BL&G Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: BL&G Football League

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:23 pm

OnSong wrote:
Slowey wrote:
carey wrote:Josh Glenn Would be spewing Craig Taylor is back in this league. Now Glenn is the 2nd biggest pick up in this comp!

Wonder who would be getting the bigger pay packet - Taylor doesn't play for fun and rumours suggest Glenn is on 4 figures.

Taylor plays for fun. Raking it in with home maintenance firm, Incompro. Great prices. Great service. Incompro is the go.

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby SATCHEL » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:21 pm

Willaston on the march with their recruiting for 2016. Cont be bothered reading through old posts so apologies if it has been mentioned.
Former Glenelg league player Stuart Ferenci previously on the power rookie list key pozzy player CHF i think, Shaun Childs returns also, i think Shaun Baker returning from injury with Scott White re-signing plus Brad Tosold (re-signing) from memory is a bit of a goal sneak up forward. With Johncock back on the list and Josh Glenn fresh from the Gold Coast list. It looks like Willaston may have a good year in addition to blooding a few of the youngsters last year due to depth. Positive signs.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby carey » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:27 pm

The whole comp should be in pure fear. I seen Criag Taylor pounding the Pavment at about 6 am this morning as I was getting home.

Be afraid be very afraid ;)
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Ruben Carter » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:08 pm

carey wrote:The whole comp should be in pure fear. I seen Criag Taylor pounding the Pavment at about 6 am this morning as I was getting home.

If it bleeds, we can kill it.... 8)
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Nocyrils » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:17 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:
carey wrote:The whole comp should be in pure fear. I seen Criag Taylor pounding the Pavment at about 6 am this morning as I was getting home.

If it bleeds, we can kill it.... 8)

Who's criag?
Nocyrils
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:08 pm

Many started pre season yet?

Ango training Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings 6am, they'll be fit, not sure if it will result in any extra W's though
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby wonder_kid » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:58 am

Well if you get fitter you will naturally improve everything else!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Tiger83 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:08 pm

wonder_kid wrote:Well if you get fitter you will naturally improve everything else!

If you cant kick, but get super fit, all u will be is a super fit person who still cant kick. Fitness isnt everything
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby wonder_kid » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:34 pm

I don't think I said its everything but if your fitter you get to more contests , if you get to more contests you can impact the game more,. generally the fitter you get the less stuffed you are when you use the footy . I would be confident that your disposal efficiency would be higher the fitter you get! regardless of your skill level
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby 200 Killer Wasps » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:53 am

Fitness doesn't make you smarter though.
I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I can't put it down.
200 Killer Wasps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby wonder_kid » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:07 am

and all footballers aren't smart to begin with id say 20% of footballers are smart footy players!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby oyster » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:34 pm

200 Killer Wasps wrote:Fitness doesn't make you smarter though.

The fitter you are, ensures that you aren't tired and flustered and have the ability and more time, to make smarter decisions.

Without question the fitter you are as a player, assist you becoming a better player. A player will also be able to give 2 and 3 "efforts" at each contest, where the unfit player will give the one contest and then give up. It gives the player a greater endurance to chase his and other players downfield, to lay a tackle. A person would have to be moronic, to believe that fitness does not make a player a better footballer.....There is a very, very, good reason why AFL players train so hard and work on their fitness. Sure, they also do extra ball work in their sessions but their strong fitness base, allows them to work on their skills with less chance of becoming drained and make tired decisions.
oyster
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

Postby wonder_kid » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:19 pm

oyster wrote:
200 Killer Wasps wrote:Fitness doesn't make you smarter though.

The fitter you are, ensures that you aren't tired and flustered and have the ability and more time, to make smarter decisions.

Without question the fitter you are as a player, assist you becoming a better player. A player will also be able to give 2 and 3 "efforts" at each contest, where the unfit player will give the one contest and then give up. It gives the player a greater endurance to chase his and other players downfield, to lay a tackle. A person would have to be moronic, to believe that fitness does not make a player a better footballer.....There is a very, very, good reason why AFL players train so hard and work on their fitness. Sure, they also do extra ball work in their sessions but their strong fitness base, allows them to work on their skills with less chance of becoming drained and make tired decisions.

Reason at last its pretty simple really get fit become a better footy player! Fitness is the foundation to improving every other skill .
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby CouchExpert » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:43 am

Have to disagree with this.Yes fitness is an important part of the game,but if you control the football you control the tempo.I read some where that Darren Burgess the Power Fitness Guru had done some research that showed that the Power Players running intensity was at its highest when there kicking efficiency was at its lowest.IE they were chasing jumpers. Why do you think Hawthorn seem to be able to run out games so well,its not because they are the fittest team around ,its just that they have players with elite skills. I see most AFL clubs are now incorporating ball work from day 1 of pre-season,which tells you something
CouchExpert
Mini-League

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Bordertown

Postby Ruben Carter » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:18 am

CouchExpert wrote:Have to disagree with this.Yes fitness is an important part of the game,but if you control the football you control the tempo.I read some where that Darren Burgess the Power Fitness Guru had done some research that showed that the Power Players running intensity was at its highest when there kicking efficiency was at its lowest.IE they were chasing jumpers. Why do you think Hawthorn seem to be able to run out games so well,its not because they are the fittest team around ,its just that they have players with elite skills. I see most AFL clubs are now incorporating ball work from day 1 of pre-season,which tells you something
I think you'll find that even country and amatuer league clubs have used balls from day 1 of preseason for about 20 years or more. If its not happening, then its a poor coaching strategy.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:43 am

CouchExpert wrote:Have to disagree with this.Yes fitness is an important part of the game,but if you control the football you control the tempo.I read some where that Darren Burgess the Power Fitness Guru had done some research that showed that the Power Players running intensity was at its highest when there kicking efficiency was at its lowest.IE they were chasing jumpers. Why do you think Hawthorn seem to be able to run out games so well,its not because they are the fittest team around ,its just that they have players with elite skills. I see most AFL clubs are now incorporating ball work from day 1 of pre-season,which tells you something

Something ammo/country clubs don't have
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby wonder_kid » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:12 pm

Stop comparing afl to ammo footy! Fitness is hugely improtant in amature football yes you still have to use the footy but in amature football its about making more contests . There is always going to be the need to use the football well, the arguement is tho that if your fitter you will be a better footballer in general and i stand by that!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:48 pm

Ango may as well start making room for another wooden spoon, Steve Rusca is going to Min/Man, Bain retired, all points players from last year gone
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Robran » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:09 am

Heard a little rumour if Williston don't get Josh Glenn a job in 2 weeks he gone ??? Apparently was apart of his agreement to sign.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby Nocyrils » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:44 pm

Greenwood. Is talking premierships already at Willaston . Also hearing josh Glenn is on 3k a game . A lot of money he would want to absolutely dominate . I believe Molyneux would run rings around him
Nocyrils
Under 16s

Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy