HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby Monica » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:18 pm

Every post by RAMS seems to be be defending their recruits, saying they're there for the right reasons, not for the coin and great around the club blah blah blah

Yet someone with a fair idea about goings on and/or has a lot to do with goings on, was overheard at a Mt Barker restaurant bragging about how much they're spending and how much some individuals are getting per game. If some of those numbers were remotely near the mark I'd be a real club person too. I'd be there 5 nights a week helping with trainings, meals, cleaning, mowing the oval by hand, hell I'd even put a bit of coin away each week to hire a scraper at the end of the season to level the joint out.

Then again, that bloke could've been ill informed or just making it up to sound big. But I do have a giggle to myself everytime I see a RAMS post about recruits and think back to that overheard McRestaurant conversation
Monica
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby RAMS » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:13 am

Just trying to advise the ill informed.

When it comes to individual player payments there's only two that deal with the finer details and one of those is me so I do get protective when comments are made. Not saying we don't spend money, we definitely do but we also don't try and hide the fact. What we do well thou is develop our juniors and top up with players that we feel we need to continue improving both on and off he field.

Our AGM is 24 November and it will be available for all to see. Proud of my Club, proud of who we recruit, a wonderful coaching department and a junior program developing local talent which will hold us well for years to come.
RAMS

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Milly » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:52 am

RAMS wrote:
Milly wrote:
2old2slow wrote:magoo the new coxy thought he might have ended up at kersbrook with his mate millsy

Obviously thinks money is more important than playing in a premiership with his mates

How wrong you are.

C'mon RAMS give us the real reason then. You don't reckon Millsy, Ebo, Apples and others wouldn't have tried to get Magoo to Kersbrook after Onkas gave him the flick? Kersbrook is a lot closer to Golden Grove than Nairne as well ;)

It appears Nairne are greater than Kersbrook at something. Unfortunately though it appears Kersbrook are better than Nairne at winning flags
Under 16s

Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby 2old2slow » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:17 am

strong rumour coming from kersbrook that a recently delisted north melbbourne player may be going to play with his brother. if this is so may as well give the old fellas the flag now. (the other clubs better hope centrals are prepared to outbid wwt)
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:11 am

2old2slow wrote:strong rumour coming from kersbrook that a recently delisted north melbbourne player may be going to play with his brother. if this is so may as well give the old fellas the flag now. (the other clubs better hope centrals are prepared to outbid wwt)

Scott McMahon I assume

Why do people try to talk in riddles here? Just say the name.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Bustarhyme » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:50 am

Geez given McGahey a fair whack there Milly. I take it you know him well?? Im not saying I'm best mates with him but to say he's chasing coin and not a flag is absolutely ridiculous mate. Knowing him as I do I can guarantee he has approached every season of his footy journey preparing himself and sharing his experience and knowledge with his team mates with the goal of winning a gf. Unfortunately for him and the clubs that have had him on board haven't got there yet but you never know the Rams may be the group that he gets it done with. Guarantee his mates at Kersbrook haven't sat back and thought of him as a coin chaser. They know along with the other signings the Rams will be ultra competitive. Good luck to all teams in the Hills League I think it's brilliant that quality blokes and players are staying in the league and sharing their experience from the highest level.
Bustarhyme
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby Milly » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:38 am

Bustarhyme wrote:Geez given McGahey a fair whack there Milly. I take it you know him well?? Im not saying I'm best mates with him but to say he's chasing coin and not a flag is absolutely ridiculous mate. Knowing him as I do I can guarantee he has approached every season of his footy journey preparing himself and sharing his experience and knowledge with his team mates with the goal of winning a gf. Unfortunately for him and the clubs that have had him on board haven't got there yet but you never know the Rams may be the group that he gets it done with. Guarantee his mates at Kersbrook haven't sat back and thought of him as a coin chaser. They know along with the other signings the Rams will be ultra competitive. Good luck to all teams in the Hills League I think it's brilliant that quality blokes and players are staying in the league and sharing their experience from the highest level.

Sure about that? Then why doesn't he join them? Just from looking from the outside some big thing$ happening at Nairne. Good luck to them. Worked for TV eventually
Under 16s

Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby backdoor » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:10 pm

Milly wrote:
Bustarhyme wrote:Geez given McGahey a fair whack there Milly. I take it you know him well?? Im not saying I'm best mates with him but to say he's chasing coin and not a flag is absolutely ridiculous mate. Knowing him as I do I can guarantee he has approached every season of his footy journey preparing himself and sharing his experience and knowledge with his team mates with the goal of winning a gf. Unfortunately for him and the clubs that have had him on board haven't got there yet but you never know the Rams may be the group that he gets it done with. Guarantee his mates at Kersbrook haven't sat back and thought of him as a coin chaser. They know along with the other signings the Rams will be ultra competitive. Good luck to all teams in the Hills League I think it's brilliant that quality blokes and players are staying in the league and sharing their experience from the highest level.

Sure about that? Then why doesn't he join them? Just from looking from the outside some big thing$ happening at Nairne. Good luck to them. Worked for TV eventually

Maybe because his good mate Ebert has gone, Apples is a flog and the list is getting old.... Just say'n!
backdoor
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times

Postby wonder_kid » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:21 am

Any teams started pre season yet?
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby number2 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:24 am

Kangarilla started yet? They might need to after only winning 3 games last year.
Is Baldock bringing any big recruits besides yourself Wonder_kid
number2

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Vincent Vega » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:29 am

number2 wrote:Kangarilla started yet? They might need to after only winning 3 games last year.
Is Baldock bringing any big recruits besides yourself Wonder_kid

I have heard a couple of Kenilworth players have gone to Kangy with Shane. No real surprises though.
Any comment Wonder_kid
Vincent Vega

Been liked: 1 time

Postby wonder_kid » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:55 pm

a few recruits from the kooks! especially me haha. its all about improvement for the footy club and that's what we will do . started with good numbers on the track
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby B-Train35 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:33 pm

Any truth to the rumour that sedan is looking to join the RIFL?
B-Train35
Mini-League

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby wonder_kid » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:13 pm

ive heard the same rumour mate
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:11 pm

B-Train35 wrote:Any truth to the rumour that sedan is looking to join the RIFL?

How would they go trying to get a junior team up?

If they stay in the HFL are they going to be put in Div 3?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby NSP » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:05 am

Gums started pre season last night any news on any recruits other than the rumour of dyl McIver returning from Elizabeth and mansells services not being retained?
NSP

Postby Robran » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:00 am

NSP wrote:Gums started pre season last night any news on any recruits other than the rumour of dyl McIver returning from Elizabeth and mansells services not being retained?

3 big recruits from eliz in Mciver ,olewenski and Taylor very handy players.
Mciver top 3 finish B&F and capt this year
Ollie B&F 2014 and r/u 2015
Taylor B&F 2015
Mciver and Ollie very good mids both have good strengths and can go forward and hit the scoreboard.
Taylor smart around goals great work rate and so strong it ain't funny.
Donners would be happy to have these aboard.
Last edited by Robran on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby wonder_kid » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:21 am

Handy players for sure!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby Kick'n Back » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:58 pm

They will need to be pretty good because they were pathetic last year
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby WingerFC » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:23 am

Robran wrote:
NSP wrote:Gums started pre season last night any news on any recruits other than the rumour of dyl McIver returning from Elizabeth and mansells services not being retained?

3 big recruits from eliz in Mciver ,olewenski and Taylor very handy players.
Mciver top 3 finish B&F and capt this year
Ollie B&F 2014 and r/u 2015
Taylor B&F 2015
Mciver and Ollie very good mids both have good strengths and can go forward and hit the scoreboard.
Taylor smart around goals great work rate and so strong it ain't funny.
Donners would be happy to have these aboard.

They will be very handy for Gums. Unfortunately unless they can get some of their good locals back they wont help much. These guys would be familiar with Kersbrook having played against them in previous yrs trial games and they had better team mates around them at Elizabeth and found the going tough then.
WingerFC
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy