Salisbury
11%
Westminster OS
14%

Total votes : 85

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Postby jo172 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:51 am

beef wrote:
Pag wrote:FWIW, we were unofficially told that Townies would be put in Div 3, then there was a backflip.

Come on Pag, lets not start dealing with facts. Thats not how this site works. Salisbury are just soft cowards and every other teams grading was all because salisbury took the easy option.

Being "unofficially told" at one stage is justification for taking the easy option after being officially given the choice?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Boosh » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:56 am

beef wrote:
Pag wrote:FWIW, we were unofficially told that Townies would be put in Div 3, then there was a backflip.

Come on Pag, lets not start dealing with facts. Thats not how this site works. Salisbury are just soft cowards and every other teams grading was all because salisbury took the easy option.

Are you suggesting Salisbury took the Div 4 option on the understanding that it would be nice and easy for them but the appearance of Edwardstown has jeopardised this slightly?
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:34 pm

Boosh wrote:
beef wrote:

Are you suggesting Salisbury took the Div 4 option on the understanding that it would be nice and easy for them but the appearance of Edwardstown has jeopardised this slightly?

Whoops...
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby wonder_kid » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:18 pm

Sailsbury = glory hunters case closed!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby superboot7 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:26 pm

Sooooooo I'm now a D grader and footy is a heap of fun...... But seriously...., what the fu@k is going on these days?????

All my A grade years were played like this........( now this is really complicated stuff)

Grand finalists went UP, bottom 2 went....... Wait for it......DOWN!

Now I can't see 2 much of a fuc$en issue with that!
superboot7
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby wonder_kid » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:24 pm

Saafl did this when they let brahma go down to div 5!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:52 pm

who cares if salisbury stay in dvi 4 if they think a flag is gonna just be spoon fed to them next year should be in for a rude shock

wonder if the board will think its a win for them when they dont play finals next year.......

i will call it early SALISBURY not to make the finals
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby BZB27 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:28 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:who cares if salisbury stay in dvi 4 if they think a flag is gonna just be spoon fed to them next year should be in for a rude shock

wonder if the board will think its a win for them when they dont play finals next year.......

i will call it early SALISBURY not to make the finals

Round down the street naked again if you wrong ;)
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:43 pm

You mean run down the street naked twice.

He still has to do the first one yet.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby BZB27 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:31 pm

Footy Chick wrote:You mean run down the street naked twice.

He still has to do the first one yet.

He will run a lap of houghton when you come out ;)
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby jaykay13 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:56 am

Seriously how can anyone be favourites at this stage when no one knows how well anyone has recruited or what clubs have lost. Going on last year, its going to be a very open league.
jaykay13
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:01 am

True, but you would be very naive to think Edwardstown aren't going to be anything less than a formidable opponent and deserve the favourites tag. This is a club who before going to the SFL were an Amateur League powerhouse and consistent performers in the highest divisions. For what ever internal reasons this didn't translate to the SFL but I'm with Zed, some information I have suggests that they are going to be very strong.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby jo172 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:59 am

So what does this all this say to those who want the league to have an prescribed entry point of Division 5 for new clubs ?
Based on the most recent two years you’d say, Brighton to Division 2 at worst 3, Blackwood 3, Morphie Park 4 or 5 and Marion – 5 maybe even 6. The odds of it happening are slim given Brighton and Blackwood had the opportunity served on a plate in the last two years to take spots in Division 3 but didn’t so if I was a betting man, I reckon the order will be Marion then Morphie Park and then if the other two ever jumped, Brighton then Blackwood

Let’s be real, there are probably only 3 or 4 clubs who would even think about joining the league being Brighton, Blackwood, Marion and Morphie Park.
I reckon the league will go with something like
1. That if a new club is admitted to The League, the 8th, 9th and 10th placed teams will be relegated in all divisions below the division in which the League has graded the new club providing the 8th place club has not won more than 5 matches in the previous season
2. But the event the 8th place club has won 6 or more matches in the previous season, only 9th and 10th placed teams will be relegated but only the Premier will be promoted from the lower division to the higher division.

Hey presto, we might even restore a culture where clubs take their opportunity to go up rather than sandbagging.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:10 am

jo172 wrote:So what does this all this say to those who want the league to have an prescribed entry point of Division 5 for new clubs ?

Who are all these people?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Pag » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:13 am

Boosh wrote:
beef wrote:

I didn't actually make the comment about Salisbury, I was referring to why Edwardstown were placed in Div 4. The league pencilled them in D3, got some more feedback from down south, and then decided to place them in D4.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Minion Master » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:36 am

jaykay13 wrote:Seriously how can anyone be favourites at this stage when no one knows how well anyone has recruited or what clubs have lost. Going on last year, its going to be a very open league.

you would have to say a side losing the GF by minimal margin and staying in the Div would not necessarily be favourites but should figure in the top 5 as well as strong performers from the previous years top 5 so are predictions only but top 5 around the mark should be Salisbury, Edwardstown, North Haven, Eastern Park and then contenders for 5th would be Pooraka, Westminster and new comers trying to stay in 4 and remaining 2 sides obviously hoping to improve on this year and aim higher.
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:02 am

wonder_kid wrote:Saafl did this when they let brahma go down to div 5!

And history will suggest saafl knew exactly what they were doing because they had all the information. Even letting them into Division 5 didn’t save them from relegation to Div 6 and they were 1 win from relegation to Division 7 this year. It’s not like they went to Div 5 and won a flag so hardly apples for apples. What happened to Brahma resulted in a new rule of 3 player limit from one club to another state wide too

As keen as I wasn't on it at the time, the reality is the brahma thing was another chapter in the “beware Div 4 clubs going to Div 3’ book…….Kilburn, Salisbury West, and now Salisbury. Saafl should have had the power to say no to Salisbury based on below

Salisbury A grade played in grand Final and lost by two points.
Salisbury B grade went through the season undefeated winning a flag
Salisbury C grade won 7 matches (no forfeits) in C2
Salisbury have an U 18 team

Seaton Finished 9th (bottom) in the A grade and won 2 matches
Seaton B grade won 1 match
Seaton C grade won 5 matches in C3 (3 by forfeit) and forfeited 4/5 times themselves.
Seaton do not have an U18 team

if it was an application to stay down as against a right, there is no way Seaton should be in Division 3 over Salisbury.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby wonder_kid » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:01 pm

True with brahma struggling but clubs can go hard for a flag for a couple of years knowing when players leave or money runs out they can pretty much go back to where they started and do it all over again. For me thats just rediculous !
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby wonder_kid » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:03 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:Saafl did this when they let brahma go down to div 5!

And history will suggest saafl knew exactly what they were doing because they had all the information. Even letting them into Division 5 didn’t save them from relegation to Div 6 and they were 1 win from relegation to Division 7 this year. It’s not like they went to Div 5 and won a flag so hardly apples for apples. What happened to Brahma resulted in a new rule of 3 player limit from one club to another state wide too

As keen as I wasn't on it at the time, the reality is the brahma thing was another chapter in the “beware Div 4 clubs going to Div 3’ book…….Kilburn, Salisbury West, and now Salisbury. Saafl should have had the power to say no to Salisbury based on below

Salisbury A grade played in grand Final and lost by two points.
Salisbury B grade went through the season undefeated winning a flag
Salisbury C grade won 7 matches (no forfeits) in C2
Salisbury have an U 18 team

Seaton Finished 9th (bottom) in the A grade and won 2 matches
Seaton B grade won 1 match
Seaton C grade won 5 matches in C3 (3 by forfeit) and forfeited 4/5 times themselves.
Seaton do not have an U18 team

if it was an application to stay down as against a right, there is no way Seaton should be in Division 3 over Salisbury.

At least seaton have the nuts to play the higher div rather then come fown to 4 and do alot better i commend that behaviour!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:10 pm

As long as you approve, that's the main thing. ;)

Footy Chick

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League