it took about 11 hours gameplay all up.

Now to do some of the Faction stuff, try to get some top scores in skill missions, and find some car parts to unlock the hidden cars.

The Wild Run expansion comes out soon. Before yesterday, I couldn't have cared less. But after playing it again, I will definitely be getting the expansion.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:56 am

Feel like I'm talking to myself, but....

Bought (haven't paid yet) NBA2k15 off @johno6. Really wanted to try it out, without forking out $80 for the new one.

After seeing that high school and college teams were in the new one, going undrafted in 15 with no way to get ranked was a bit disappointing.

The way its done in 16 may be why I might eventually upgrade. I liked the old Maddens where you had the Draft Combine, NCAA Footballs high school season and MLB The Shows Showcase series where you play a few games to decide where you will be drafted.

Anyway. After realising I know very little about basketball positions and strategies, I got the hang of things. Now Im not doing too bad.

I was undrafted. Tried out for the New Orleans Pelicans at SG, and got signed to a 10 day contract. After the first two games, I was struggling, so dropped the difficulty to Rookie. The last three games went better, but my best game grade was a B.

I got offered another 10 day contract, and after top scoring in 4 of the 5 games, I was signed for the rest of the season.

Even though I was topping 20 points a game, my defense was pretty crap (got better as I went) and was still getting C+'s mostly.

The first game of my proper contract, I scored 24 points, including the go-ahead 3 pointer, and the match sealing 2. I finished with a C- but got player of the game. Go figure.

Anyway, really enjoying it. Basketball was one of my least favourite team sports, but now its growing on me.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:45 am

16 is better mate.
But more involved with getting to an nba team etc
My team is awesome too tho. Play that
And if you download the app and link it with psn account you get a cure vc that way which helps.
Also I'm selling bloodborne and the order if anyone is interested for ps4
I never play them so figured someone else may enjoy them
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby HH3 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:57 am

Picked up Fallout 4 yesterday. Traded 2 games and got it free.

Played for about 4 hours last night. Feels like Fallout 3, but the graphics and sound are much better obviously.

The crafting and building looks like its gonna add hours to the game. I spent 40 minutes knocking down buildings and putting up fences.

I reckon i nailed making my character too

I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:30 pm

I've given up on THPS 5, it's just poo, a big disappointment. Probably going to get the PS2 out of the cupboard and dust it off so I can get a decent fix on Tony Hawk's. Thinking I'm going to trade it in and get the new Star Wars Battlefront
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:49 am

bought Dead rising 2 on the psn, for something different... the short time I've played it, it seems enjoyable.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:31 pm

Gave GM Mode on NBA2k15 a crack last night.

It's times like this that I wish EA never got exclusive rights to the NFL.

This is the most in-depth GM mode I've played in any game (besides Football Manager on PC)

You can converse with everyone in your organisation. Eg, Assistant GM, Finance guy, Scouts, Head Coach, Fitness guy, all players.

Set prices for tickets, parking, jerseys, etc. I know Madden has this, but there's actually more of a point to it in 2K. As well as having on court objectives, you need to meet business objectives too. My current goals are to sell out 15 games, and make a certain profit over the course of the year.

I've set the ticket prices a couple of dollars lower to encourage more people to come, to get the sellout objective. On the flipside, I've raised concession and jersey prices a bit to balance it out a bit. Once I have the sellouts, I'll fiddle with it again. (then change some prices ;) )

So started with the Houston Rockets. Start on Rookie, 3 min qtrs, sim qtrs set to 3 mins so the stats match up.

Was 4-0 after the first 4. I won all of them comfortably, so bumped the difficulty up to Pro. First game took Miami to OT, and won by 4 points.

The next two games were against San Antonio and Golden State. Lost both of those. OT in the first one, smashed in the second. Gonna leave it on Pro, because they are good teams. If I get smashed by terrible teams, I might look to bump it back down to Rookie.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby the big bang » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:00 pm

it gets even better again in 2016 too mate. I know you've confessed that you don't know a lot about the NBA or bball in general, so this may not be the case for you, but I found it really easy to not only build a championship calibre team, and aquire a stupid amount of high draft picks to ensure I bought in young talent to stay at the top once my current stars started to decline. I think at one point in a season I won a ring, I had picks 1,2,4,5 and 7 or something like that. The first thing I noticed in 16 was that it was much tougher to do both those things. Anther new feature of 16 is you get to try relocate your franchise. Choose a new city from their list of about 20 places, design the stadium, uniforms, the whole lot. its a very, very cool game.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:47 am

@the big bang

Im pretty decent with the off-court stuff. Thats sometimes more important to me than the on-court stuff. This is the best game for it. Previously I thought MLBs office stuff was the best, but this takes the cake.

It was knowing what to do as an SF in My Player that had me stumped. I was always in the wrong spot and didn't know my assignment.

Now Im playing My GM, I've got it down pat, and I've made some moves.

As the Rockets GM, I have initiated a couple of trades.

OUT - D.Howard, T. Jones to the Jazz

IN- Favors, Gobert from the Jazz

Both like for like, very similar stats, the INs are younger than the OUTs, and I just halved the salary cap hit for those two positions.

Also brought in Andray Blatche who was a FA.

Working on McDaniels to try to get him as good as Harden so I can shop either of them around for picks in the future.

Currently 11-5. Beaten by the Spurs, Warriors, Thunder, Kings, (forget the fifth one).
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:25 pm

In GM mode do you also have to play the games or is it more like football manager where you watch the games or there simulated.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby HH3 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:48 pm

whufc wrote:In GM mode do you also have to play the games or is it more like football manager where you watch the games or there simulated.

You can play the games, or sim them. Its up to you.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:55 pm

HH3 wrote:
whufc wrote:In GM mode do you also have to play the games or is it more like football manager where you watch the games or there simulated.

You can play the games, or sim them. Its up to you.

Yeah personally i would sim them.

The GM mode would be irrelevant when i play because of how useless i am at the game, thats why i tend to like football managers for a gm/manager simulator.
whufc
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:05 am

I bought Bowl Bound College Football on Steam last night.

Its a text-based American Football sim. You take charge of any of the Div 1 teams (There are mods to import the Div 2 teams) and do pretty much everything.

If you love sports management games, like I know @the big bang does, you'll love this. Its pretty much the gridiron version of Football Manager.

You need to run the football program (game plans, depth charts, academic tutoring, etc) plus you need to recruit high school players as well.

You can set game plans and then sim or you can run the team during the game. There's no 3D graphics, but the ticker, and the play-by-play description works pretty well.

I only got through 2 games in about 2 hours, because I called every single play. But it didn't feel like it took that long, and I don't like simming in any game.

Game 1 - UTEP Vs Akron

I blew Akron out, with a 20 point win.

Game 2 - UTEP - 16 Vs New Mexico - 14

This game came down a UTEP FG with 6 seconds remaining.

I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:29 pm

Looks good mate, how much???
whufc
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:01 am

ive started playing Batman Arkham Knight again on the Knightmare difficulty. How easy is the start with all the gadgets. Some bits have taken me a while for instances where you fight a lot of bad guys at one time. Bit harder when you don't have the buttons on the screen and when to counter anymore :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:10 am

whufc wrote:Looks good mate, how much???

It was $10 USD, so about $14.

That was 50% off. Dunno if that deals still going.

Since then, I've downloaded mods from the developers forum and got the real team logos and helmets.

You need to download mods if you care about realism., otherwise the team names aren't right. Eg, Texas A & M Coyotes (instead of Aggies).

The only thing is I can't find a roster file, so all of the players are made up. Doesn't really matter once you're 4 years in. But at the start it would be good to have the real rosters. I don't think it'll happen though after what happened with EA Sports and the NCAA for NCAA Football.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:19 pm

mighty hounds wrote:ive started playing Batman Arkham Knight again on the Knightmare difficulty. How easy is the start with all the gadgets. Some bits have taken me a while for instances where you fight a lot of bad guys at one time. Bit harder when you don't have the buttons on the screen and when to counter anymore [emoji38]

Yeah it's pretty hard to get countering right without the pop up sometimes. Makes you use all your gadgets more and the Fear Multi Takedown is a god send in some circumstances.

I purchased the Robin and Catwoman storypacks the other day, I do like the storypacks as they extend the gameplay a little bit more. The Robin one was pretty good, haven't played the Catwoman one yet.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:17 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:ive started playing Batman Arkham Knight again on the Knightmare difficulty. How easy is the start with all the gadgets. Some bits have taken me a while for instances where you fight a lot of bad guys at one time. Bit harder when you don't have the buttons on the screen and when to counter anymore [emoji38]

Yeah it's pretty hard to get countering right without the pop up sometimes. Makes you use all your gadgets more and the Fear Multi Takedown is a god send in some circumstances.

I purchased the Robin and Catwoman storypacks the other day, I do like the storypacks as they extend the gameplay a little bit more. The Robin one was pretty good, haven't played the Catwoman one yet.

Yeh it would be good if they went longer though. Played cat women the other day. It's pretty good I enjoyed it.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby BZB27 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:09 am

Brought fallout 4 yesterday didnt get around to playing it though, so when i get home from work ill be smashing it out.

First time playing any fallout game
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets