Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby Inallseriousness » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:45 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Ideally, none. But that will never happen. I see what your points are and I understand that. Im just saying that in this div. Which is why we are in a Div 6 forum. I believe that players shouldn't be looking for cash incentives to play at a club. Whether that be new or existing players.

Never been offered any dosh mate?

Are you referring to best on ground awards? Or match day payments? Ive played a lot of A grade footy and I will say that I probably wasn't in the top 10 best players in that side (probably why I was never asked he he). But it never was an option to ask or look for it. Even when I went to play at another club (a higher division). I didn't look or ask for any incentive.

Things have changed mate.

Things have definitely changed. I have conducted about 30 'recruitment' player interviews over the past 8 weeks.....only 6 have not asked for money....only ONE was offered a contract. I can certainly see how some clubs get sucked in to try and buy a premiership tho! Im pretty happy continuing to develop the 10 U18's that played A grade last year...with a full senior season under their belt we should see solid improvement in their 2nd year
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby oyster » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:55 pm

Reading with interest. Sure top country clubs pay good coin out here. Sure divvy 1 and divvy 2 players would command some good coin. But divvy 6 players? Surely they couldn't ask for money to play at that standard? There might be one or two in each club but surely these blokes aren't putting their hands out for coin at this level? There is a very good reason its divvy 6 football and getting paid to play at this level seems a bit rich other than for a few in each team
Last edited by oyster on Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oyster
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:57 pm

who gives as shit who gets paid and who doesnt

im more interested in when the singlets will be ready Footy Chick get up to Houghton and bust some heads start with Q :D
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:02 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:Invest the money in a few ways. For example: Develop a junior grade system, up-grade your facilities, invest in ways to attract people in your area or surrounding areas to come to your club (other than offering them a financial option.). Why do you need to offer $$$ to attract players to your club? You know the ones that do tend to leave after a few years. And spending $$$ to those players doesn't guarantee you a premiership either. Like I said it's div 6. Not div 1. And I live around the corner from Ingle Farm football club and they have pretty awesome facilities and a good junior program. So if you can't keep players or attract players to your club. Then there must be something you are doing wrong.

Nothing wrong with showing your players the respect of rewarding them for representing your club.

Unless of course you do not value your players
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby oyster » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:07 pm

I'm all for rewarding players. But at this level - NO. If you talk top country and top divvy 1 and divvy 2 players sure they deserve good money. Most or many would have been in a SANFL system at some point and are good players, but we are talking about divvy 6 footy here. If the players are wanting the $$$ then go to a top club and do the hard work and play top grade football. The top players in the top leagues both country and ammos train harder and are fitter and more skilled than ever before. They deserve to be paid well. I just can't see how a Divvy 6 player can stick out his hand for coin when he's only playing at this level.
oyster
Rookie

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:01 pm

Top end Div 6 sides would be more than competitive in numerous country competitions where it is "vital" to pay players.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby oyster » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:18 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Top end Div 6 sides would be more than competitive in numerous country competitions where it is "vital" to pay players.

Agreed. Those country competitions are a long way from Adelaide, except the Southern League which is very ordinary, and all but the top 3 or 4 sides are really awful. The country leagues closer to the city are obviously the better standards, and are financially well off. Some of the country leagues out in the Mallee or the Riverland or on the Eyre Peninsula don't have the quality of players and would be divvy 6 standard. Those leagues need to pay good $$$$ to attract players, being so far from the city. Some of them are only of divvy 6 or average standard. The Great Southern and Barossa leagues are clearly the two top country leagues, followed by the North Eastern, Hills Divy 1 and Yorke Peninsula. Leagues such as the Western Border, Spencer Gulf and Port Lincoln are also quite good.
oyster
Rookie

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:25 pm

ingle farm kitchen looks great now just get quality food
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Been liked: 155 times

Postby Q. » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:46 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:who gives as shit who gets paid and who doesnt

im more interested in when the singlets will be ready Footy Chick get up to Houghton and bust some heads start with Q :D

My head is already busted
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby 2old2slow » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:28 am

cougar how was footy training? any new players?
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:51 am

2old2slow wrote:cougar how was footy training? any new players?

Yeah Cougar. How was training? Are you kicking around again?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Arch44 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:13 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Invest the money in a few ways. For example: Develop a junior grade system, up-grade your facilities, invest in ways to attract people in your area or surrounding areas to come to your club (other than offering them a financial option.). Why do you need to offer $$$ to attract players to your club? You know the ones that do tend to leave after a few years. And spending $$$ to those players doesn't guarantee you a premiership either. Like I said it's div 6. Not div 1. And I live around the corner from Ingle Farm football club and they have pretty awesome facilities and a good junior program. So if you can't keep players or attract players to your club. Then there must be something you are doing wrong.

Nothing wrong with showing your players the respect of rewarding them for representing your club.

Unless of course you do not value your players

Or perhaps the players respect playing for the club they represent and not taking the $.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:48 am

oyster wrote:
...except the Southern League which is very ordinary, and all but the top 3 or 4 sides are really awful...

You have been pushing this line for a while, except previously it was only 2 sides with the rest "really awful". Will be interesting to see how Edwardstown go as they are one of these "really awful" teams you talk about.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:19 am

I think Oyster has made some very broad generalisations about some of these country leagues.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Minion Master » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:01 am

Returning premiership player, wanting to come back to play with some mates. Only left to show respect to John Beer, which i admire him for.. Always said he'd be back and we are very happy to have his 70 odd goals back too. Something we definitely lacked last season.[/quote][/quote]

250 reasons a game to be back with some mates ;)
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby Minion Master » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:08 am

why not lift the veil of secrecy and each club name their paid player list and amount each one is getting, will certainly stop the mercenary players from prostituting themselves to other clubs trying to push up their price. clubs can then research the player's previous season performance and if worth it maybe pay more and if performed poorly obviously wouldn't command increase payments and may be in their interest to then stay with their original club.
Minion Master
Rookie

Postby Inallseriousness » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:13 am

Minion Master wrote:Returning premiership player, wanting to come back to play with some mates. Only left to show respect to John Beer, which i admire him for.. Always said he'd be back and we are very happy to have his 70 odd goals back too. Something we definitely lacked last season.
[/quote]

250 reasons a game to be back with some mates ;)[/quote]

haha....yes, the speculation continues....but really - no idea! I'd love to know how many posters on here ACTUALLY are involved with recruitment of players and know what is really going on and what players are asking for or even given. From what I read it doesn't seem that there are too many! The speculation and making up stuff is quite amusing at times :roll:
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Postby Minion Master » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:21 am

Inallseriousness wrote:
Minion Master wrote:Returning premiership player, wanting to come back to play with some mates. Only left to show respect to John Beer, which i admire him for.. Always said he'd be back and we are very happy to have his 70 odd goals back too. Something we definitely lacked last season.

250 reasons a game to be back with some mates ;)[/quote]

haha....yes, the speculation continues....but really - no idea! I'd love to know how many posters on here ACTUALLY are involved with recruitment of players and know what is really going on and what players are asking for or even given. From what I read it doesn't seem that there are too many! The speculation and making up stuff is quite amusing at times :roll:[/quote]

or clubs deflections from the truth :^o
Minion Master
Rookie

Postby Inallseriousness » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:25 am

Minion Master wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:

250 reasons a game to be back with some mates ;)

haha....yes, the speculation continues....but really - no idea! I'd love to know how many posters on here ACTUALLY are involved with recruitment of players and know what is really going on and what players are asking for or even given. From what I read it doesn't seem that there are too many! The speculation and making up stuff is quite amusing at times :roll:[/quote]

or clubs deflections from the truth :^o[/quote]

The reality is.... one of us knows the truth....I am sorry to tell you that unfortunately that one is not you :D
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Postby carey » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:36 am

Can't believe people still go on about paying players f**k me :roll:

If your club choices to and can sustain it good on that club. If they can't don't pay players I would've thought it's pretty frigging simple.

At a guess I would say every club in Div 6 this year will in some way pay a certain few players. It's just the way it is like it or not.

And as for clubs paying players at Div 6 level, Maybe the clubs want to strive to play higher grades. What's wrong with that? And you talk of the standard I know for a fact that Smithfield and Lockleys of 2015 would easily be competitive in quite a few country leagues.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League