Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby shoe boy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:51 am

heater31 wrote:
carey wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:DRUGS.

Agreed. But it also shits me all the stories of he was such a nice guy, so kind and now his gone. blah blah blah.

Stiff shit. Play with fire get burnt. You know the risks and still take the chance. It's the family's I feel sorry for

I'm ******* so over these numptys calling for testing drugs so you know what is in them. Basically that means these organised gangs win you spastics.

Simple answer is DON'T DO DRUGS!

Very naïve post guys.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:38 am

There's no simple answer to the drugs problem. I'm not sure there is one, short of hoping that kids abstain.

People take drugs left right and centre these days. This is particularly so in certain cultural groups, such a those frequenting dance music festivals who favour ecstasy and other mind-expanding substances, as well professional footy players and 'real' professionals on cocaine, down-and-outers on ice, and hippies who smoke weed etc.

Young adults (particularly men aged 18 to 25) are naturally risk takers, so the "don't do drugs" mantra will fall on deaf ears, as it has for a long time now. This risk taking behavior and bullet-proof attitude feeds their confidence that whatever drugs they've purchased are safe. Presumably this is because they've bought safe drugs from the same people previously, and thus have no reason to doubt their trust. If they doubt they're safe, then they'll roll the dice because there's no tomorrow when the party's happening today. But the thing is no-one can know whether the drugs are safe, since those substances are cut with all sorts of stuff and the producers don't care what happens once they're ingested. At least with alcohol you know its subject to quality controls.

I'm not convinced of drug testing stations inside venues. There's a tension between prohibiting substances on one hand and then providing personal advice on them on the other. If they're going to happen, then the prohibition should end. I'm not sure they'd be thoroughly used at any rate, since people who are confident they have safe drugs wouldn't bother wasting time getting them tested, particularly if it means they're going to kiss goodbye their investment in a high. The testing station argument also assumes people take drugs after they enter the concert; if they are illegal and are searched at the gate then they risk confiscation prior to testing. For this reason I assume that a lot of substances are ingested prior to entry.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:42 am

shoe boy wrote:
heater31 wrote:
carey wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:DRUGS.

Agreed. But it also shits me all the stories of he was such a nice guy, so kind and now his gone. blah blah blah.
Stiff shit. Play with fire get burnt. You know the risks and still take the chance. It's the family's I feel sorry for

I'm ******* so over these numptys calling for testing drugs so you know what is in them. Basically that means these organised gangs win you spastics.

Very naïve post guys.

The lad was a friend of my son and the pain this has caused many people, many young adults is immeasurable.Having broken the news to my lad over the phone I can tell you he's hurting.

It also gave us as parents and some friends with their kids present on Saturday night the opportunity to speak openly and candidly about drug use, the results of this discussion were comforting and reassuring. I have a great relationship with my son and some of his mates and I truly believe them when they say "Why, why touch that shit?". They are against the use of these drugs. They don't "get it". That's from this lads direct peers.

I won't be coming on here beating my chest saying I've got the answer to drug use, none of us do, it's bullshit to think you've got the answer. Since the first batch of yeast and sugar turned water into wine people have experimented with mind altering substances and it wont ever be any different. Education, fear and uncertainty, they didn't work at any time in history and they don't work now. So what will? I don't know.

I just hope the people affected by this loss and by any drug related death find some comfort, somewhere.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:09 am

Booney wrote:
The lad was a friend of my son and the pain this has caused many people, many young adults is immeasurable.Having broken the news to my lad over the phone I can tell you he's hurting.

It also gave us as parents and some friends with their kids present on Saturday night the opportunity to speak openly and candidly about drug use, the results of this discussion were comforting and reassuring. I have a great relationship with my son and some of his mates and I truly believe them when they say "Why, why touch that shit?". They are against the use of these drugs. They don't "get it". That's from this lads direct peers.

I won't be coming on here beating my chest saying I've got the answer to drug use, none of us do, it's bullshit to think you've got the answer. Since the first batch of yeast and sugar turned water into wine people have experimented with mind altering substances and it wont ever be any different. Education, fear and uncertainty, they didn't work at any time in history and they don't work now. So what will? I don't know.

I just hope the people affected by this loss and by any drug related death find some comfort, somewhere.

I did think of you and your lad as soon as I heard of this due to where he was from.

It's tragic, there is no answer, there will be no prevention, unfortunately the loss of young lives is the only awareness the younger generation get to experience to highlight the implications.

I feel for the family and close ones to the young lad.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:09 am

helicopterking wrote:Blokes who withdraw from cricket on the morning of a match without any warning.

Better than no-shows I guess after you've named them.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:31 am

Booney wrote:Since the first batch of yeast and sugar turned water into wine people have experimented with mind altering substances and it wont ever be any different.

Nah, yeast and sugar turns grapes into wine. To do it with plain ol' water requires a filial relationship with the Creator. :lol:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Spangas » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:33 am

Compassion would be a very good start.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:34 am

Pseudo wrote:
Booney wrote:Since the first batch of yeast and sugar turned water into wine people have experimented with mind altering substances and it wont ever be any different.

Nah, yeast and sugar turns grapes into wine. To do it with plain ol' water requires a filial relationship with the Creator. :lol:

You know what I meant...
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:36 am

Magellan wrote:I'm not convinced of drug testing stations inside venues. There's a tension between prohibiting substances on one hand and then providing personal advice on them on the other. If they're going to happen, then the prohibition should end. I'm not sure they'd be thoroughly used at any rate, since people who are confident they have safe drugs wouldn't bother wasting time getting them tested, particularly if it means they're going to kiss goodbye their investment in a high. The testing station argument also assumes people take drugs after they enter the concert; if they are illegal and are searched at the gate then they risk confiscation prior to testing. For this reason I assume that a lot of substances are ingested prior to entry.

The concept works well in Europe. It may have saved the lad's life it it were in place. Doesn't take long for word to spread that [insert brand] pills contain something deadly like PMA.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby heater31 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:39 am

Booney wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
heater31 wrote:
carey wrote:[quote="Computer Crashed"]DRUGS.

Very naïve post guys.

I just hope the people affected by this loss and by any drug related death find some comfort, somewhere.[/quote]

Because of one their own took a risk hopefully those left behind will now look out for each other to not allow this to happen again.

It's happened to me with other senseless deaths in my friendship circle and over a 10 year period we have kept everyone going.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:23 pm

Q. wrote:
Magellan wrote:I'm not convinced of drug testing stations inside venues. There's a tension between prohibiting substances on one hand and then providing personal advice on them on the other. If they're going to happen, then the prohibition should end. I'm not sure they'd be thoroughly used at any rate, since people who are confident they have safe drugs wouldn't bother wasting time getting them tested, particularly if it means they're going to kiss goodbye their investment in a high. The testing station argument also assumes people take drugs after they enter the concert; if they are illegal and are searched at the gate then they risk confiscation prior to testing. For this reason I assume that a lot of substances are ingested prior to entry.

The concept works well in Europe. It may have saved the lad's life it it were in place. Doesn't take long for word to spread that [insert brand] pills contain something deadly like PMA.

with all due respect..

Not taking it would have done that...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:33 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Q. wrote:

with all due respect..

Not taking it would have done that...

Obviously.

But the abstinence philosophy has failed.
Q.
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:53 pm

The fatality rate vs the buzz created.

It's a ratio that the youth of today are willing to risk with, there's too much "it wont happen to me" mentality.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:09 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:The fatality rate vs the buzz created.

It's a ratio that the youth over today are willing to risk with, there's too much "it wont happen to me" mentality.

You're statistically more likely to die from eating a peanut.
Q.
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:10 pm

Q. wrote:

It's a ratio that the youth over today are willing to risk with, there's too much "it wont happen to me" mentality.

Exactly.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:13 pm

Many of them use the drugs that often, perhaps weekly, that the "it won't happen to me" attitude doesn't even exist. "Been doing pingers from *name names here* for months mate, they're all good".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:32 pm

I may or may not have dabbled with drugs over the years, the occasional Ecky overdose has been enough for me to say thanks, but no thanks over the years. It's one drug that I have been too scared to to take regardless of how much of a buzz they apparently offer, fair to say that I'm crazy enough without it anyway.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Ronnie » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:44 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Q. wrote:

Exactly.

If you have a peanut allergy then maybe, otherwise not the case for 99% of the population.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:49 pm

Booney wrote:

Many of them use the drugs that often, perhaps weekly, that the "it won't happen to me" attitude doesn't even exist. "Been doing pingers from *name names here* for months mate, they're all good".

Actually, the majority of users of MDMA take it infrequently and generally only at 'events'. They are functional users who lead normal lives.
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:51 pm

Great article by Dr Caldicott:

What is ‘drug checking’ and why do we need it in Australia?

There are those who feel the process underscores some sort of capitulation in an already failed War On Drugs. On the contrary – by providing a medical and toxicological context, we can “nudge” the behaviour of consumers in a far more persuasive manner than by the mere threat of criminalisation. In their eyes, the law is something to be eluded; death and permanent impairment is a much more serious prospect.

Against the charge that it might encourage drug consumption, we would agree – if it was our plan to deploy the intervention outside supermarkets, or primary schools. But the intervention deliberately targets the highest of the high risk, the venues where patrons have already chosen to consume illicit drugs. It’s not possible to encourage them any more - only to persuade them to moderate their ways.

At no stage are users ever advised that what has been tested is “safe” – the only way to be completely safe from drug-related harm is to not take drugs.
Q.
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion