PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Who will play off in this season's Grade 1 GF?

Central United
9%
Craigmore
3%
Eastern Park
8%
One Tree Hill
17%
Riverside
4%
Rose & Crown
27%
Salisbury West
27%
Virginia
5%

Total votes : 75

Re: PDCA

Postby Amaretti » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:24 pm

Had a bit of a predicament on saturday. We scored in the 200's. Opposition came out and blocked for the last 30 overs. Surely youd rather go down swinging?
Amaretti

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby whufc » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:47 pm

Amaretti wrote:Had a bit of a predicament on saturday. We scored in the 200's. Opposition came out and blocked for the last 30 overs. Surely youd rather go down swinging?

With the points system the way it is i personally think you should bat normal and try and hit as many runs/points as possible.

On the other side though if the team you are playing is around you on the ladder position you may look at lasting a bit longer to avoid giving them any extra bonus points once the game is beyond doubt and you simply cant get the win but yeah personally im a go for the win and see what happens kind of bloke.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Amaretti » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:22 pm

Was a very boring innings thats for sure.
Amaretti

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:02 am

whufc wrote:Generally a pretty good bunch of lads as well, we had a classic with them in round 2, one the best games I've been involved in

For sure, I played a couple of seasons out there and I always enjoy the banter when we play against each other, good for a beer after the game too.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:03 am

Amaretti wrote:Had a bit of a predicament on saturday. We scored in the 200's. Opposition came out and blocked for the last 30 overs. Surely youd rather go down swinging?

That happens mate, some see it as a win by keeping the opposition out there for the 40 overs.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lucky For Some » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:42 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
Loved only being 4ft nothing at Eastern park, at least when I went knee down to field a ball it would generally bounce a foot over my head lol, have seen many blokes get hit in the middle of the forehead from fielding there

I did that at Bradman Oval one day fielding at long off, I did everything right and the ball hit a divot and cleared my head easily, it was a black day for us as we had to chase 359 for memory, we followed it up by making 427 the next week after copping a barrage of shit all day, good times.

SAVE EM
Nobody has gotten a hand job in cargo shorts since 'Nam!
Lucky For Some
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Barry » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:43 pm

Any predictions for the remainder of the season? Who will play off in the GF? Leading run scorer? Wicket taker?
Barry
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:58 pm

Barry wrote:Any predictions for the remainder of the season? Who will play off in the GF? Leading run scorer? Wicket taker?

Batting - Meredith (AV)
Bowling - Davies (SW)
GF - Virginia / Salisbury West

Sorry, think come finals its a different ball game, and Virginia are experienced in Grade 1 finals - PG aren't, only reason I think that..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:00 pm

Batting- Meredith (in amazing form hitting them so well, his 60 odd against us the other week was as good a 60 as i have seen)

Bowling- Justin Davies (has my easy wicket to come) to win just over Benny McMullen (would love to see Sutton hold on to his slender lead though)

GF- Atco / Salisbury West (gotta go with my boys to get there and Salisbury West are a classy unit.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:18 pm

Who would of thought Gardens and Atco would be playing against each other in the middle of January in a top of the table div1 clash!!!
whufc
Coach

Postby Barry » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Should be a good hit out, looking forward to it.

Pretty even comp overall.
Barry
Rookie

Postby Barry » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:11 am

Weekends results show just how even the comp is.

Anyone see any changes to come ladder wise?
Barry
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:36 am

Barry wrote:Weekends results show just how even the comp is.

Anyone see any changes to come ladder wise?

Yep,
Barring heat outs I see this as the final table
Virginia 115
Gardens 115
Westies 108
Angle Vale 104

Atco 86
Units 80
Craigmore 62
Riverside 57
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Barry » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:53 am

You see Gardens coming back to the pack that much? Big gap to close.
Barry
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:06 pm

Barry wrote:You see Gardens coming back to the pack that much? Big gap to close.

Although they have performed very well for the season so far, they still have to play arguably the 3 most successful over the past couple of years , all away and two of them are two dayers, Virginia and Westies both play the two bottom sides and Virginia meet Riverside in the last round where football trials might take preference to playing a dead rubber.
I hope I'm wrong, the Gardens have been a revelation and have struggled in Grade 1 every time they've been up there since the 90's, being a former player I'd love to see them take the flag out, it would do wonders for the comp too which had huge gaps between the top few teams and the bottom few only a few years ago.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Barry » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:14 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Barry wrote:You see Gardens coming back to the pack that much? Big gap to close.

Although they have performed very well for the season so far, they still have to play arguably the 3 most successful over the past couple of years , all away and two of them are two dayers, Virginia and Westies both play the two bottom sides and Virginia meet Riverside in the last round where football trials might take preference to playing a dead rubber.
I hope I'm wrong, the Gardens have been a revelation and have struggled in Grade 1 every time they've been up there since the 90's, being a former player I'd love to see them take the flag out, it would do wonders for the comp too which had huge gaps between the top few teams and the bottom few only a few years ago.

Yep fair points there, I hope your wrong as well.

Be nice to finish the year with a bang.

My first year at the club and have loved it, good bunch of blokes. How long ago were you there?
Barry
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:31 pm

PDCA looks to have stagnated and gone backwards to a degree in standard over the last few years.. to be honest I think the sooner C&CCA kicks the bucket as sad as it would be, the better for all cricket in general around the PDCA area - C&CCA don't have a large amount of teams, but at least would strengthen the middle grades of PDCA, and potentially begin making it more competitive than it is now.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Informer » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:33 pm

Barry wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yep fair points there, I hope your wrong as well.

Be nice to finish the year with a bang.

My first year at the club and have loved it, good bunch of blokes. How long ago were you there?

If only you posted this much when you were at Rose Park winning flags!
The Informer
Reserves

Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:05 pm

Zartan wrote:PDCA looks to have stagnated and gone backwards to a degree in standard over the last few years.. to be honest I think the sooner C&CCA kicks the bucket as sad as it would be, the better for all cricket in general around the PDCA area - C&CCA don't have a large amount of teams, but at least would strengthen the middle grades of PDCA, and potentially begin making it more competitive than it is now.

Obviously with the losses of the Lodge and Rosies the standard has dropped, the gap between the better sides and the weaker sides has diminished and there are still some very handy cricketers getting about.
I think the concern is with the arse end of Grade 2 downwards that could really do with some cleaning up, 6 team divisions would be my suggestion to even the comps up.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:32 pm

If C&CCA folded tomorrow.. would suspect PDCA would get Para Vista (2), Fitzroy (3), Enfield (6), Rose Park (2) and possibly NEK (2).. that would straight away strengthen Grade 2 and below, all those clubs A Grade's wouldn't be out of place in Grade 2/3 and probably better than some other sides.

6x team divisions then would be very good - would create more grades, and those clubs named above account for almost 3x divisions on their own, means that there would be a lot more work required to get to the top grade, which is good for everyone.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps