Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:15 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
Magellan wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:are drugs good or bad?

Yes they are bad, so why are we even considering these testing stations. It is condoning use!

It's ok to use drugs as long as they don't have ratsak in them!!! Forget that!!!!

It sh1ts me that people like me are likened to characters like this and Ned Flanders and the likes because we don't agree that drugs are acceptable.

Do you think it is possible to rid the world of them?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:20 pm

Yes. But that comes down to people making a choice. The problem isn't the availability of drugs, it is the choices people make.

The world can change, 1 person at a time. Again, i have seen it time and time again with my network of friends and associates that drug addiction, alcohol addiction, domestic violence, abuse etc can be stopped. I could write a book with testimonies of people in my church that have experienced this change.

Is it possible? Yes
Is it probable? No
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:22 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:Yes they are bad, so why are we even considering these testing stations. It is condoning use!

It's ok to use drugs as long as they don't have ratsak in them!!! Forget that!!!!

It sh1ts me that people like me are likened to characters like this and Ned Flanders and the likes because we don't agree that drugs are acceptable.

It doesn't condone it. Testing would only be implemented in high risk scenarios like Stereosonic festivals where a significant number of patrons already intend to use. Testing actually persuades people not to use drugs if results come back as something other than what they expected.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:25 pm

Just like people choose God and some will say that's foolish, people will choose drugs and some will say that's foolish.

Lets be clear, there's over 7 billion of us here and it is simply impossible to one, convince people not to use them before 2, we rid the world of them.

It's not head in sand time.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:25 pm

Q. wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:Yes they are bad, so why are we even considering these testing stations. It is condoning use!

It doesn't condone it. Testing would only be implemented in high risk scenarios like Stereosonic festivals where a significant number of patrons already intend to use. Testing actually persuades people not to use drugs if results come back as something other than what they expected.

Absolutely.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:25 pm

Q. wrote:

Oh come on! The message by setting up a testing station is,

'We know you're using, let's make sure its ok, then you can go for your life.'

I say set these up then swap them with a placebo!
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby OnSong » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:26 pm

Q. wrote:

That's the idea. The outlook is "Hey, this substance contains all these elements, which could cause significant health issues or death, we advise you do not take it, but it does/does not contain significantly more dangerous elements than what is otherwise known to be regularly in this substance."
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:26 pm

People who aren't intending to use, those who never have won't be persuaded to because of testing.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:28 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:It sh1ts me that people like me are likened to characters like this and Ned Flanders and the likes because we don't agree that drugs are acceptable.

For the record NG, I didn't intend to cast any aspersions regarding your opinions, beliefs, or views on this subject with that image.

As a South Park fan, I simply couldn't help myself when the question of whether drugs are good or bad came up. That's all.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:28 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
Q. wrote:

Placebo would attract MORE drug takers.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:29 pm

OnSong wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:
Q. wrote:

Placebo would attract MORE drug takers.

Haha! Yeah true... didnt think that one through!
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:33 pm

Magellan wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:It sh1ts me that people like me are likened to characters like this and Ned Flanders and the likes because we don't agree that drugs are acceptable.

For the record NG, I didn't intend to cast any aspersions regarding your opinions, beliefs, or views on this subject with that image.

As a South Park fan, I simply couldn't help myself when the question of whether drugs are good or bad came up. That's all.

All good, the problem is I'm seen as a do-gooder for thinking that drugs are bad. And society portrays anyone like me as being prehistoric or out of touch and we need to 'get up with the times'.

Forget it, get real.
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby Spangas » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:37 pm

Q. wrote:Fact is, mind alteration in all it's forms is very much a part of life and alcohol is at the forefront of it.

This. Heaps bigger problem and more abused than illegal drugs.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:54 pm

Spangas wrote:
Q. wrote:Fact is, mind alteration in all it's forms is very much a part of life and alcohol is at the forefront of it.

Absolutely! Bring back prohibition!!! [emoji6]
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:03 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
Magellan wrote:

All good, the problem is I'm seen as a do-gooder for thinking that drugs are bad. And society portrays anyone like me as being prehistoric or out of touch and we need to 'get up with the times'.

Forget it, get real.

Not quite, we're just trying to point out that the zero tolerance approach has not, does not and will not work.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby JK » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:44 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
Spangas wrote:

Absolutely! Bring back prohibition!!! [emoji6]

People still profited from illegal liquor trade and therein lies the problem. When there's demand a buck to be made its always going to exist, whether drug or alcohol
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby RustyCage » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:54 pm

Make the drugs dirtier, kill more people off and then people will be less likely to take them if there is a higher chance of them dying than there currently is
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby JK » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:56 pm

RustyCage wrote:Make the drugs dirtier, kill more people off and then people will be less likely to take them if there is a higher chance of them dying than there currently is

Got kids mate?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:00 pm

I wasn't exactly serious, but it just depends on what the intention is. Testing the drugs won't stop anyone using them. They just won't use that particular pill, they'll get it from someone else instead.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby JK » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:05 pm

Ah, OK, phew. It's enough of a scare as it is for a parent that your kid(s) might end up on the gear as it is.
FUSC
JK
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion