Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby HH3 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:17 pm

Magellan wrote:Police have confirmed that Port Lincoln man Damien Little and his two young sons all suffered gunshot wounds before he drove off the town's wharf.

http://indaily.com.au/news/2016/01/08/melissa-little-grieves-as-police-confirm-husband-shot-sons/

Even more tragic, and baffling. :(

I'd say he didn't want them to endure drowning.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:23 pm

HH3 wrote:
Magellan wrote:Police have confirmed that Port Lincoln man Damien Little and his two young sons all suffered gunshot wounds before he drove off the town's wharf.

http://indaily.com.au/news/2016/01/08/melissa-little-grieves-as-police-confirm-husband-shot-sons/

Even more tragic, and baffling. :(

I'd say he didn't want them to endure drowning.

How kind of him
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:44 pm

Drownings regarded as one of the most peaceful and less disturbing ways to die so I doubt that theory. What a scumbag shooting his kids, imagine what was going hrough their heads in their last moments, no one should be having a beer for or be celebrating this animals life.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:45 pm

Wedgie wrote:Drownings regarded as one of the most peaceful and less disturbing ways to die so I doubt that theory. What a scumbag shooting his kids, imagine what was going hrough their heads in their last moments, no one should be having a beer for or be celebrating this animals life.

Agreed...
Still a super bloke though :roll:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby RustyCage » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:48 pm

He is just another p.o.s murderer.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:48 pm

I have known people with mental illness and suffer bi-polar myself.

While i feel for the father and can understand how he may have had very little to no comprehension of his actions, when two innocent kids die the actions cannot be defended!!!! End of.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby nuggety goodness » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:02 pm

This kind of thing solidifies in my mind that so much of what we call 'mental health issues' is a spiritual issue.

Now hear me out before you grab your pitchforks

Was this man in control? You say no because of his mental illness and many have already indicated that when you are in that state you lose control. Is it then farfetched to say that there is something or someone else that is on control?

We use the phrase 'he was battling some demons' when referencing mental illness and so could it not be literal demons?!?

While suicide can be argued the idea of killing your own children is not something that is normal and so someway or somehow i believe this man was possessed to make this kind of decision and carry out the crime that he did.

Like you all i am not making excuses because we all have a choice but maybe we could open our eyes to something else that could be in play here...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby HH3 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:08 pm

Just so everyone's clear, I'm not defending his actions in the slightest.

Just relaying, from what I've seen personally, people aren't always in control, no matter how controlled their actions seem.

I'm gonna leave it there.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Grenville » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:20 pm

I was going to have a moan about something but recent posts have put things into perspective somewhat.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Psyber » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:23 pm

The problem may be in this case a deep and delusional depression.

People with this condition may really believe they have ruined their families lives and that the only merciful thing they can do is end their suffering before it gets worse. They may also not believe they are ill and therefore must not accept futile treatment that may stop them doing what they believe they must to save the family from more suffering

This is rather different from other recent examples where it appears a man has killed his kids to punish his wife in a divorce situation...

Another variant is one I met years ago working at the QEH: a woman who had given birth in the last 24 hours became convinced her newborn was dead and therefore its presence in the ward may cause the death of others by contamination. So, she decided to throw it out the third floor window. Fortunately, the Obstetric Registrar on duty and the ward Sister walked it at the critical moment and saved the child. Then they stayed put with her until the Psychiatric Registrar could arrive on the scene to take over and transfer mother and child to the Psychiatric Ward.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:26 am

nuggety goodness wrote:This kind of thing solidifies in my mind that so much of what we call 'mental health issues' is a spiritual issue.

Now hear me out before you grab your pitchforks

Was this man in control? You say no because of his mental illness and many have already indicated that when you are in that state you lose control. Is it then farfetched to say that there is something or someone else that is on control?

We use the phrase 'he was battling some demons' when referencing mental illness and so could it not be literal demons?!?

While suicide can be argued the idea of killing your own children is not something that is normal and so someway or somehow i believe this man was possessed to make this kind of decision and carry out the crime that he did.

Like you all i am not making excuses because we all have a choice but maybe we could open our eyes to something else that could be in play here...

When a former team mates son, 4, passes away after a year 1/2 long fight with leukodystrophy overnight you'll have trouble convincing me any God is anything more than a mean, rotten minded, sinister ****.

*EDIT*

As for the "man" who people want remembered as a loving family man.....you think he might have been "possessed"?
Last edited by Booney on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:33 am

Booney wrote:When a former team mates son, 4, passes away after a year 1/2 long fight with leukodystrophy overnight you'll have trouble convincing me any God is anything more than a mean, rotten minded, sinister ****.

Sad news, Booney. I adopt the same view. Stephen Fry summed it up (as only he can), when asked what he would say to God if he died and went to heaven.

I’d say, bone cancer in children? What’s that about? How dare You? How dare You create a world in which there is such misery that is not our fault? It’s not right, it’s utterly, utterly evil.

Why should I respect a capricious, mean-minded, stupid God that creates a world that is so full of injustice and pain?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:36 am

Magellan wrote:
Booney wrote:When a former team mates son, 4, passes away after a year 1/2 long fight with leukodystrophy overnight you'll have trouble convincing me any God is anything more than a mean, rotten minded, sinister ****.

Sad news, Booney. I adopt the same view. Stephen Fry summed it up (as only he can), when asked what he would say to God if he died and went to heaven.

I’d say, bone cancer in children? What’s that about? How dare You? How dare You create a world in which there is such misery that is not our fault? It’s not right, it’s utterly, utterly evil.

Why should I respect a capricious, mean-minded, stupid God that creates a world that is so full of injustice and pain?

I've been awake since 3am. Those words, of Fry, have been ringing in my ears since I got the news.

Terrible, terrible injustice that can't be explained away as anything but absolute horror. If someone "created" this horror, **** them.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:31 pm

Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:

I've been awake since 3am. Those words, of Fry, have been ringing in my ears since I got the news.

Terrible, terrible injustice that can't be explained away as anything but absolute horror. If someone "created" this horror, **** them.

That is extremely sad and I'm sure there are no words that can alleviate the grief. All i can say is that at least his suffering is over and i fully believe that God has taken him home.

When it comes to blaming God for the way the world is i think that's a bit ironic in the first instance but also harsh.

Blaming God for these kinds of things is the easy way out, 'why would God allow such tragedy and pain?' Etc etc... but if you don't believe how can it be His fault?

Now let's assume then that you do believe and you still have the opinion that the way the world is is His fault. While i won't be able to explain everything and the defence may not seem solid enough for many of you it is what it is.

Start with a simple question. Are you responsible for the way your grandchildren behave? If they are to choose to commit crime and be delinquent's, how much of that is your fault. While i agree you can attempt to influence them for a more positive lifestyle they will choose regardless and you cannot be held responsible for the decisions they make.

When it comes to disease and the likes it's a bit different. What God created was perfect but when we (mankind) chose sin instead of Him it released death into the world. And we still constantly choose to do what we want instead of what He wants. When we chose to disobey there were consequences for that, some of those consequences we feel today because of what our fathers and grandfathers and generations of people before us have done. I deal with things that are not directly my fault, that's life, but how dare i point the finger at God? Who am i but a vapour, a speck on the earth. How can i question Him?

It's just like when we as parents allow things to happen to our kids, we don't bail them out of everything and every situation and we let them deal with some of the consequences of their actions. Call it tough love.

God allows things like this in people's lives in the hope they would turn to Him for comfort and guidance, unfortunately we use it as an attempt to lash out and blame Him.

We all have an appointment and we can't escape that. Some go earlier than others and we can't explain it most of the time. I pray that the family and loved ones can find peace in this time of turmoil.
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:47 pm

So, in summary, a 4 year old dies an insufferable death because mankind decided to "sin" and it's gods way of showing us some tough love?

Adds weight to me thinking he is a right **** then. If I had an imaginary friend, he'd be a nicer unit than that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:59 pm

Booney wrote:So, in summary, a 4 year old dies an insufferable death because mankind decided to "sin" and it's gods way of showing us some tough love?

Adds weight to me thinking he is a right **** then. If I had an imaginary friend, he'd be a nicer unit than that.

So if you were god booney what would you do?
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby Magellan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:09 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:So if you were god booney what would you do?

There's an inherent assumption in the question that only someone who believes in a god could answer, and I get the impression that's a bridge too far for booney. And I think that's where difference lies.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:13 pm

Magellan wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:So if you were god booney what would you do?

There's an inherent assumption in the question that only someone who believes in a god could answer, and I get the impression that's a bridge too far for booney. And I think that's where difference lies.

But that assumption is already made because booney thinks he is a right 4 star...
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:17 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:This kind of thing solidifies in my mind that so much of what we call 'mental health issues' is a spiritual issue.

I think you're a little confused and I believe it's the other way around. Spirituality is linked to mental deficiency.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby HH3 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:19 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:

That is extremely sad and I'm sure there are no words that can alleviate the grief. All i can say is that at least his suffering is over and i fully believe that God has taken him home.

When it comes to blaming God for the way the world is i think that's a bit ironic in the first instance but also harsh.

Blaming God for these kinds of things is the easy way out, 'why would God allow such tragedy and pain?' Etc etc... but if you don't believe how can it be His fault?

Now let's assume then that you do believe and you still have the opinion that the way the world is is His fault. While i won't be able to explain everything and the defence may not seem solid enough for many of you it is what it is.

Start with a simple question. Are you responsible for the way your grandchildren behave? If they are to choose to commit crime and be delinquent's, how much of that is your fault. While i agree you can attempt to influence them for a more positive lifestyle they will choose regardless and you cannot be held responsible for the decisions they make.

When it comes to disease and the likes it's a bit different. What God created was perfect but when we (mankind) chose sin instead of Him it released death into the world. And we still constantly choose to do what we want instead of what He wants. When we chose to disobey there were consequences for that, some of those consequences we feel today because of what our fathers and grandfathers and generations of people before us have done. I deal with things that are not directly my fault, that's life, but how dare i point the finger at God? Who am i but a vapour, a speck on the earth. How can i question Him?

It's just like when we as parents allow things to happen to our kids, we don't bail them out of everything and every situation and we let them deal with some of the consequences of their actions. Call it tough love.

God allows things like this in people's lives in the hope they would turn to Him for comfort and guidance, unfortunately we use it as an attempt to lash out and blame Him.

We all have an appointment and we can't escape that. Some go earlier than others and we can't explain it most of the time. I pray that the family and loved ones can find peace in this time of turmoil.

Hold up.

So in your world, disease is a way of turning people to God?

So it's pretty much Stockholm Syndrome. Punish and torture, until they snap and feel a connection with their captor?

Sounds a bit iffy to me. I'll stick to my non-fiction books thanks.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion