7%
SMOSH West Lakes
4%
St Peters OC
7%

Total votes : 46

Re: CH9AFL Division 2 2016

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:52 am

The Big Shrek wrote:How about using that $30k to fix the shitheap oval?

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Jetters » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:54 am

Sass! wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:
oyster wrote:At the Modbury sports club tonight for a meeting

Listening to their recruits from some footy people. Stanton back from Freeling and some ruckman called Gear from Pooraka plus others and also 4 or 5 from Gaza coming to play there. The locals seemed confident.

Didn't the council bail out the sports club last week for $30,000 so are players coming back for the love of the club?

The Sporting Club and Football club are run somewhat separately, we feed money into them for the upkeep of facilities etc. and the football club only gets a certain percentage of bar takings and the likes. I don't fully understand it all but if you are implying that we would use bail out money to pay for players I think you will find that cash went to the new veranda, major renovations downstairs including a new kitchen..

Stanton had made it clear that he missed Modbury and the lads a fair bit last season and I was always confident he would come back. One of the reasons we didn't retain him last season is because he didn't want to take money from the club to stay. I guess you need to be a part of the culture to fully understand it. Until then, feel free to make assumptions.

Weird that you still leave then.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Sass! » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:15 pm

Huge amounts have been spent on the drainage in the past couple of years and its improved vastly in comparison to what it once was.. but as the season goes on and you have 24 junior sides, 2 women's sides and 6 senior sides playing and training on it, the constant foot traffic starts to do some real damage to the deck. Its fine though, I wouldn't expect someone from a club with 50 registered players to be able to comprehend what constant foot traffic can do to an oval.

thanks for the advice though
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Boosh » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:42 pm

Sass! wrote:

Huge amounts have been spent on the drainage in the past couple of years and its improved vastly in comparison to what it once was.. but as the season goes on and you have 24 junior sides, 2 women's sides and 6 senior sides playing and training on it, the constant foot traffic starts to do some real damage to the deck. Its fine though, I wouldn't expect someone from a club with 50 registered players to be able to comprehend what constant foot traffic can do to an oval.

That's not fair their oval gets plenty of use from the local communities playing foot-volleyball? or soccer-volleyball? or whatever it is once that foreign aussie rules football game is finished on Saturday's.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:01 pm

Sass! wrote:

I played their last year in round 12 on a day when it pissed down at times and its the best I had seen the oval in years. Enjoyed a few tins next to the caravan that day after our game. Always a good day out at Modbury.

Got one of the worst sledges ever out there in 98 maybe 99 from memory. When playing for Walkies some cretin lost the plot as the Hawks were copping a hiding and he yelled at me your just another college poofter like all them other Walkerville college poofters. I mentioned to him that Walkerville was not a college team whilst trying to control fits of laughter. Not sure he believed me :oops:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby Fricky » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:35 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Sass! wrote:

I played their last year in round 12 on a day when it pissed down at times and its the best I had seen the oval in years. Enjoyed a few tins next to the caravan that day after our game. Always a good day out at Modbury.

Got one of the worst sledges ever out there in 98 maybe 99 from memory. When playing for Walkies some cretin lost the plot as the Hawks were copping a hiding and he yelled at me your just another college poofter like all them other Walkerville college poofters. I mentioned to him that Walkerville was not a college team whilst trying to control fits of laughter. Not sure he believed me :oops:

Unfortunately we still get those sledges from time to time :roll:
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby jo172 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:48 pm

Suri wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
Sass! wrote:

Unfortunately we still get those sledges from time to time :roll:

To be fair, i watched a Walkerville juniors game this year where 4 or 5 of the team was literally wearing their St Peters College guernsey as a Walkerville guernsey
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:08 pm

Wristy that doesn't mean the players aren't college poofs.

Sass Modbury is a shit hole, shit heap deck, wet stinky changerooms. Should ask for $3mil to knock the dung heap down and start again.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Fricky » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:17 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:Wristy that doesn't mean the players aren't college poofs.

Sass Modbury is a shit hole, shit heap deck, wet stinky changerooms. Should ask for $3mil to knock the dung heap down and start again.

Ease up Shrek, not all our players went to a private college ;)
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby jo172 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:33 pm

Suri wrote:

Would have thought you'd have sympathy for residential college poofs Shrek?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:02 pm

jo172 wrote:
Suri wrote:

Would have thought you'd have sympathy for residential college poofs Shrek?

Nope, friggin hate them.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Wasim1 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:51 am

I hear on the Chinese whisper trail that the Greedy Duo have signed at Broadview.

That will be a let down after the big coin they were donated by Jervois, unless of course there is a 'White Knight' at Poltawa Tce.
Wasim1
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:26 pm

Wasim1 wrote:I hear on the Chinese whisper trail that the Greedy Duo have signed at Broadview.

That will be a let down after the big coin they were donated by Jervois, unless of course there is a 'White Knight' at Poltawa Tce.

As passionate as I am about the football in Jervois can you just name the bloody names of the players so this post means something to us city folk
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby Minion Master » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:22 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Wasim1 wrote:I hear on the Chinese whisper trail that the Greedy Duo have signed at Broadview.

As passionate as I am about the football in Jervois can you just name the bloody names of the players so this post means something to us city folk

yeh, secret squirrel went off air years ago!
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby Demon Juke » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:51 pm

Maybe they think they are a more of a chance for a flag out at Broadview than Jervois.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Q. » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:37 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Q. wrote:Luke Copley to Broadies.

really? :-s

Apparently got a better offer at Echunga.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby TIRED TIGER » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:19 pm

Q he certainly did get a better offer from Echunga cos he never got one from us.
TIRED TIGER
Reserves

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Q. » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:14 pm

TIRED TIGER wrote:Q he certainly did get a better offer from Echunga cos he never got one from us.

Haha, good point , I blame my original source.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Listening to their recruits from some footy people. Stanton back from Freeling and some ruckman called Gear from Pooraka plus others and also 4 or 5 from Gaza coming to play there. The locals seemed confident.

Gear has signed at Pooraka.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby S Demon » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:05 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Gear has signed at Pooraka.

*Geer
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League