ASCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ASCA

Postby wycbloods » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:28 am

storyoftheyear wrote:Ahh remember the days before twitter, instagram and snapchat when this forum was buzzing with activity? Just for old times sake, lets talk some s#!% about the glory days gone by (really just the last 10 years though). How about the following:

Hardest batsman to get out? Steven Rowe seen him make many runs against very good bowling

Craftiest bowler (well thought out bowling)? Mark O'Malley

Hardest bowler to face from ball one? Dave Sampson at his best has been very difficult.

Best Keeper? Rossi and Krutli hard to split them

Most explosive innings you've seen in ASCA? Quite a while ago now ( 2005 ish) but i remember watching from the other end for the majority of Todd Roberts 100* in the last 10 overs at Edwardstown Oval. Highlight being 3 consecutive sixes of Petersen with each of them going further than the last one.

Best 'textbook' innings you've seen in ASCA? Hoppy's 197 against Coro is hard to go past.

Best game you've played in?
Been lucky enough to play in a few GF's but my first A grade flag would have to be best game i've played in. Just happened to be against the sharks as well :)
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Deep Heat » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:30 am

Hardest batsmen to get out - Rob Hopkins WYC & Richard PressWYC
Craftiest bowler - Josh Lourens / S. Strange
Hardest Bowler ball one - Rob Mccard Cove
Best Keeper - Matt Sloan/Shaun Krutli both worlds ahead of everyone else
Most explosive innings I've seen - Steven Thomas v coro had to go to a wedding and teed off from ball one trying to get out and hit 100+ in quick time
Best text book innings I have seen - Matt Sloan , Rob Hopkins, Richard Press
Best game I have played in - 2013/2014 grand final v WYC we looked gone for all money and our tail managed to get us over the line awesome feeling
Deep Heat
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby CoverKing » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:22 am

Cracking game that GF. Cove red hot favourites, WYC put a competitive score on the board and then bowled bloody well against the Cove side who were deserving premiers. Good game that one
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:26 am

Plympton off to a good start to the Season. Hopefully it can continue. Good too see.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby caleb777 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:12 pm

Years ago we used to tip section 1. Thought I might give it a crack and see how people think each team is travelling.

Sheidow Park v Plympton Footballers
Plympton have been smashing teams all over the park with their super strong batting lineup. Sheidow will bounce back after last game im sure but i think Plympton's balanced bowling lineup will get the job done in a high scoring affair.
Morphettville Park v Keswick
Keswick has some very strong batters and a bowling lineup that is accurate and disciplined. Not sure who will get the wickets for Morphy Parks.
Morphett Vale v Cove
Cove have just continued to be a very balanced and damaging side. Class bowlers and batsman up and down the order. This could be a healthy win for Cove.
Western Youth Centre v Port Noarlunga
Game of the round for me as WYC and Porties have been playing well. Porties to get up in a close one but really toss a coin.
Coromandel Ramblers v South Road
Hopefully we can continue to play well at our home deck and build on our outright win last week. Having three home games at the start of the year is very strange and I know our batters are keen to get away from the bouncy deck of the dene.
caleb777
Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Amateur Footy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:35 pm

No comments about Barney's 500th wicket coming up on the weekend?? Caleb777 should have something to say about it.

Well done to Darren Williams - proves line and length conquers ASCA batsmen.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby wycbloods » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:47 pm

Amateur Footy wrote:No comments about Barney's 500th wicket coming up on the weekend?? Caleb777 should have something to say about it.

Well done to Darren Williams - proves line and length conquers ASCA batsmen.

That is a super effort. 500 wickets means he has bowled plenty of overs across many years. Seems like he is turning back the clock with 2 5fa's already this season.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:39 am

Keswick won both their SAMCA T20 games vs Enfield United and Port Noarlunga to progress to the final.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Theloveofit » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:22 pm

Can anyone see Cove getting done this yr?
Theloveofit
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby sportsfan » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:16 pm

Theloveofit wrote:Can anyone see Cove getting done this yr?

But too early for that buddy, the boys only just got over the line last week, and with plenty of good sides still to play (keswick, plympton, ramblers etc). Sheidow this week who are in good form. Cricket is a funny game.
sportsfan

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Moe » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:04 am

I heard a whisper that Steven Thomas has retired.
Congratulations mate on a great career in ASCA.
I still remember fondly our first A grade section 1 premiership in 27 years at Morphy Parks, of which you played a massive part in.
Very intelligent recruiting by myself I must say.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Moe » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:14 am

Moe wrote:I heard a whisper that Steven Thomas has retired.
Congratulations mate on a great career in ASCA.
I still remember fondly our first A grade section 1 premiership in 27 years at Morphy Parks, of which you played a massive part in.
Very intelligent recruiting by myself I must say.

And that retirement lasted less than a week.

Welcome back John Farnham
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby The Dude » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:14 pm

Cove and Keswick both kicked out of the T20 comp due to unregistered players was that correct?? good excuse's by the clubs or harsh by the league whats the go there??
The Dude
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:44 pm

pretty straight forward really... 100% of organised sport require players to be registered,,,
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby The Dude » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:53 pm

I heard Keswick had something with someone having duel registration but if its straight forward as u said fair enough just a tad strange there players will boycott the association game
The Dude
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Mike Lowery » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:03 pm

Cove's player was registered and always has been. Another club registered him without him being cleared and they kick cove out. Work that out
Mike Lowery
Mini-League

ASCA

Postby bazza1 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:53 pm

Should the ASCA follow the lead of the SACA and call the games off early, rather than Saturday morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My drinking club has a cricket problem!
bazza1
Reserves

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby wycbloods » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:48 am

Mike Lowery wrote:Cove's player was registered and always has been. Another club registered him without him being cleared and they kick cove out. Work that out

PERMITS
30. (a) No player who has played with any Club in this Association or any grade of any other Cricket Association shall play with any Club in this Association without first obtaining a permit from the Executive Committee.
(f) Any Club playing a person requiring, but not having first obtained a permit or clearance as defined in the foregoing Clauses shall be deemed to have lost the match or matches in which such player has played and that Club shall forfeit all points. The Club's opponents in each instance shall be deemed to have won such match or matches and in each match shall be awarded points as allotted for a first innings win, (or retain its winning points, whichever are the higher).
(g) Any player deliberately furnishing incorrect particulars to his Club Secretary or taking part in a match knowing of his need to obtain a permit to play in such match shall be liable to suspension by the Association.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:22 am

bazza1 wrote:Should the ASCA follow the lead of the SACA and call the games off early, rather than Saturday morning?

C&CCA call off games Friday evenings based on the BOM forecast at around 4:10pm.. I believe that's generally the forecast the news issues, and it's the last update until 5am Sat morning.. history shows it very rarely decreases in temp from the Friday evening forecast and the Saturday morning forecast.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:37 pm

Zartan wrote:
bazza1 wrote:Should the ASCA follow the lead of the SACA and call the games off early, rather than Saturday morning?

C&CCA call off games Friday evenings based on the BOM forecast at around 4:10pm.. I believe that's generally the forecast the news issues, and it's the last update until 5am Sat morning.. history shows it very rarely decreases in temp from the Friday evening forecast and the Saturday morning forecast.

Would have thought it was a given if the semi professional competition said it was too hot to play even with the best facilities and overall fitness of the participants.....

First time that I can recall ever all SACA grades off due to heat.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps