Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby JK » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:53 pm

The price of grog, especially "girly drinks", these days is pretty helpful at leading younger people to alternate mind altering substances. Whether the government legitimately hopes to protect younger people from the ills of alcohol, or are able to use the reasoning to increase their revenue probably depends on what each individual believes. But there is a potential downside to it.

Now of course the government didn't make this lad pop a goog, nor anyone else for that matter. The war on drugs can never be won imho, just have to keep trying to find better ways at achieving harm minimization.

Thoughts with family, friends and the lad himself.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:11 pm

Q. wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The fatality rate vs the buzz created.

It's a ratio that the youth over today are willing to risk with, there's too much "it wont happen to me" mentality.

Many of them use the drugs that often, perhaps weekly, that the "it won't happen to me" attitude doesn't even exist. "Been doing pingers from *name names here* for months mate, they're all good".

Actually, the majority of users of MDMA take it infrequently and generally only at 'events'. They are functional users who lead normal lives.

I don't totally agree on the usage, I do agree on the functionality though. Many users are weekend users who go about Monday to Friday like the rest of us, it's typically not a daily drug like many others are or can be.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:15 pm

There is an answer and i along with many others have found it...

Not trying to get on my soapbax and start another tangent argument but the unfortunate fact is that drugs and alcohol along with mental health issues (stemming many times from traumatic experiences and abuse) are creating a society which is constantly being degraded and destroyed. Families and households are then ripped apart by drugs and alcohol and many times its not the person who takes it but the circle around them that is affected.

I have had my life, and seen countless others turned around not by church, not by religion but by God.

Say what you like but there are some things that we can't fix and we can't change, but i know He can!

I was happy with my life and i was one of those young bulletproof risk takers but i was on my way to being a headline too before i allowed God to intervene.
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby OnSong » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:21 pm

Time to introduce testing facilities. Remove the unknown element of the risk.
The substance is tested, the client is advised of what's in it, what possible side effects are, and encouraged not to take it.
Then whether it is consumed or not is at the discretion of the client, fully aware of possible dangers.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:25 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:Not trying to get on my soapbax and start another tangent argument but the unfortunate fact is that drugs and alcohol along with mental health issues (stemming many times from traumatic experiences and abuse) are creating a society which is constantly being degraded and destroyed. Families and households are then ripped apart by drugs and alcohol and many times its not the person who takes it but the circle around them that is affected.

The majority of drug users lead functional and normal lives.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:28 pm

Q. wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:Not trying to get on my soapbax and start another tangent argument but the unfortunate fact is that drugs and alcohol along with mental health issues (stemming many times from traumatic experiences and abuse) are creating a society which is constantly being degraded and destroyed. Families and households are then ripped apart by drugs and alcohol and many times its not the person who takes it but the circle around them that is affected.

I have no doubt about that. But unfortunately 'most' young people don't grasp the idea of responsible drug use. You either do or you don't. And the responsible users make it look like an acceptable option, but truth is it's not a good one.
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:34 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
Q. wrote:

I have no doubt about that. But unfortunately 'most' young people don't grasp the idea of responsible drug use. You either do or you don't. And the responsible users make it look like an acceptable option, but truth is it's not a good one.

You think so? I thought it was more of a lucky dip, you might get one that causes an adverse reaction or somehow your body doesn't react well to it.
I'm no expert in the field.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:You think so? I thought it was more of a lucky dip, you might get one that causes an adverse reaction or somehow your body doesn't react well to it.

The biggest threat to safety is para-Methoxyamphetamine (PMA). It's synthesized from anethole, which is easier to come by (due to drug laws) than safrole, which is the precursor to MDMA.
Q.
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:07 pm

OnSong wrote:Time to introduce testing facilities. Remove the unknown element of the risk.
The substance is tested, the client is advised of what's in it, what possible side effects are, and encouraged not to take it.
Then whether it is consumed or not is at the discretion of the client, fully aware of possible dangers.

If a testing station took 30 minutes to test the substance that's 30 minutes of focused "point of sale" (obviously not the actual point of sale but point of use) education for the user. I'd suggest that any substances containing rat poison, bleach, draino etc that it would be easier to convince the person not to take if they were given the results of the tests prior to ingesting it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:07 pm

Q. wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:You think so? I thought it was more of a lucky dip, you might get one that causes an adverse reaction or somehow your body doesn't react well to it.

The biggest threat to safety is para-Methoxyamphetamine (PMA). It's synthesized from anethole, which is easier to come by (due to drug laws) than safrole, which is the precursor to MDMA.

Is that what all the arm scratchers have been using?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:18 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Q. wrote:

Is that what all the arm scratchers have been using?

Nah, different again. Ice is straight up methamphetamine hydrochloride.
Q.
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:29 pm

I'm speaking as someone who's never used drugs in their life.

Drugs are feral and no doubt in some part responsible for the shit society we know find ourselves living in., yet instead of doing anything to get rid of it, we're expected to confirm and accept that it's now a part of life.

My arse I will. Keep that shit away from me.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:36 pm

At best, it's naive to think the problem will just go away.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:52 pm

Fact is, mind alteration in all it's forms is very much a part of life and alcohol is at the forefront of it.
Q.
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Q. wrote:Fact is, mind alteration in all it's forms is very much a part of life and alcohol is at the forefront of it.

This is true.

are drugs good or bad?

Are they acceptable?
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby Magellan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:03 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:are drugs good or bad?

"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:08 pm

Booney wrote:
OnSong wrote:Time to introduce testing facilities. Remove the unknown element of the risk.

If a testing station took 30 minutes to test the substance that's 30 minutes of focused "point of sale" (obviously not the actual point of sale but point of use) education for the user. I'd suggest that any substances containing rat poison, bleach, draino etc that it would be easier to convince the person not to take if they were given the results of the tests prior to ingesting it.

Yeah, that's what I'm suggesting?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:11 pm

OnSong wrote:
Booney wrote:

Yeah, that's what I'm suggesting?

Yes, I agree. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:13 pm

Magellan wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:are drugs good or bad?

Yes they are bad, so why are we even considering these testing stations. It is condoning use!

It's ok to use drugs as long as they don't have ratsak in them!!! Forget that!!!!

It sh1ts me that people like me are likened to characters like this and Ned Flanders and the likes because we don't agree that drugs are acceptable.
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:15 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
Q. wrote:Fact is, mind alteration in all it's forms is very much a part of life and alcohol is at the forefront of it.

This is true.

are drugs good or bad?

Are they acceptable?

Both questions are completely irrelevant. They have been, are and will be part of society going forward. So we're only arguing semantics if they are good or not or acceptable or not.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion