SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Postby Jim05 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:02 pm

o five wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Tech1 wrote:Lets face it, Norwood don't really worry about a salary cap, looking at your ins and outs the quality in the players coming in compared to the ones that have left to me says you are already close to over but like i said Norwood don't worry about that anyway. Newton in the top 10% of salaries in the comp, geez i would've hated paying all that money when he was sitting in the reserves a few years back.

Why don't you go through the ins and outs and list what you think they are worth?
Cachia is probably the only one who I'm not sure on and reckon he would be on a bit but Fuller was offered good money by 2 VFL sides but chose to come home, Kirwan and Wilson also returning for a fraction they could get elsewhere and in Wilson and Fullers case they would be aiming to get back on a AFL list and believe they can play their best footy back home. Lost a fair bit of quality in the offseason and for some of the players coming in money isn't the only factor. LJ is one who could earn a fair bit more elsewhere but due to several other factors have decided he wants to play at Norwood. Obviously this all depends on an agreement being reached over the transfer

Cut the bullshit, You will rort the cap again and probably win another flag. Just wish my club would do the same thing.

We will be under the cap but obviously there are plenty of ways around it with employment etc. Every club has being using third parties and sponsors "donations" for years. North are a very rich club with well to do members and sponsors I'm sure they can find ways to attract new players [emoji6]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Brendan M » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:12 pm

Salary cap is irrelevant when it does not apply to two clubs. Scrap it.
Brendan M
Rookie

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby SABRE » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:29 pm

Brendan M wrote:Salary cap is irrelevant when it does not apply to two clubs. Scrap it.

And them !!!
NFC 2021
SABRE
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 44 times

Postby holden78 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:50 am

o five wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Tech1 wrote:Lets face it, Norwood don't really worry about a salary cap, looking at your ins and outs the quality in the players coming in compared to the ones that have left to me says you are already close to over but like i said Norwood don't worry about that anyway. Newton in the top 10% of salaries in the comp, geez i would've hated paying all that money when he was sitting in the reserves a few years back.

Why don't you go through the ins and outs and list what you think they are worth?
Cachia is probably the only one who I'm not sure on and reckon he would be on a bit but Fuller was offered good money by 2 VFL sides but chose to come home, Kirwan and Wilson also returning for a fraction they could get elsewhere and in Wilson and Fullers case they would be aiming to get back on a AFL list and believe they can play their best footy back home. Lost a fair bit of quality in the offseason and for some of the players coming in money isn't the only factor. LJ is one who could earn a fair bit more elsewhere but due to several other factors have decided he wants to play at Norwood. Obviously this all depends on an agreement being reached over the transfer

Cut the bullshit, You will rort the cap again and probably win another flag. Just wish my club would do the same thing.

Be kind, the two Norwood muppets are their club's Spin & Deflect dynamic duo champs, only on here to defend the obvious ...
Just have a look at how many posts they have pumped out ffs :roll:
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:25 am

It saddens me no end that I follow the same team as you Holden78.. Some of the dribble you spill out on here is astounding
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Big Phil » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:26 pm

Could a player be tempted into a return back to his original SANFL club?
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Big Phil wrote:Could a player be tempted into a return back to his original SANFL club?

I think a player could be tempted to return to his original club Phil yes. Im sure its happened before
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Magellan » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:07 pm

Big Phil wrote:Could a player be tempted into a return back to his original SANFL club?

Some say the deal can't be done, but I've heard a whisper that Lee Robson might come back to Torrens. You heard it first here.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby stan » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:31 pm

Also heard that an unnamed player has been linked to an unnamed club. Un mentioned $$$ involved. This is aaid tk be a real possibilty as the unnamed player is believed to have football experience...[emoji12]
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby on the rails » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:07 pm

Lewis Johnston will be cleared officially late today or by first thing tomorrow morning.

Thankfully we can all move on fro the whole saga!
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Big Phil » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:18 pm

on the rails wrote:Lewis Johnston will be cleared officially late today or by first thing tomorrow morning.

Thankfully we can all move on fro the whole saga!

Thank god for that !!!
Last edited by Big Phil on Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Phil
Coach

Postby Big Phil » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:21 pm

human_torpedo wrote:

I think a player could be tempted to return to his original club Phil yes. Im sure its happened before

A player, who has previously played with a certain club but left for more opportunities, is looking at the possibility of moving back to his original club, for more opportunities, ahead of season 2016...
Big Phil
Coach

Postby Big Phil » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:22 pm

It's official !!!

Lewis Johsnton is now a Redleg...

http://www.norwoodfc.com.au/News/LATEST ... _LEGS.aspx
Big Phil
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:22 pm

Big Phil wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:

A player, who has previously played with a certain club but left for more opportunities, is looking at the possibility of moving back to his original club, for more opportunities, ahead of season 2016...

I gathered that was the case. Was just winding you up mate. Seems to be a classic case of the grass isn't always greener..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Big Phil » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:24 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:

I gathered that was the case. Was just winding you up mate. Seems to be a classic case of the grass isn't always greener..

Yes, I know and I don't mind ;)

Yes, exactly. This player would be a good get for his original club, should it eventuate, and he would certainly get more opportunities...
Big Phil
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:30 pm

human_torpedo wrote:It saddens me no end that I follow the same team as you Holden78.. Some of the dribble you spill out on here is astounding

Don't blame ya mate. We have enough of our own ****wits, without needing someone that stupid. Condolences
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby sib » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:33 pm

The Norwood Football Club is excited to announce today that we have agreed to terms with the North Adelaide Football Club for the transfer of Lewis Johnston.
Lewis is a high level key position forward who offers flexibility to our football club, with the knowledge he is more than capable of moving into our midfield or down back which may become important with the restrictions on rotations in 2016.
Johnston, originally from Port Pirie in country South Australia, was drafted to the Sydney Swans with pick 12 in the 2008 National draft after being named in the U18 All Australian team in the same year.
Lewis spent both the 2013 and 2014 seasons on the Adelaide Crows Senior list playing 8 matches, before returning to North Adelaide.
2015 was a frustrating year for Lewis, breaking his ankle in Round 2 against Port Adelaide at Alberton and not returning for the remainder of the season.
One of the best kicks of a football in the SANFL competition, Lewis is working for KeyInvest Lending Services situated next to Coopers Stadium on the Parade, and this proximity will assist Lewis in his preparation for season 2016.
At 24, Johnston along with former North teammate Luke Mitchell, will add much needed class and forward presence after the departure of Michael Newton and Liam Davis.
We welcome Lewis to the Norwood Football Club and wish all our supporters, members and Norwood family, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
sib
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Postby DOC » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:01 pm

Andrew Ainger asked if he could come back but we said no. Pity. There are no night games for us next year.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby blueandwhite » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:44 pm

DOC wrote:

Andrew Ainger asked if he could come back but we said no. Pity. There are no night games for us next year.

:D :D :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby on the rails » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:14 pm

Got to laugh at the Norwood press release re mentioning Luke Mitchell - he was all class for 1 game over 2 seasons. His "alleged" off field "shit" surely would have concerned Norwoods recruiters if they had done any due diligence considering anyone close to the SANFL knew exactly what he and the other key departures at Prospect got up to. However a big portion of the blame for alleged off field stuff, poor rehab etc. etc. Is the clubs fault as much as the players given it occurred over two seasons!
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL