Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby OnSong » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:27 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
OnSong wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:Has there been an official statement or release from the APFL board about the acceptance of the Angle Vale for 2016 and beyond?

Not yet

I think everyone knows that AV are in norm11. I wondered if the league had released an official statement outlining the outcome of the vote.

That's right. There hasn't been an official statement released yet. But the CFL has confirmed the club's inclusion.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby OnSong » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:29 pm

But in breaking news, a club has lodged an appeal against the decision, which will need to be sorted next week.
OnSong
Coach

Postby norm11 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:31 pm

OnSong wrote:But in breaking news, a club has lodged an appeal against the decision, which will need to be sorted next week.

Let me guess. Balaklava
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:37 pm

OnSong wrote:But in breaking news, a club has lodged an appeal against the decision, which will need to be sorted next week.

Phones have been running off the hook the last half hour. Gonna be a big weekend! :lol:
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:41 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
OnSong wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:Has there been an official statement or release from the APFL board about the acceptance of the Angle Vale for 2016 and beyond?

Not yet

I think everyone knows that AV are in norm11. I wondered if the league had released an official statement outlining the outcome of the vote.

I think they are still trying to work through all of the conditions.
One of the conditions I overheard them working through was that norm now owes me 2 cartons of Super Dry for taking over 4 years to pay it. A six pack fine per year! :D
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby OnSong » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:43 pm

norm11 wrote:

Let me guess. Balaklava

Angle Vale after seeing Hamley Bridge have re-signed Zackary Zilm.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Nighthawk » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:47 pm

norm11 wrote:

Let me guess. Balaklava

Virginia has changed its mind again LOL flip flop why wuld Angle vale want to join this comp? stupid
Nighthawk
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby norm11 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:00 pm

OnSong wrote:
norm11 wrote:

Let me guess. Balaklava

Angle Vale after seeing Hamley Bridge have re-signed Zackary Zilm.

Hahaha. Yep we tried our hardest to get him but couldn't match there offer of a plains producer vote at the end of the year.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby OnSong » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:02 pm

Who knows what dark deals were done to get him that vote.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Snags » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:30 pm

Kreig to be a player/coach at the Tigers and has brought some players with him. Can you confirm mythical creature?
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby OnSong » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:43 pm

Snags wrote:Kreig to be a player/coach at the Tigers and has brought some players with him. Can you confirm mythical creature?

Krieg flagged that he would try to play. Think he's mid 30s
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:45 am

Snags wrote:Kreig to be a player/coach at the Tigers and has brought some players with him. Can you confirm mythical creature?

I met Matt at meet the coach night on Friday night. Said he intends to try and play, however he hasn't played for 3 or 4 years so I wouldn't be expecting much.
As for players, I have no idea, but as with every club in every season I would expect some players to be coming in and some players to be going out. Probably find out for sure in March / April when we start playing.
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:05 am

The Bunyip suggested that Angle Vale and APFL were expecting to hear of the SACFL's decision by the end of this week. Any news?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:58 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:The Bunyip suggested that Angle Vale and APFL were expecting to hear of the SACFL's decision by the end of this week. Any news?

Why would it take so long? Edwardstown's one was pretty much rubber-stamped straight away.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:36 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:The Bunyip suggested that Angle Vale and APFL were expecting to hear of the SACFL's decision by the end of this week. Any news?

Why would it take so long? Edwardstown's one was pretty much rubber-stamped straight away.

WTF is it any of the CFL's business anyway, surely leagues decide if its best for them, just another example of the dictatorship that is the CFL
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:51 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

WTF is it any of the CFL's business anyway, surely leagues decide if its best for them, just another example of the dictatorship that is the CFL

Yeah lets pull the CFL out of everything and see how far country football gets, hey, sorry but stick with your cricket dictatorship
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:27 am

When you realize the CFL does nothing for country footy you'll be at peace with the world again.
Mallala to find out all about dictatorship this week, just turn up and play and there's no issue, pea hearts
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:08 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Yeah lets pull the CFL out of everything and see how far country football gets, hey, sorry but stick with your cricket dictatorship

For a different forum but not sure about a dictatorship when every other club will agree you did the wrong thing.
As for the AV situation, if the APFL and AV are happy with the arrangement that's all that should matter, not sure why the clowns at the SACFL would have to stick their nose in
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby OnSong » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:25 pm

It was just a constitutional requirement that a CFL investigative committee looks into it, as they do with every other club changing leagues etc.

And it was confirmed about 10 days ago. Play on.
OnSong
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:16 pm

[Why would it take so long? Edwardstown's one was pretty much rubber-stamped straight away.[/quote]

WTF is it any of the CFL's business anyway, surely leagues decide if its best for them, just another example of the dictatorship that is the CFL[/quote]
Yeah lets pull the CFL out of everything and see how far country football gets, hey, sorry but stick with your cricket dictatorship[/quote]
For a different forum but not sure about a dictatorship when every other club will agree you did the wrong thing. Please explain????????????????, Jim-would like to know more.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy