HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Grumpy Old B » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:14 am

lovethefooty wrote:i have heard that Harland has gone to seaton ramblers also.
a big loss to not have the leagues leading goal kicker.
I am sure they will work hard to replace him though.

any other losses??any other gains??anyone started preseason yet???any prexmas predictions on the top 5???

hey lovethefooty, I hear a past Maggie is returning to the nest, adding more height to an already formidable side.
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby lovethefooty » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:28 pm

Hey Grumpy.
sounds good to me.
Does he have a name??
lovethefooty
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Grumpy Old B » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:03 pm

Thought you may have your finger on the pulse LTF being a Hahndorf man. Steve Wyld
Grumpy Old B

Postby lovethefooty » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:36 pm

seems like you are more up to date than me...
that is a good signing if true??
lovethefooty
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Grumpy Old B » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:40 pm

Has signed according to my sources LTF with more to follow. A Magpie Roo GF then followed by Loby, Uraidla and Ech
Grumpy Old B

Postby supercoach » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:01 pm

Interesting how the partime paid CEO of Torrens Valley Glen Elliott gets the gig as HFL President. Nominated by a certain Bronte H and just turns up on the night. Obviously no conflict of interest coming there. Possible CFB plant. Elliott does nothing for nothing so expect his to be a paid job soon. Also got the sack from previous roles after he stuffed them up............................. About the only good thing he did was sack Jarman when he was at North.
Interesting season ahead. :lol: :lol:
supercoach
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby hollywood7477 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:11 pm

lovethefooty wrote:seems like you are more up to date than me...
that is a good signing if true??

Is definitely true. He said he was always going to finish his footy back at Hahndorf.
Big loss for Mitcham as he is one of the best dfenders in Div 3
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby cracka » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:28 pm

supercoach wrote:Interesting how the partime paid CEO of Torrens Valley Glen Elliott gets the gig as HFL President. Nominated by a certain Bronte H and just turns up on the night. Obviously no conflict of interest coming there. Possible CFB plant. Elliott does nothing for nothing so expect his to be a paid job soon. Also got the sack from previous roles after he stuffed them up............................. About the only good thing he did was sack Jarman when he was at North.

That can't be true, definite conflict of interest. Was anyone else nominated for the role & isn't Bronte H from Nairne.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Pine Warmer » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:27 pm

Anyone know how matt barber goes? Played a few years at bridgewater
Pine Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Western Districts

Postby Sniper » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:40 pm

cracka wrote:
supercoach wrote:Interesting how the partime paid CEO of Torrens Valley Glen Elliott gets the gig as HFL President. Nominated by a certain Bronte H and just turns up on the night. Obviously no conflict of interest coming there. Possible CFB plant. Elliott does nothing for nothing so expect his to be a paid job soon. Also got the sack from previous roles after he stuffed them up............................. About the only good thing he did was sack Jarman when he was at North.

That can't be true, definite conflict of interest. Was anyone else nominated for the role & isn't Bronte H from Nairne.

Yes Bronte is the lesser known twin from Nairne.

2 nominee's for HFL President, Glenn Elliott and Owen Lamshed. Winner determined by them whistling and calling Owens dog and seeing which leg it would run to and hump ..... All above board.
Sniper
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

Postby supercoach » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:00 pm

Funny how one can just turn up on the night and get voted in to the job.
May have been all above board but knowing the individuals i doubt it.
Takes multi tasking to a new level.
God help the HFL and any integrity it had left.
supercoach
Rookie

Postby cracka » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:19 pm

Sniper wrote:
cracka wrote:

Yes Bronte is the lesser known twin from Nairne.

2 nominee's for HFL President, Glenn Elliott and Owen Lamshed. Winner determined by them whistling and calling Owens dog and seeing which leg it would run to and hump ..... All above board.

So is Elliott the CEO of TV as well, is that definite.
cracka
Veteran

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:30 pm

CFB seed sounds more than likely
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby supercoach » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:46 pm

Cracka just confirming Elliott is paid CEO of TV in a part time role.
supercoach
Rookie

Postby cracka » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:06 pm

supercoach wrote:Cracka just confirming Elliott is paid CEO of TV in a part time role.

And the clubs voted him in as pres of the HFL. #-o. Only got themselves to blame then for any conflict of interest or did they not know of his appointment at TV.
With all the complaints of the previous board why didn't any of the disgruntled club's at least put up an alternative, too lazy maybe. Glad I'm not involved anymore.
cracka
Veteran

Postby rock » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:09 pm

This Elliott bloke seems to resign everywhere he goes, he must know when he has worn out his welcome and pulls the trigger before he gets sacked. Like cracka says we've only got the clubs to blame, why would you appoint someone who walks through the door for the first time the night of the AGM. Elliott is a cash grabber from what I understand hence his position at TV and the fact he will be seeking the position as HFL President be a paid one.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby statkeeper » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:44 pm

Pine Warmer wrote:Anyone know how matt barber goes? Played a few years at bridgewater

Matt Barber is a Very Very good defender.. one of the best I have seen in hills football.. where's he looking like going?
statkeeper
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Gimp » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:07 am

cracka wrote:
supercoach wrote:Cracka just confirming Elliott is paid CEO of TV in a part time role.

And the clubs voted him in as pres of the HFL. #-o. Only got themselves to blame then for any conflict of interest or did they not know of his appointment at TV.
With all the complaints of the previous board why didn't any of the disgruntled club's at least put up an alternative, too lazy maybe. Glad I'm not involved anymore.

Unless they have, (or are going to) re-write the constitution or he is leaving TV, I don't believe he can be the President...

9.6 The League Officials, must not be involved in the management or administration of any member club, nor hold any other position which could generally be seen as a conflict of interest in respect to their position as League Official.

:? :?
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Omron » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:30 pm

SecretInformant wrote:
lovethefooty wrote:its trade week in the afl and it seems only fitting that we start to discuss the silly season here too.
anyone heard of any recruits, signings or rumors????

and on a related topic, what does your team need to bolster its ranks??

Definitely not as exciting as the AFL with its trade winds. I'd say a simple search of clubs Facebook pages/websites would be the best way to stay updated I reckon. A simple search of them at the moment shows:

Hahndorf: Seem to still be basking in their premiership glory, and also have had their best and fairest count. Nothing on recruits yet. If they keep the playing list, they’ll be a good chance of creating a dynasty like Uraidla have done.

Uraidla: Just reached 500 likes on their pages. Not much other action. Probably back working on the cabbage patch. They’ll be around the mark again next season whatever they do in the off season.

Echunga: No updated since they lost the Prelim final, maybe they’re still at the pub drowning the sorrows. If I was recruiting for them, I’d be worrying if they’re going to have the same coach, if they have enough juniors and maybe signing another big man to help Cranna and the defense out.

Torrens Valley: Have their B&F coming up at the town hall and are looking to confirm attendees. Not many likes on the post. I’d be desperately recruiting juniors and a club if I was them.

Lobethal: Had the best and fairest, nothing on recruits. If I was recruiting I would be looking for key defenders to play on the power forwards of opposition clubs. Would say they are under achieving at this moment as they have a very good midfield.

Mt Barker: Can’t find their page. Looked on their website. Nothing either. Pretty bad for the biggest club in the competition. No doubt they’ll add a quality recruit or two over the off season.

Blackwood: Reappointed coach Salievic and have their best and fairest coming up this Friday. No signings yet. I would be looking for quality forwards (both tall and small) if I was recruiting.

Ironbank: Already seem to be very active, replacing Jarman with Eddie Hocking. Also have Ben Yeomans and Geoff Munn returning (I am guessing they maybe 0 point players which would be handy for them as they were playing under 17’s last season). Hopefully they aren’t spending the money on them and are looking at cleaning up the away changerooms. THEY WERE A DISGRACE LAST SEASON. Heard a story that there was RAT DROPPINGS IN THE TOILET when a particular club played there last season. Absolutely disgusting stuff!!!! Also we had to warm up on the road around the oval as there was no grass to warm up on.

Mt Lofty: B&F coming up this weekend. Nothing on recruits yet although I’ve heard some whispers they are trying to get some big names. I would be looking at adding depth at both ends of the grounds.

Onkas: No sure if mentioned, but MaGahey is out after one season riddled with injury. Seems abit unlucky at clubs after moving from Birdwood, to Ironbank to Onkas. Where will he be next? Nobody knows. They've signed James Moore, will be bring anyone with him? They've already lost Kirwan back to Norwood. Recruiting wise, quality players in all posts are required to guide the younger players they have. More importantly, will they still be in the central division competition?

Bridgewater: Added them into this summary as they maybe back next season. Had the B&F count and by all reports going to Div 2 was good for the club as they finally won some games as a club. But do they feel they belong in Div 1? We'll have to wait and see. They would need to add quality talls to the squad to be competitive in Div 1.
Omron
Mini-League

Postby Omron » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:34 pm

Only a Mt Lofty idiot would bag Ironbank on hearsay evidence who have one of the worst changerooms in the league and where is your warmup area
Omron
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy