7%
West Croydon
32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby The Bedge » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:28 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:No one should get paid anything in this division or any other division. But that would be a non-realistic dream. I know that payments will never cease. Especially in the higher divisions. But this is div 6. C'mon guys. Really. Paying blokes to win a premiership in div 6. Invest your money properly.

Please, enlighten us Lord Saviour of football? How would you invest your money? How would you attract players to your club - and then how would you manage to retain the really good players as your side gets pumped week in week out?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:39 am

Invest the money in a few ways. For example: Develop a junior grade system, up-grade your facilities, invest in ways to attract people in your area or surrounding areas to come to your club (other than offering them a financial option.). Why do you need to offer $$$ to attract players to your club? You know the ones that do tend to leave after a few years. And spending $$$ to those players doesn't guarantee you a premiership either. Like I said it's div 6. Not div 1. And I live around the corner from Ingle Farm football club and they have pretty awesome facilities and a good junior program. So if you can't keep players or attract players to your club. Then there must be something you are doing wrong.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:51 am

Okay.. I'll use Ingle Farm as my example to reply to your suggestions.

The IFFC is part of a sporting club made up of various sports - darts, netball, basketball, cricket, junior football, 8-ball, golf, fishing - the sporting club overseas all programs and facility management is maintained and upgraded by the sporting club out of a separate set of funds - not impacted in anyway by how much money each member program may have in their account.. so save our money and it just sits in the bank for a rainy day.

In terms of developing a junior program, Ingle Farm have a reasonable junior structure which is growing - also it is run separate to Senior footy with a separate bank account and budgets. Our junior football is extremely good and building up funds, which in return they pump straight back into junior football and the kids through equipment, merchandise, end of season presentations, xmas shows etc. etc. Once again, any money raised or earned by the senior football does not impact junior football and what they're doing.

We have a group of private sponsors who are apart of the "Farmers Forever" group - they pay $10 a week which goes directly to senior football to utilise how we see fit, we also have a large number of sponsors who help us to field our 3x senior teams + women's team each season. From these funds we set our footy budget and make sure our bills are covered, balls are bought, jumpers etc are sorted.. the remainder of the money is ours to use as we choose.

We don't need to offer $$ to attract players, but it's definitely a handy position to be in SHOULD WE NEED TO - as it is, all our funds are pumped back into our junior footballers coming through to seniors to make the transition easier and encourage them to stay.

We are a not for profit organisation, there is no value in us building up a war chest of money to sit in the bank, we spend what we need, keep some reserves and the rest is there to be spent.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:53 am

I'll also add that over past decade or whatever, we have upgraded our facilities:
*The balcony
*The carpark
*Wheelchair access to the club and change rooms
*Kitchen upgrade
*Cricket square
*Change rooms (visitor and home)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:00 am

The benefits of bringing players to your club who may get paid, aren't limited or gauged necessarily by premiership success either - good players can attract good players. If you have a good football program and are ticking the boxes off the field - as well as on - and you happen to attract a couple of decent footballers to your club, then it becomes more appealing to others outside the club also.. if John Smith is keen to play footy there, then it must be alright..

Better footballers also lift the overall standard and professionalism of the group and team - and that's a benefit for future years if you have young players who suddenly can pick up positive habits about how to go about their footy.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:00 am

....and I'm done :lol: :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:06 am

Zartan, that is a good insight on how IFC is operating. My comments and opinion is based purely on the fact that I believe not 1 senior football player really needs to be given a financial incentive to play div 6 football.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby The Bedge » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:27 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:Zartan, that is a good insight on how IFC is operating. My comments and opinion is based purely on the fact that I believe not 1 senior football player really needs to be given a financial incentive to play div 6 football.

You're entitled to your opinion, I'm over the discussion.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby BZB27 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:41 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:Zartan, that is a good insight on how IFC is operating. My comments and opinion is based purely on the fact that I believe not 1 senior football player really needs to be given a financial incentive to play div 6 football.

What div should you start paying players in then?

Also there are alot very good footballers playing in lower grades and they way you are talking you are saying there isnt one good footballer in these grades who is worth a little bit of money.

You got to be smart about it and not just throw money at anyone you look for the right players to take the club forward and plan on sticking around
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:45 am

Ideally, none. But that will never happen. I see what your points are and I understand that. Im just saying that in this div. Which is why we are in a Div 6 forum. I believe that players shouldn't be looking for cash incentives to play at a club. Whether that be new or existing players.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:20 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:Ideally, none. But that will never happen. I see what your points are and I understand that. Im just saying that in this div. Which is why we are in a Div 6 forum. I believe that players shouldn't be looking for cash incentives to play at a club. Whether that be new or existing players.

Never been offered any dosh mate?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:34 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Ideally, none. But that will never happen. I see what your points are and I understand that. Im just saying that in this div. Which is why we are in a Div 6 forum. I believe that players shouldn't be looking for cash incentives to play at a club. Whether that be new or existing players.

Are you referring to best on ground awards? Or match day payments? Ive played a lot of A grade footy and I will say that I probably wasn't in the top 10 best players in that side (probably why I was never asked he he). But it never was an option to ask or look for it. Even when I went to play at another club (a higher division). I didn't look or ask for any incentive.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:01 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Are you referring to best on ground awards? Or match day payments? Ive played a lot of A grade footy and I will say that I probably wasn't in the top 10 best players in that side (probably why I was never asked he he). But it never was an option to ask or look for it. Even when I went to play at another club (a higher division). I didn't look or ask for any incentive.

Things have changed mate.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:07 pm

I totally understand that. I was just saying that in a ideal world it shouldn't really happen but nothing will stop it. All good mate.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Jetters » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:25 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Arent you a Walkerville B grader???
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby The Bedge » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:26 pm

Jetters wrote:Arent you a Walkerville B grader???

Umpire?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:27 pm

I played a few games in the reserves this year and then ended up playing in the c's. I umpired the 2014 season.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Jetters » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:55 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:I played a few games in the reserves this year and then ended up playing in the c's. I umpired the 2014 season.

Its farcical you would have conversation that you would ever be 'looking for incentives'
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:22 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:I played a few games in the reserves this year and then ended up playing in the c's. I umpired the 2014 season.

Did you win most unimproved?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Did you win most unimproved?

Yep. And it looks awesome.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League