General discussion/predictions - in lead up to 2016 season

Talk on the national game

Re: General discussion/predictions - in lead up to 2016 seas

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:13 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Surely he should get some punishment? Just can't go round threatening people and punching walls

Punch walls all you like, only going to hurt yourself and look like a flog. Threatening to stab someone in the eye/face with anything (not just a chopstick) is grounds for the police to investigate IMO.

Richmond need to take a very strong stance here, like their heartless on field presence I bet they don't.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:25 am

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Surely he should get some punishment? Just can't go round threatening people and punching walls

Punch walls all you like, only going to hurt yourself and look like a flog. Threatening to stab someone in the eye/face with anything (not just a chopstick) is grounds for the police to investigate IMO.

Richmond need to take a very strong stance here, like their heartless on field presence I bet they don't.

Spot on
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby stan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:41 am

I think a 12 months ban is a bit over the top. But obviously some punishment from the club will be in order I suppose.

But to me Dusty is a strange one. Has alot of talent now doubt but just finds ways to get himself in trouble. This has happened a few times and he seems the message hasnt sunk in as yet.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:00 pm

Booney wrote:

Spot on
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:35 pm

stan wrote:But to me Dusty is a strange one. Has alot of talent now doubt but just finds ways to get himself in trouble. This has happened a few times and he seems the message hasnt sunk in as yet.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:44 pm

I don't think what Martin did was right by any means.. but I want to know just how innocent this woman is? According to the news, she knew who he was when he came in, she saw him drinking. apparently only approached him asking to be quiet - who knows how she actually went about this - and mentioned she told him she would be ringing the football club Monday.

Adds on that she's still "very shaken up and affected" by the incident - are you taking the piss?! Way to milk it for what its worth :roll:

It doesn't make sense that he carries on like this just because a poor lady has very politely asked if he could tone down the noise level..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:47 pm

Zartan wrote:I don't think what Martin did was right by any means.. but I want to know just how innocent this woman is? According to the news, she knew who he was when he came in, she saw him drinking. apparently only approached him asking to be quiet - who knows how she actually went about this - and mentioned she told him she would be ringing the football club Monday.

Adds on that she's still "very shaken up and affected" by the incident - are you taking the piss?! Way to milk it for what its worth :roll:

It doesn't make sense that he carries on like this just because a poor lady has very politely asked if he could tone down the noise level..

It does, if he's a ******* idiot.

Woman = Right.
Dusty = Idiot.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:52 pm

Booney wrote:
Zartan wrote:I don't think what Martin did was right by any means.. but I want to know just how innocent this woman is? According to the news, she knew who he was when he came in, she saw him drinking. apparently only approached him asking to be quiet - who knows how she actually went about this - and mentioned she told him she would be ringing the football club Monday.

Woman = Right.
Dusty = Idiot.

Perhaps it might be
Woman = Idiot.
Dusty = Idiot.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:52 pm

I agree with you, probably some big mouth chick trying to get 5 minutes of fame, why was she the only one to complain? AS if he would've stood over her in a threatening manner.
Surely there is footage, like who legitimately threatens someone with chopsticks?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:59 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I agree with you, probably some big mouth chick trying to get 5 minutes of fame, why was she the only one to complain? AS if he would've stood over her in a threatening manner.
Surely there is footage, like who legitimately threatens someone with chopsticks?

Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

A pissed ******* idiot?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:03 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Woman = Right.
Dusty = Idiot.

Perhaps it might be
Woman = Idiot.
Dusty = Idiot.

Perhaps, either way, he's an idiot. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:12 pm

Booney wrote:
A pissed ******* idiot?

Exactly, why even approach him? Why not alert the staff or piss off somewhere else.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:26 pm

Here’s what the Age reports as what happened:

“She told Channel 7 news on Monday night that Martin was sitting at the bar with a friend and was drunk, loud and offensive. When she asked him to calm down, he became more agitated and threatening.
"He reacted extremely angrily, very very agitated, began swearing at me, standing over me physically, it was extremely intimidating," the woman, referred to as "Tracey", said.
She said Martin "physically stood over me, held a chopstick above my head and threatened to stab me in the face with a chopstick".
She said she told Martin she intended to inform Richmond of his behaviour.
"He said, 'Are you going to dob on me?' and I said, 'Well, I will be calling the club on Monday," she said.
"To which he reacted by slamming his hand next to my head into the wall, which at that point was obviously extremely terrifying."
A Richmond spokesman said Martin's behaviour was clearly unacceptable, that he had apologised to the woman as well as to the managers and owners of the restaurant.
"He had been drinking and was clearly disruptive to other diners and a female patron," the spokesman confirmed.”

Presumably these facts are correct since Martin has issued an apology and called the lady in question to apologize in person.

There's no excuse for "threatening to stab a woman in the face with a chopstick", standing over people in a threatening manner and punching walls.

I also like how he responded by asking if she would 'dob on him'. Oh, the shame she must feel now, the trust that she's destroyed. Jeezus, go back to the schoolyard.

Irrespective of how he dealt with a complaint from another person, it's just a dumb thing to have done. It's in a 'public' place, he's a public figure (whether he likes it or not) and he has a record for poor behaviour. This reflects on the club that gives him a 'professional' job, and his own value as an athletic commodity in the footy marketplace. He's a flat-out dick for having done it, no matter which way you slice it.

I guess Dusty also hasn't picked on the recent public discussion on stamping out violence against women. Mind you, It's hard to do so when you're reading skills are confined to the comic books printed on your arms and neck.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:31 pm

2016 Predictions

Grand Final umpire Stevic
Norm Smith Medal Rioli back to back with eight brilliant touches
Brownlow The guy who should have won it last year
Crap Commentary
Crap Camera Angles
Ridiculous 'Rule of the week' interpretations
Bullshit goal reviews holding up the play
KB and Sheedy to come up with bullshit all year long
Pre-season yawnfest
Hawks win their ninth premiership in four years
Richmond lose in the first week of the finals
Dangerfield to be permanently deafened by a cacophony of BOOOOOOS at Adelaide Oval
Chris Scott weekly 'WTF' pose in the coaches box
The game will open up for five weeks until it is shut down again by the coaches
Nafan Buckley still can't coach
Adelaide win two in a row and the Mail gets on the bandwagon
Freo straight sets after being unable to kick 13 goals in either final

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:16 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:2016 Predictions

Grand Final umpire Stevic
Norm Smith Medal Rioli back to back with eight brilliant touches
Brownlow The guy who should have won it last year
Crap Commentary
Crap Camera Angles
Ridiculous 'Rule of the week' interpretations
Bullshit goal reviews holding up the play
KB and Sheedy to come up with bullshit all year long
Pre-season yawnfest
Hawks win their ninth premiership in four years
Richmond lose in the first week of the finals
Dangerfield to be permanently deafened by a cacophony of BOOOOOOS at Adelaide Oval
Chris Scott weekly 'WTF' pose in the coaches box
The game will open up for five weeks until it is shut down again by the coaches
Nafan Buckley still can't coach
Adelaide win two in a row and the Mail gets on the bandwagon
Freo straight sets after being unable to kick 13 goals in either final

regards,

REB

Cats supporters to lap up anything Dangerfield does in such a manner it sickens the rest of the competition as much as Eddie Betts at Crowland.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:33 pm

Booney wrote:KB thinks Dusty should be outed for 12 months....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richmond’s club statement yesterday involving Dustin Martin’s apology for threatening a woman in a public place was pathetic.

There were the usual regrets from the player. The apology and embarrassment from Martin and the comment that the club leaders will talk to Martin to consider action later in the week.

Not one word that violence against women is totally unacceptable. And this is at an AFL club that has the first and only female President. This allegation of this incident of threatening a woman to stab chopsticks in her eye as well threatening to kill her needed a more urgent and stronger response from Richmond.

This incident will test Richmond’s President Peggy O’Neil, CEO Brendon Gale, the Tigers coaching panel and the club’s board on which notable administrators such as Mal Speed sit on.

For this is not player number 42 on the club list, this is arguably their best player.

The AFL and clubs are strong against family violence and support for women with their respect and responsibility policies.

It’s hard to imagine a more serious allegation. A 12 month suspension and a $50,000 donation to an appropriate women’s organisation seems a realistic and fair conclusion for the club, the AFL and the image of the game.

I’m KB, that’s my take

Read more at http://www.sen.com.au/news/12-15/kbs-ta ... 38UC1HA.99

That would have to be the first time I've ever agreed with KB. This being the week where I got Urinary Tract Infection. Confirming, I'm getting **** old.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:46 pm

Should be handled by the law, end of story. If anything comes of that then Richmond and the AFL may like to hand out penalties but until then IMO they should stay out of it.
If nothing is pursued criminally then its a storm in a tea cup, move on.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:05 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Should be handled by the law, end of story. If anything comes of that then Richmond and the AFL may like to hand out penalties but until then IMO they should stay out of it.
If nothing is pursued criminally then its a storm in a tea cup, move on.

Spot on
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:06 pm

Whats happening with those rape allegations against the hawks players?
Mr Beefy
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL