Things that make you laugh

Anything!

Re: Things that make you laugh

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:27 pm

Magellan wrote:Reckon the bottle of rum is the prescription for whatever ails you, HH3. It'll either poison or drown the bug in your system, or at least it'll be too drunk to buggerise with your immune system.

Have tomorrow off due to a massive hangover.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:34 pm

The boss might give him another bottle and a wad of cash!
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby stan » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:59 pm

HH3 wrote:Doesn't really make me laugh, but makes me happy.

Im pretty crook, and slept in this morning.

My missus rang work to talk to me, and they told her I hadn't come in, and she couldn't get me on the mobile coz I was snoozin'.

She rushed home from work to make sure I wasn't dead, and woke me up about 9am.

I dawdled around the house getting ready and she said "You don't seem too worried. You're gonna be an hour and a half late to work without telling anyone".

My response, "What are they gonna do? Sack me?" (with a chuckle).

Get to work, everyone's happy to see me. Walk into the owners office. He's hands me a bottle of Sailor Jerrys and an envelope with Xmas cash in it. Then tells me to go home whenever I want.

So today I get a sleep in, a bottle of my favourite rum, a pretty decent wad of cash, and an early minute. :)

Where the **** do you work?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby HH3 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:15 am

Ive built up a heap of brownie points lately, including a promotion to second in charge below the owner. Plus i havent had a day off in 6 months.

The bottle and bonus where just coincidentally on the same day i slept through my alarm.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby am Bays » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:05 am

Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Brodlach » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:41 am

carey wrote:Superstar month on Foxtel- Tonight it's Tom Hawkings! :lol: :lol:

Who next? Jarrod Patrenko?

Alex Rance today :shock:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:49 pm

Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby am Bays » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:02 am

Reading The Keepers, Malcolm Knox's new book over the last few days after getting it a week ago.

Steve Rixons account of the 1984-85 Sydney test amtch agaisnt teh West Indies when Border won the toss and elected to bat against Marshall, Holding Garner and Walsh on a green top. The NSW players (Rixon, Dyson, Bennett and Holland) said we've got to bat last pre toss despite knowing they we're going to be in a world of pain on that deck if the Windies bowled first.

Dyson go out early and so Wood and Wessells got pummelled in the next 90 mins as the Windies got excited at the pitch and bowled too short.

Wessels has come in at lunch and just has let rip at the NSW boys calling them all F***wits and p****s and they've all just laughed at him and Rixon has told him to p!ss off, just get out there and make 150 and we'll win this!

Funnier when you read it....

Good book though. Especially like reading about the back up keepers those with sliding doors moments who could've been but never were or were only just....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:55 am

am Bays wrote:Reading The Keepers, Malcolm Knox's new book over the last few days after getting it a week ago.

Steve Rixons account of the 1984-85 Sydney test amtch agaisnt teh West Indies when Border won the toss and elected to bat against Marshall, Holding Garner and Walsh on a green top. The NSW players (Rixon, Dyson, Bennett and Holland) said we've got to bat last pre toss despite knowing they we're going to be in a world of pain on that deck if the Windies bowled first.

Dyson go out early and so Wood and Wessells got pummelled in the next 90 mins as the Windies got excited at the pitch and bowled too short.

Wessels has come in at lunch and just has let rip at the NSW boys calling them all F***wits and p****s and they've all just laughed at him and Rixon has told him to p!ss off, just get out there and make 150 and we'll win this!

Funnier when you read it....

Good book though. Especially like reading about the back up keepers those with sliding doors moments who could've been but never were or were only just....

'Dutchy' Holland and 'Max' Bennett bowled us to victory in the Windies second innings IIRC, back in the days when the SCG turned big time on the last day.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:06 am

FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Pseudo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:54 pm

^ from those halcyon days when the sport was referred to by its proper name.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Magellan » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:40 pm

Pseudo wrote:^ from those halcyon days when the sport was referred to by its proper name.

Hear hear. The term "Australian Rules" is now almost non-existent. Well done AFL, corporate branding uber alles.

"I'm off to Hindmarsh to watch Adelaide United and Melbourne Victory play a game of EPL" said absolutely no-one ever.
Magellan
Coach

Postby carey » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:56 pm

Groups of people getting to the Strikers game 10mins before it starts expecting front row seats. F**k wits.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Magellan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:06 am

Interesting pictorial insights into Chris Gayle's lifestyle (above those we've already seen in the last 36 hours) from his twitter feed.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/chris-gayle-makes-light-of-10000-fine-on-instagram-20160105-glzyoh.html
Magellan
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:30 am

Magellan wrote:
Pseudo wrote:^ from those halcyon days when the sport was referred to by its proper name.

Hear hear. The term "Australian Rules" is now almost non-existent. Well done AFL, corporate branding uber alles.

"I'm off to Hindmarsh to watch Adelaide United and Melbourne Victory play a game of EPL" said absolutely no-one ever.

I'll never call soccer 'football' either, and it shits me when I hear others do it.

'Aussie Rules' is football, especially for those fortunate enough to live west of the Barassi Line.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:32 am

The only sport I've ever called football besides Aussie Rules is gridiron. And I only started calling it football this year after being around so much of it. Its just what its called.

Having said that, Aussie Rules is "footy" and gridiron is "football" in my household.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Magellan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:52 am

I'm of the view that there are a number of sports around the world that are perfectly entitled to call themselves 'football' - Australian Rules, soccer, both rugby codes, American football, and there may be others. Somewhere in world they all legitimately identify as a form of football game, and I don't think any code has a right above others to claim ownership of the word.

Whether your favorite code is known as 'football' is another question, is based on the roots of the code in the location and depends on where you are geographically and who you're talking to. With my Aussie Rules mates, I'll use 'football', but I'll also use it with soccer friends. I'll also use prefixes like "Australian rules" or 'round-ball' to make myself clear when it's unclear from the context.

Here in SA, Aussie Rules is known as the 'football' code. In NSW, it's rugby union or league. In Manchester, it's the round-ball game. I wouldn't go into a pub in Merseyside and proclaim that the Liverpool-Everton derby wasn't 'football' and that the real deal is a different code played in Australia.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:03 am

Magellan wrote:I'm of the view that there are a number of sports around the world that are perfectly entitled to call themselves 'football' - Australian Rules, soccer, both rugby codes, American football, and there may be others. Somewhere in world they all legitimately identify as a form of football game, and I don't think any code has a right above others to claim ownership of the word.

Whether your favorite code is known as 'football' is another question, is based on the roots of the code in the location and depends on where you are geographically and who you're talking to. With my Aussie Rules mates, I'll use 'football', but I'll also use it with soccer friends. I'll also use prefixes like "Australian rules" or 'round-ball' to make myself clear when it's unclear from the context.

Here in SA, Aussie Rules is known as the 'football' code. In NSW, it's rugby union or league. In Manchester, it's the round-ball game. I wouldn't go into a pub in Merseyside and proclaim that the Liverpool-Everton derby wasn't 'football' and that the real deal is a different code played in Australia.

Good call.

I'm just curious as to why the media has made a big push to call soccer 'football' here in the last 10 years.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:44 am

Failed Creation wrote:
Magellan wrote:I'm of the view that there are a number of sports around the world that are perfectly entitled to call themselves 'football' - Australian Rules, soccer, both rugby codes, American football, and there may be others. Somewhere in world they all legitimately identify as a form of football game, and I don't think any code has a right above others to claim ownership of the word.

Good call.

I'm just curious as to why the media has made a big push to call soccer 'football' here in the last 10 years.

Fox Sports' Simon Hill leads that charge. His unwavering blind faith in the round ball game is unnerving. Nothing the A League does is wrong, nothing the other sports do is right. While he's the almost unofficial spokesman for the round ball game in the country I think it will be held back.

I heard him talking about video referee being a potential in the sport, he said "Football (sic) is a flowing game, there are no stop/start like rugby scrums, or tackles, Aussie rules marks, goals etc." Has he not noticed after a player is felled anywhere, let alone in the box, there's a break in play? Has he no noticed when a shot flies wide of the target, there's a break in play?

Well said Magellan.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Jase » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:39 am

Booney wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:

Good call.

Fox Sports' Simon Hill leads that charge. His unwavering blind faith in the round ball game is unnerving. Nothing the A League does is wrong, nothing the other sports do is right. While he's the almost unofficial spokesman for the round ball game in the country I think it will be held back.

I heard him talking about video referee being a potential in the sport, he said "Football (sic) is a flowing game, there are no stop/start like rugby scrums, or tackles, Aussie rules marks, goals etc." Has he not noticed after a player is felled anywhere, let alone in the box, there's a break in play? Has he no noticed when a shot flies wide of the target, there's a break in play?

Well said Magellan.

As an English person in Australia, I still call the game soccer... its just easier as everyone knows what you are talking about...

Booney, with regards to Simon Hill, while he is a cheer leader for the world game ;) He is also a very harsh critic of what goes on in the game...

Anyhoo I love Aussie Rules, soccer union and most other variations of football...
Last edited by Jase on Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1480 times
Been liked: 552 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion