HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:42 pm

SecretInformant wrote:
Ironbank: Already seem to be very active, replacing Jarman with Eddie Hocking. Also have Ben Yeomans and Geoff Munn returning (I am guessing they maybe 0 point players which would be handy for them as they were playing under 17’s last season). Hopefully they aren’t spending the money on them and are looking at cleaning up the away changerooms. THEY WERE A DISGRACE LAST SEASON. Heard a story that there was RAT DROPPINGS IN THE TOILET when a particular club played there last season. Absolutely disgusting stuff!!!! Also we had to warm up on the road around the oval as there was no grass to warm up on.

Wow! What a disgrace!!!

Here was stupid me with the strange idea that toilets were purpose designed for excrement.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Afterthesiren » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:44 pm

Glen Elliott - HFL President - this is a BIG MISTAKE. Surely this can't be actioned with him being in breach of the current by laws with his paid involvement at the Torrens Valley FC (or what's left of a football club there).
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:25 am

The Echunga Football Club wishes to advise its members, sponsors and supporters that we will be advertising for a new senior coach for the 2016 season.

Jesse Aish has informed the senior committee that due to his increased commitments with the Norwood Football Club in the SANFL he will no longer be able to devote enough time to be the senior coach of the Echunga A grade side in 2016.

Jesse remains committed to the football club and will continue to play for the Echunga Football Club.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2321 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Grumpy Old B » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:14 pm

Nice pick up Dutchy from Echunga''s facebook page , no mention on there about the sacking of their assistant coach, which happened two weeks ago. I wonder if they still have a canteen manager as things appear a bit hot in the kitchen.
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby overthehill » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:15 pm

I believe Echunga have appointed Glen Elliott as their new senior coach for 2016
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby saintal » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:09 pm

Can any Hahndorf people confirm if Hourigan is staying with the Pies? Would like to see him give the SANFL another crack.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Grumpy Old B » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:50 pm

A mate of mine at Hahndorf says he has signed on for another 2 years
Grumpy Old B

Postby oldbomber » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:46 am

Grumpy Old B wrote:A mate of mine at Hahndorf says he has signed on for another 2 years

Hope its not true as a gun young footballer why not have a crack at it.

The official story was he couldnt handle a pre season whilst recovering from OP. However starting to think thats just bs now and after enjoying himself out in the country he might just be content to play out there now instead of challenge himself at a higher level which he is surely capable of.

There might be more to it i dont know but as an outsider im not sure he has managed all that expectation and hope after not getting drafted all that well and sounds like he is taking the easy option to me which is a shame and weak if true as he is a highly talented player.
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby wonder_kid » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:48 am

How is it wea??? The high level isn't for everybody...
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:48 am

oldbomber wrote:
Grumpy Old B wrote:A mate of mine at Hahndorf says he has signed on for another 2 years

The official story was he couldnt handle a pre season whilst recovering from OP. However starting to think thats just bs now and after enjoying himself out in the country he might just be content to play out there now instead of challenge himself at a higher level which he is surely capable of.

There might be more to it i dont know but as an outsider im not sure he has managed all that expectation and hope after not getting drafted all that well and sounds like he is taking the easy option to me which is a shame and weak if true as he is a highly talented player.

Obviously the "higher" level is not paying what it should.
Meaningless league now that only holds its current status due to historical reasons.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby batmanbegins » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:38 pm

oldbomber wrote:

Waste of talent really as the kid is a star and should of gone back to see if could get himself on an AFL list but if he doesn't want to thats fair enough, just hopefully doesn't regret it when he's older.

Hahndorf will be hard to beat with that side from last year plus the new guys they have picked up.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby SecretInformant » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:26 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
oldbomber wrote:

Waste of talent really as the kid is a star and should of gone back to see if could get himself on an AFL list but if he doesn't want to thats fair enough, just hopefully doesn't regret it when he's older.

Hahndorf will be hard to beat with that side from last year plus the new guys they have picked up.

You can't blame the lad, calling him weak is pathetic and stupid. It's just the times we live in now... When you're 18/19 years old (or however old he is I'm not sure) and a club comes knocking at your door offering you say $300 a game cash in hand (he may have been offered a lot more or less I do not know) what decision are most lads going to make??? Some (very few) will aim to pursue the path to make AFL because that's what they dream of doing but majority of them will take the cash as they are most concerned with being able to live an exciting life going out with mates to town etc... Sadly, although they maybe have the talent and could be anything, they're not interested in spending 5 days a week training at SANFL and then getting nothing for it, on the small chance they may get drafted.
SecretInformant

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby cracka » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:45 am

Apparently Glenn Elliott has been appointed CEO of Glenelg FC. Going to be a busy man.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby afc9798 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:20 pm

cracka wrote:Apparently Glenn Elliott has been appointed CEO of Glenelg FC. Going to be a busy man.

Well so far he's....
CEO of the HFL
Coaching
CEO of Glenelg
Special Envoy to the UN
Head of FIFA
President of the United States

He's one amazing fella this Elliott bloke!!
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby oldbomber » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:19 am

SecretInformant wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:
oldbomber wrote:

You can't blame the lad, calling him weak is pathetic and stupid. It's just the times we live in now... When you're 18/19 years old (or however old he is I'm not sure) and a club comes knocking at your door offering you say $300 a game cash in hand (he may have been offered a lot more or less I do not know) what decision are most lads going to make??? Some (very few) will aim to pursue the path to make AFL because that's what they dream of doing but majority of them will take the cash as they are most concerned with being able to live an exciting life going out with mates to town etc... Sadly, although they maybe have the talent and could be anything, they're not interested in spending 5 days a week training at SANFL and then getting nothing for it, on the small chance they may get drafted.

Ok yeah weak might be a bit rough...just frustrating when a bloke who clearly has talent takes the easier option for whatever reason. Yes i 100% agree that the SANFL need to pay players more if they are putting in 5 days a week. If he gave it a crack whose not to say he couldnt be a mature age draftee and get himself a proper paying contract in the AFL if money is so important. Again has the talent and ability but maybe not the want, desire or mindset to make it all the way and if he doesnt have a crack we will never know...i too hope he doesnt regret it when hes older
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby mirror#3 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:22 pm

An AFL club isn't going to recruit a player that can barely complete a 2km time trial... Enormous talent but cant run more than 100m. If he loves it up at Hahndorf and enjoys the country footy feel, then good on him!
mirror#3
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Benchwarmer » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:36 am

Seeing as though 2016 is only 4 days away, any idea when the draw for next season comes out?
Benchwarmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby running defender » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:12 am

Vale vic (victory) jones a greate stalwart
Of the Echunga footy club .
Will be sadly missed
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby cracka » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:00 pm

running defender wrote:Vale vic (victory) jones a greate stalwart
Of the Echunga footy club .
Will be sadly missed

Genuine legend of hills footy.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Grumpy Old B » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:25 pm

Am away interstate at the moment. Is that true Vic has left us. So sad to loose a good bloke and a true character of the Hills footy. RIP Vic
Grumpy Old B

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy