Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:33 am

Booney wrote:Playing life Membership - 10 year and 100 games.

I'll look into non-playing, but I would think 10 years or at the boards discretion, like most clubs.

I asked because of Tom Logan. You forget that it's only something like 100 games for an honour like that and not based on on-field contribution.
He's been a bit player, from what I can gather, over the years, but gets an honour such as life membership, which is a nice reward for hard work.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:39 pm

valleys07 wrote:Some more great news. 2 quality footballers and quality men, are now locked away to become one club players.

I have it on good authority that one of our 2 remaining "gifts" will be Chad (no great surprise there- he was never going anywhere), but (dependent on the order) Ollie will not be #3 or #4.

If Ollie isnt signed in this spate of signatures I dont think you are going to get it at all. Reckon he slips into a brown and gold guernsey fairly nicely and we have more salary cap space than Port
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Dutchy » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:47 pm

Looks like tomorrow's isnt Wingard or Wines....surely they are the signatures the members want to see not one year extensions to guys that aren;t going anwhere....
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3567 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:52 pm

Dutchy wrote:Looks like tomorrow's isnt Wingard or Wines....surely they are the signatures the members want to see not one year extensions to guys that aren;t going anwhere....

Wingard ain't going nowhere, he tampered with the draft to get to Port. Will be there for life
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3560 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:04 am

daysofourlives wrote:
valleys07 wrote:Some more great news. 2 quality footballers and quality men, are now locked away to become one club players.

I have it on good authority that one of our 2 remaining "gifts" will be Chad (no great surprise there- he was never going anywhere), but (dependent on the order) Ollie will not be #3 or #4.

If Ollie isnt signed in this spate of signatures I dont think you are going to get it at all. Reckon he slips into a brown and gold guernsey fairly nicely and we have more salary cap space than Port

Wines will sign for 2 years. At the end of that he'll be restricted, 25 and a premium midfielder of the competition. His next deal will be as big as any around the competition. I hope both are with Port, I believe they will be.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby JK » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:28 am

Jim05 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Looks like tomorrow's isnt Wingard or Wines....surely they are the signatures the members want to see not one year extensions to guys that aren;t going anwhere....

Wingard ain't going nowhere, he tampered with the draft to get to Port. Will be there for life

Apparently Port's offer isn't close to some others his management has received. Have no doubt he'll stay as he's an SA boy with strong family ties here, but I'd think Port will have to stump up considerably more $$ than they've tabled.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby stan » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:33 am

Wingard on an 3 year deal apparently.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:34 am

The Chad V2.0 signs a 3 year deal. Excellent, Smithers.... :lol:

CHAD WINGARD has signed a three-year deal to keep him at Port Adelaide until the end of the 2019.

The All-Australian forward will be 26 when his contract next comes up for renewal.

Currently 22 years of age, Wingard's star has risen swiftly in the AFL playing stocks - he is ranked 20 on the AFL's player ratings table and became a dual All-Australian this year.

His contract extension follows those of Travis Boak and Robbie Gray, who will also remain tied to the Power until the end of the 2019 season.

Wingard cited an enjoyment of football and the culture of Port Adelaide, additional to his ability to stay close to family, as key to his new agreement.

He will also continue to work with the club's community programs, particularly those in the Aboriginal engagement and development space.

“There is such a great feeling among the players and the club in general, I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else,” Wingard said.

“Family is everything to me and the boys are like my second family.

“I also value, so much, the work the club is doing with our Aboriginal and community programs and I’m looking forward to continuing to work with all the boys in growing that in the years to come.”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:45 am

The big fish to cap it all off. Excellent news.

Wingard, Boak, Gray locked away until 2019- got to be happy with that as a power fan.

The sad reality is that the media will use this opportunity to excessively harp on the fact that Wines is yet to sign.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby stan » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:51 am

valleys07 wrote:The big fish to cap it all off. Excellent news.

Wingard, Boak, Gray locked away until 2019- got to be happy with that as a power fan.

The sad reality is that the media will use this opportunity to excessively harp on the fact that Wines is yet to sign.

Why is that an issue. His signature is huge as there are reportly plenty of clubs interested.
stan
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:53 am

stan wrote:

Why is that an issue. His signature is huge as there are reportly plenty of clubs interested.

I mean in the sense that out of the 4 announcements, the fact Wines hasn't signed will be the biggest news of all.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:53 am

stan wrote:

It's not that big.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby MW » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:01 pm

valleys07 wrote:
stan wrote:

I mean in the sense that out of the 4 announcements, the fact Wines hasn't signed will be the biggest news of all.

Welcome to the Crows of 2015
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1863 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:07 pm

valleys07 wrote:
stan wrote:

Because it is big news.

Surely a 5 year deal would have been on the table for Wingard?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3567 times

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:09 pm

It was, I believe, but canny management would have suggested take 3 years and at 26 when that one is done you'll be better placed to cash in on the last one.

I love how Port sign a gun for 3 years and you find a way to question it. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:10 pm

Does this contract end when he qualifies for free agency?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1863 times

Postby valleys07 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:36 pm

Dutchy wrote:
valleys07 wrote:
stan wrote:

Because it is big news.

Surely a 5 year deal would have been on the table for Wingard?

Not sure where I said it wasn't big news. I am very keen for Wines to commit beyond 2016.

Anyway, play on.

valleys07
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:54 pm

I think Wines will sign on soon. Port would probably like for longer but if he has a manager worth his salt he would sign on for 2 years, bringing him out of contact at restricted free agency. Obviously then his stocks have increase and its time to sign a 5 year deal for plenty.

Not sure if someone else mentioned this on here, but it just seems like player manager 101.
stan
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:02 pm

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Wines will sign for 2 years. At the end of that he'll be restricted, 25 and a premium midfielder of the competition. His next deal will be as big as any around the competition. I hope both are with Port, I believe they will be.

Maybe.... ;)

stan wrote:I think Wines will sign on soon. Port would probably like for longer but if he has a manager worth his salt he would sign on for 2 years, bringing him out of contact at restricted free agency. Obviously then his stocks have increase and its time to sign a 5 year deal for plenty.

Not sure if someone else mentioned this on here, but it just seems like player manager 101.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:02 pm

You dont get Restricted free agency after 6 years service do you? Thought it was 8?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL