Aboriginal past

Anything!

Aboriginal past

Postby Mickyj » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:15 pm

Ok ive had a few issues the last few weeks . yes ive got either a head injury or brain injury and having insurer issues .
But before this started i was trying to trace my grannys family
My Dad is around 80 knows very little. When i had an aboriginal GF he said my granny was Aboriginal . Something i kind of guessed .

So its very hard getting the feds to agree but .
My granny came to the royal adelaide to die .
Me getting a head injury at a work function i ended up at the royal adelaide for 11 days and then the hampstead rehab clinic
I had to look at my notes for my daughters phone number to pick me up .
Plus yesterday i had to have a birch meeting same stuff i signed
State govt has me listed as Aboriginal Australian
Never asked the state
But how do i get the feds to do the same
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Aboriginal past

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:19 pm

Good question - one would assume by providing the written proof from the state.

You'd probably also need to provide your Grannys details. Time to start some "who do you think you are" type investigation! :)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Mickyj » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Footy Chick i have on my laptop her birth and marriage certs non say she aboriginal .
mind you the older aborignal lady perving on me in the royal adelaide she looked like my granny
i had to stop myself saying you look like my aboriginal granny lmao
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:14 pm

search for her name and date of birth and any school, (or orphanage if she was stolen) or hospital records that identify as aborginal or half caste.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Mickyj » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:11 pm

Footy Chick wrote:search for her name and date of birth and any school, (or orphanage if she was stolen) or hospital records that identify as aborginal or half caste.

That's good footy chick thanks I will when I can
Funny she passed away at the Royal Adelaide which is listing me on two forms as aboriginal
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:09 am

Hi Micky, hope you are on the mend.
What government agencies list is pretty irrelevent and for stats purposes only, anyone can tick the boxes on the questions on their forms.
By the feds who do you mean? Most federal agencies just have a box to tick on their forms.

To be accepted as having Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage by all government agencies and community organizations you can get a confirmation of Aborignality or Torres Start Islander form completed and stamped by an Indigenous organisation. To get this you will have to meet all of the following three criteria:
1. Be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
2. Identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
3. Be accepted as such by the community in which you live or formerly lived.

Nunkuwarrin Yunti of South Australia Inc in Adelaide can help you with any queries.
They're at 182-190 Wakefield St. Phone No: 8223 5217
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Mickyj » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:56 pm

Thanks Wedgie
its really about finding my grannys aboriginal family for my ailing father . Who knows nothing about them .
When i was in hampstead rehab i was made to go online the speech therapist almost freeked out i had 83 messages . lol
Any way we checked the area my granny was born in 6 to 9 tribal family groups in the area no idea which one .
Ive known before this head injury i needed to visit them whichever one .
Im having issues with why the state govt actually called me aboriginal love it cause i do have the blood in me .
Could be it was the hospital my granny came to adelaide to pass away in .
i even asked at the docs today cause they had a sign up when i said the hospital listed me i got we arent sure but youd have to be seriously ill i replied i have diabetes lmao could help me if i was accepeted money wise .

all this may need to wait a little longer im getting better slowly still have head spins
no idea why the insurer is fighting the claim and deciding they will send me back to work when they say . i asked them that the doctors said they will send me back wont see the one for 3 months . she went off they said insurer decided i contacted my union seems the insurer is lying .
i also seen a written work report calling me a drunk druggie with a high sugar issue before the door hit my face and the floor hit my head . im searching for the paramedics blood test said i was sober sugars normal
no one calls me a drunk ill get someone or the company sued
see im feeling a little better
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:19 pm

That's the spirit Mickey! Good to have you back.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Mickyj » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:55 pm

therisingblues wrote:That's the spirit Mickey! Good to have you back.

Glad to be back
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Mickyj » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:50 pm

Since this head injury has halted me from doing so much like driving ,working , going fishing .
And the important one of finding my aboriginal past . My dads dads people i can find online sent to NSW either 1801 or 1815.
Now my nanas aboriginal past has been a bit of a hard thing.
Friend of mine on facebook has sent me a page listing aboriginals in another section of NSW . So ive sent this person an email just in case they can help.
When it cools down and I'm fitter i will walk to a local library and see if i can find anything online .
Cause home on the net aint easy
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Psyber » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:10 pm

From past to present...

I hadn't known, personally, any aboriginal people apart from one of those children raised by white families in the 1950s. Norma was about 18 or so, when I was 10. (She is the one adopted by a university staff member who did an Arts degree at Adelaide Uni way back then, as I have mentioned here before.)

Just before Christmas, while at Wilpena Resort for a few days I got to know a few of the locals. In the afternoon of the first day there I met, and had a long chat with, an interesting guy named Terry, who is on the managing board and also runs Iga Warta. I met some of his family around the pool in the evening. I didn't get his surname at the time.

I also bought a painting by his daughter, who works there too, the next day. It is is called "Swimming Turtles", and identified on the label as by Shaelie Patterson. One of the younger staff mentioned as I was leaving that she was formerly known as Shaelie Coulthard.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Mickyj » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:54 am

Psyber wrote:From past to present...

I hadn't known, personally, any aboriginal people apart from one of those children raised by white families in the 1950s. Norma was about 18 or so, when I was 10. (She is the one adopted by a university staff member who did an Arts degree at Adelaide Uni way back then, as I have mentioned here before.)

Just before Christmas, while at Wilpena Resort for a few days I got to know a few of the locals. In the afternoon of the first day there I met, and had a long chat with, an interesting guy named Terry, who is on the managing board and also runs Iga Warta. I met some of his family around the pool in the evening. I didn't get his surname at the time.

I also bought a painting by his daughter, who works there too, the next day. It is is called "Swimming Turtles", and identified on the label as by Shaelie Patterson. One of the younger staff mentioned as I was leaving that she was formerly known as Shaelie Coulthard.
thanks Psyber
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Psyber » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:03 pm

I hope to hear you are on the road to recovery over the next several weeks Micky.
Just take the time it takes and don't let anyone try to rush you.
Some employers are good, and some will do anything to deny liability.

I don't know if he is still in practice, but one of the most effective lawyers in the field when I was doing assessments was Jim Mahony. Some of the Workcover bureaucracy were in those days more interested and making their statistics look good than making sure rehabilitation really happened too.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Mickyj » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:49 pm

Psyber wrote:I hope to hear you are on the road to recovery over the next several weeks Micky.
Just take the time it takes and don't let anyone try to rush you.
Some employers are good, and some will do anything to deny liability.

I don't know if he is still in practice, but one of the most effective lawyers in the field when I was doing assessments was Jim Mahony. Some of the Workcover bureaucracy were in those days more interested and making their statistics look good than making sure rehabilitation really happened too.

Just saw this post Psyber thank you . yep i understand what your saying work is good saying get on sickness benefits but when you try they must fill in paper work . They told my social worker they need date time and what i can do were told that is something which cant be decided yet . So they called me and i knew what was told to them it was after hours and hours after i spoke to the social worker same statement they need to know how long the exact date what i can do . i did say my cert says april 25th didnt go down well. My therapists want to see what i do at work and what this other job is they are trying to get me to do but wont say . I'm the only one who thinks this will be six weeks with no money last week no pay packet once i rock up ill be booted but thats paranoid lol.
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Mickyj » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:53 pm

OK back on track a friend online sent me an aboriginal group from orange . not sure why she sent me a group from orange but i sent them a message and they told me to try link up nsw. I had tried link up sa before my accident best they could say was she adopted no idea i said that was the end .
but it seems the NSW one is going to do a search for me yippeee

The only good thing from my accident i was written up as aboriginal funny that
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach