Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Q. » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:07 am

nuggety goodness wrote:
Q. wrote:Great article that dispels some misconceptions being posted here:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... MP=soc_567

It's a well worded opinion piece...

I guess it's more sad than annoying to me that people feel the need to take any mind altering substance...

My question is why is there a need to take drugs in the first place? Whether it be alcohol or other drugs, what's the point?

Umm, it's not an opinion piece.

Why do you feel the need to have imaginary friends? Mind altering substances and religion aren't that different from each other.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:18 am

Q. wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:

I guess it's more sad than annoying to me that people feel the need to take any mind altering substance...

My question is why is there a need to take drugs in the first place? Whether it be alcohol or other drugs, what's the point?

Why do you feel the need to have imaginary friends? Mind altering substances and religion aren't that different from each other.

True dat.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:28 am

Booney wrote:
Q. wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:

True dat.

How is it not an opinion piece?

'Are people “stupid” taking pills assumed to be MDMA when they might not be? Isn’t this, as a senior NSW policeman said, “just playing Russian roulette”?

No, people taking ecstasy are not taking stupid risks and they are definitely not playing Russian roulette'

I say yes they are stupid and that's my opinion...

'What should we do now?

Australia should scrap saturation policing with sniffer dogs at youth music dance events and follow the Europeans: we should allow drug checking and evaluate the benefits and costs.'

Again here is a recommendation based on opinion...

While there are some legimate, well thought out points, there is a lot of opinion riddled through it. These two experts are obviously pro-MDMA legalization and so their article is biased in that fashion. If someone on the opposite side of the argument wrote an article using these facts they would make different recommendations based on their opinion...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:33 am

Whilst an opinion is offered, much of the article is based on fact, not misconceptions or hysteria.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:40 am

Q. wrote:

An imaginary friend is something someone makes up that no one else knows or sees. God is very different to that.

also, drawing a comparison between (predominantly) illegal activity that most o the time is detrimental to the body and following God is a long bow to draw.

On a side note, religion doesnt alter anything... but that's another kettle of fish all together.

So why do you/people take mind altering substances?
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:43 am

nuggety goodness wrote:So why do you/people take mind altering substances?

Because poached eggs are nice, but they taste way better when you add some hollandaise sauce.
Q.
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:44 am

The only major problem I have with ecstasy use is that in the case of what I have seen in my friendship groups is that it's has become the gateway to much harder drugs.

A lot of mates have started by taking recreational ecstasy on weekends and then from there they have chased the buzz onto gear, crack etc
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:49 am

Q. wrote:

Because poached eggs are nice, but they taste way better when you add some hollandaise sauce.

So people who take drugs live boring, sad lives? And only drugs can give them some kind of enjoyment?!? Ok... [emoji12]
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:56 am

No, they don't lead sad, boring lives. They add to their lives, well at least they feel they are. Sound familiar?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby test » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:58 am

nuggety goodness wrote:
Q. wrote:

So people who take drugs live boring, sad lives? And only drugs can give them some kind of enjoyment?!? Ok... [emoji12]

Not at all, like Q said, why not have some sauce on your pie? And if we know the sauce is what it's supposed to be it makes for an enjoyable safe meal
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby Q. » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:14 am

nuggety goodness wrote:
Q. wrote:

People live sad and boring lives independent of what they do or don't take.
Q.
Coach

Postby Magellan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:17 am

whufc wrote:The only major problem I have with ecstasy use is that in the case of what I have seen in my friendship groups is that it's has become the gateway to much harder drugs.

A lot of mates have started by taking recreational ecstasy on weekends and then from there they have chased the buzz onto gear, crack etc

I think you raise a good point, whufc. It's interesting to see where this 'gateway' actually lies. Lawmakers have traditionally placed the gateway between alcohol and 'drugs' such as pot, cocaine, heroin, pills etc.

I've always thought that either alcohol or tobacco are the true 'gateway' substances that really start to do things to your mind and behavior (putting aside sugar in kids' food and drink). It's more a question of how you manage yourself once you decide to pass through it, so to speak, and that's a personal and social thing.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:19 am

Do "trips" still do the rounds?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby whufc » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:21 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Do "trips" still do the rounds?

They are available yes lol
whufc
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:22 am

nuggety goodness wrote:
Q. wrote:

An imaginary friend is something someone makes up that no one else knows or sees. God is very different to that.

also, drawing a comparison between (predominantly) illegal activity that most o the time is detrimental to the body and following God is a long bow to draw.

On a side note, religion doesnt alter anything... but that's another kettle of fish all together.

So why do you/people take mind altering substances?

The druggies should envy you NG.

You are able to hallucinate the presence of imaginary beings without the need to ingest expensive and dangerous chemicals.

Or perhaps your pastor has been dipping the Host (tm) into mescaline?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby JK » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:30 am

In my experience, with my circles of friends, as a young buck I always felt the mull was the gateway to harder drugs .. Almost in order people would start on the choof, then progress to Mushies, acid and speed. The likes of Ecstasy and Fantasy etc, didn't seem to be around then.

As a rule, those that didn't smoke weed at all, didn't hit up any drugs at all. Not all the time but that seemed to be the case in majority.

I'd never considered alcohol as a gateway previously, it's not a bad point, as it would certainly be the first mind altering step most people would take - yet a lot of people never progress to anything else.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:33 am

JK wrote:In my experience, with my circles of friends, as a young buck I always felt the mull was the gateway to harder drugs .. Almost in order people would start on the choof, then progress to Mushies, acid and speed. The likes of Ecstasy and Fantasy etc, didn't seem to be around then.

As a rule, those that didn't smoke weed at all, didn't hit up any drugs at all. Not all the time but that seemed to be the case in majority.

I'd never considered alcohol as a gateway previously, it's not a bad point, as it would certainly be the first mind altering step most people would take - yet a lot of people never progress to anything else.

The alcohol one is a good point I couldn't say I know any people who take drugs that never drink.

Drinking and its cultural could be easily seen as the 'gateway'
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:34 am

JK wrote:In my experience, with my circles of friends, as a young buck I always felt the mull was the gateway to harder drugs .. Almost in order people would start on the choof, then progress to Mushies, acid and speed. The likes of Ecstasy and Fantasy etc, didn't seem to be around then.

I'd say most people I know, knew when "growing up" ( some haven't yet! ) found enough trouble, euphoria, by drinking and smoking the reefer and often didn't "need" anything else or more.

The people who used harder drugs didn't drink much, certainly didn't get stoned (it would bring them down) and just did their "up" stuff.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:38 am

My friends who take pills generally do abit of reefer as well

They feel they need the drugs to create the mood they feel they need or want to be in

So Monday to Thursday its a few cones, Friday to Sunday it's the pills

The next step has been the crack and glass pipe which seems to be everyday of the week
whufc
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:43 am

I was good mates with a bloke at school, who was a bit of a ratbag, kinda more cheeky than dangerous though. Anyway post school we sorta lost touch but I'd heard he'd become a bit of a H fiend. Through a mutual mate we did catch up years later, and he was heavily into the Heroin. To the point that he'd told me that the drug was most dangerous when mixed with alcohol, so he'd given up the drink to try and be a safer user. Was a serious shock to hear and see. Unfortunately that was the last time I saw him, probably around 15 years ago. Have often wondered how his life turned out and whether he'd been able to break free of the hold drugs held on him. Like with most drugs (including cigarettes), it just doesn't end well.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion