Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:08 am

"TOP draft prospect Charlie Curnow spent the night at a Geelong police station last night after refusing a breath test. He was released about 6am today but the incident could force clubs to think twice about recruiting him."

Not very clever...but someone will still draft him
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:10 am

Mr Beefy wrote:"TOP draft prospect Charlie Curnow spent the night at a Geelong police station last night after refusing a breath test. He was released about 6am today but the incident could force clubs to think twice about recruiting him."

Should slip through to pick 15 now where Hodgey can straighten him out
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Magellan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:11 am

Mr Beefy wrote:"TOP draft prospect Charlie Curnow spent the night at a Geelong police station last night after refusing a breath test. He was released about 6am today but the incident could force clubs to think twice about recruiting him."

Did he just refuse to blow in the bag, or was he also DUI?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:12 am

Magellan wrote:

Did he just refuse to blow in the bag, or was he also DUI?

Well if he refused you can safely assume he was DUI, yes?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:45 am

Booney wrote:Well if he refused you can safely assume he was DUI, yes?

Of course, and it's a fair assumption to make, but I wouldn't necessarily say it was a safe or conclusive one.

Curnow might've thought he was DUI (but of course he cannot know this because DUI is determined by the result of a breath test (and a subsequent blood test IIRC?)) so he dodges the test, which is a daft thing to do because it is an offense in its own right. Once he's been informed of that fact by the cops presumably he eventually took a test, possibly after some ill-advised hoo-ha and carry on (hence the night in the clink), which could've showed that he was under the limit, and thus not DUI. Therefore the only wrong thing would've been his test refusal.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:13 pm

Magellan wrote:

Of course, and it's a fair assumption to make, but I wouldn't necessarily say it was a safe or conclusive one.

Curnow might've thought he was DUI (but of course he cannot know this because DUI is determined by the result of a breath test (and a subsequent blood test IIRC?)) so he dodges the test, which is a daft thing to do because it is an offense in its own right. Once he's been informed of that fact by the cops presumably he eventually took a test, possibly after some ill-advised hoo-ha and carry on (hence the night in the clink), which could've showed that he was under the limit, and thus not DUI. Therefore the only wrong thing would've been his test refusal.

I'd say he would still be on P / P1 / P2 ( not sure how it works in Vic. ) meaning he needs to be 0.0 anyway.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:17 pm

Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:

I'd say he would still be on P / P1 / P2 ( not sure how it works in Vic. ) meaning he needs to be 0.0 anyway.

Yes, agreed.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:01 pm

Booney wrote:I'd say he would still be on P / P1 / P2 ( not sure how it works in Vic. ) meaning he needs to be 0.0 anyway.

P1 I'd say Boon, P155ed!
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5486 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brodlach » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:30 pm

If you refuse a test I believe you are automatically put in the high range level
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby CoverKing » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:04 pm

Brodlach wrote:If you refuse a test I believe you are automatically put in the high range level

In SA, that is correct pretty much. Dont get your car impounded though by refusing.
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby CoverKing » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:06 pm

Magellan wrote:

Incorrect, DUI is based solely on the police officers observations, in SA anyway. Driving over the limit, exceed prescribed concentration of alcohol is on a breath test and/or blood test.

My guess is he has spent that extended period time in the cells because he was drunk and they can't release him until he is sober and capable of looking after himself.
CoverKing
Coach

Postby Magellan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:40 am

CoverKing wrote:Incorrect, DUI is based solely on the police officers observations, in SA anyway. Driving over the limit, exceed prescribed concentration of alcohol is on a breath test and/or blood test.

Yes, CoverKing's right, there is a difference.

I should've said 'driving while having prescribed concentration of alcohol in blood', for which the police would need evidence via a breath test/blood test.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Psyber » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:29 pm

Magellan wrote:
CoverKing wrote:Incorrect, DUI is based solely on the police officers observations, in SA anyway. Driving over the limit, exceed prescribed concentration of alcohol is on a breath test and/or blood test.

I should've said 'driving while having prescribed concentration of alcohol in blood', for which the police would need evidence via a breath test/blood test.

I assume that should proscribed meaning forbidden rather than prescribed indicating required - or is this a very advanced and liberal state? ;)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby CoverKing » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:08 pm

Psyber wrote:
Magellan wrote:

I assume that should proscribed meaning forbidden rather than prescribed indicating required - or is this a very advanced and liberal state? ;)

No, it is prescribed concentration of alcohol
CoverKing
Coach

Postby GWW » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:17 am

Looking forward to main draft, tomorrow.

Hoping from a Port perspective that some highly regarded players drop to the 30s & beyond.

Crows will be keen to get some quality with their 2 first round picks. I reckon they'll probably go for 1 local (Bonner?) and one from interstate.

Westies likely to have a high number taken again.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby CoverKing » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:47 am

Crows to take Milera and Burton if both available I reckon.
Unless Francis somehow makes it to crows first pick they'll take him
CoverKing
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:53 am

I feel sorry for picks 1 and 2 tomorrow.

Both talented kids, I'm sure, but the chances of them having long successful careers is over before they even start. I mean, Carlton and Brisbane, sure, it might be long, but successful?

I suppose they can at least be hopeful of being traded in 2 years with both clubs recent track records. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:17 pm

Booney wrote:I feel sorry for picks 1 and 2 tomorrow.

Both talented kids, I'm sure, but the chances of them having long successful careers is over before they even start. I mean, Carlton and Brisbane, sure, it might be long, but successful?

I suppose they can at least be hopeful of being traded in 2 years with both clubs recent track records. :lol:

Agreed. You'd hope (as a supporter) their screening process of each recruit has concentrated on the personality of the player and if they would be willing to stick around during the hard times.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby GWW » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:20 pm

Schache as a link to the Lions through his late father and is reportedly keen to go there, but obviously things can change in 2 or 3 years.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Q. » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:42 pm

If they're any good they'll have long careers.

There's no reason that Carlton and Brisbane won't have worked their way back to the top 4 in 8-10 years time.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL