ASCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ASCA

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:29 pm

heater31 wrote:Would have thought it was a given if the semi professional competition said it was too hot to play even with the best facilities and overall fitness of the participants.....

First time that I can recall ever all SACA grades off due to heat.

Agreed, think community cricket associations have probably never had to think that way though - as you pointed out all SACA grades rarely get called off - so other associations have to have their own policies.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:07 pm

Zartan wrote:
heater31 wrote:Would have thought it was a given if the semi professional competition said it was too hot to play even with the best facilities and overall fitness of the participants.....

First time that I can recall ever all SACA grades off due to heat.

Agreed, think community cricket associations have probably never had to think that way though - as you pointed out all SACA grades rarely get called off - so other associations have to have their own policies.

Having questioned someone who used to be involved in the decision SACA have no set 'forecast temperature' that some community competitions have. They get detailed forecast information from BOM and sit around a table to discuss. Over a few cold beers on Saturday we came to the conclusion that they were spooked by the media reports of Tradesmen being in comas because they were irresponsible during the hot weather.

Having said that probably no community competition has it in their policy that if SACA pulls the pin then they automatically do as well.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby whufc » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:19 pm

I think pdca has it fairly right 40 degrees from the night befores forecast seems pretty acceptable for a community comp

Only change I would potentially consider (on the basis clubs lose a lot of money from lower attendance to the clubs as well as have the hassle of still chasing full fees etc) would be that maybe if the weather is between 38-40 a one dayer is played and between say 40-42 a t20 is played. Maybe this rule could be used for div1 and 2 only while the lower divs cancel somewhere between 38-40
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:34 pm

whufc wrote:I think pdca has it fairly right 40 degrees from the night befores forecast seems pretty acceptable for a community comp
Yep I agree, and C&CCA was the same - until we learned that the news uses the last BOM forecast, so decided to use that and have the info out by COB Friday.

whufc wrote:Only change I would potentially consider (on the basis clubs lose a lot of money from lower attendance to the clubs as well as have the hassle of still chasing full fees etc) would be that maybe if the weather is between 38-40 a one dayer is played and between say 40-42 a t20 is played. Maybe this rule could be used for div1 and 2 only while the lower divs cancel somewhere between 38-40

I 100% agree with this - reduce the format based on the temp. Don't ATCA have a similar ruling in the top 2x grades? I think on a 2nd day where game is heat affected they cant play on past a first innings result - and if a first innings result has already been achieved then they don't play?

Would think the top divs in each comp could handle playing a modified game in that heat.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby sportsfan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:40 pm

wycbloods wrote:
Mike Lowery wrote:Cove's player was registered and always has been. Another club registered him without him being cleared and they kick cove out. Work that out

PERMITS
30. (a) No player who has played with any Club in this Association or any grade of any other Cricket Association shall play with any Club in this Association without first obtaining a permit from the Executive Committee.
(f) Any Club playing a person requiring, but not having first obtained a permit or clearance as defined in the foregoing Clauses shall be deemed to have lost the match or matches in which such player has played and that Club shall forfeit all points. The Club's opponents in each instance shall be deemed to have won such match or matches and in each match shall be awarded points as allotted for a first innings win, (or retain its winning points, whichever are the higher).
(g) Any player deliberately furnishing incorrect particulars to his Club Secretary or taking part in a match knowing of his need to obtain a permit to play in such match shall be liable to suspension by the Association.

Pretty trivial & clouded though isn't it bloods! I notice the clause is under the PERMITS section. Why would cove need a permit for a player that was never cleared from cove? Should it not have been the club who failed to file for a clearance that was penalised last year? Anyway the T20 comp is a bit of a hit & giggle anyway, most teams struggle to get half a team on the park, good for the kids but a pain in the ass for the older blokes to give up a Sunday. Good luck to the finalists. Who's in the final anyway?
sportsfan

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Madrooster » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:50 pm

Good to see that Morphy Parks have posted a decent score for the Western Youth guys to chase in this years David Lee Memorial match - will it be the 1st year that they take home the trophy???
Madrooster
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby CoverKing » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:35 am

Madrooster wrote:Good to see that Morphy Parks have posted a decent score for the Western Youth guys to chase in this years David Lee Memorial match - will it be the 1st year that they take home the trophy???

You've got us at a good time. Hopefully the boys can get up after a horrendous couple of weeks for the boys!
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Madrooster » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:33 am

CK - heard about Noah yesterday - incredibly sad!! I like many at Morphy's have sent messages of support to Robbie and I'm sure it will feature prominently on the day. Thoughts to all at WYC from all at MPCC.
Madrooster
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Moe » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:18 am

Yes, heart felt sorrow for Robbie Hopkins for his tragic loss.
To repeat Madrooster, thoughts to all at the WYC Cricket Club.
Saturdays result will run a distant second to anything else.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:02 am

Congratulations to WYCCC on winning the ASCA T20 Grand Final.

A convincing win over Glenelg ANA at WYC. Glenelg made 121 ( from memory ) and WYC chased it down in around 12 overs, 1 down.

Good to win one over the Bays at the Youth Centre, not so fond memories of a Grand Final defeat in the real stuff against them many years ago. T20 is hit and giggle, but any win is a win and well done to the Youth Centre boys.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dr Feel Good » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:15 pm

The race for 4th spot in Section 1 is getting tight. Few interesting games coming up.
Introducing people to the Dutch Rudder since 2008
Dr Feel Good
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Moe » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:52 pm

Before I go off half-cocked,
Who finished bottom in section 1 last season?
Who was relegated last season from section 1?
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby The Dude » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:14 pm

Moe wrote:Before I go off half-cocked,

Icc Sharks finished 6th and asked to go down I'm lead to believe and are sitting 6th in section 2
Coromandle finished bottom and are 3rd in section 2
Right calls??
A loss of a couple of newly promoted Morphett Vale better players has them struggling and u would expect them to go straight down
Port Noarlunga still in the hunt for finals and can mix it on there day

Two up two down again or wooden spooner swap for section 2 premier next year??
The Dude
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Moe » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:48 pm

The Dude wrote:
Moe wrote:Before I go off half-cocked,

Icc Sharks finished 6th and asked to go down I'm lead to believe and are sitting 6th in section 2
Coromandle finished bottom and are 3rd in section 2
Right calls??
A loss of a couple of newly promoted Morphett Vale better players has them struggling and u would expect them to go straight down
Port Noarlunga still in the hunt for finals and can mix it on there day
Two up two down again or wooden spooner swap for section 2 premier next year??

Seem to have been the right call.
I believe 2 up, 2 down is fair, which would leave my beloved MPCC in relegation danger.

Looking at section 2, Belair to probably come up, with ANA my tip.

Did Belair ask to go down from section 1 a couple of seasons ago?
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby Theloveofit » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:48 pm

I am pretty sure ANA asked to be relegated a couple of years back and I don't think they have really improved on quality players to come back to section 1. I think this year they will have 1 team up 1 team down, unfortunately I Think that the gap between sec 1 and 2 is huge.
Theloveofit
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Minotaur » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:04 pm

Theloveofit wrote:I am pretty sure ANA asked to be relegated a couple of years back and I don't think they have really improved on quality players to come back to section 1. I think this year they will have 1 team up 1 team down, unfortunately I Think that the gap between sec 1 and 2 is huge.

The gap between the section 2 A grade teams and the B grade teams is huge as well (apart from Morphy Parks). With 17 A grade teams between sections 1 and 2 and another 4 A grade teams in section 3 (2 of which sit in the top 4 currently) maybe it is time to start looking at sections 1 and 2 being an A grade competition with a mandatory relegation system? Ultimately the fairest system would be playing 7 one dayers and 7 two dayers in an 8team section. This still has the same number of days play but means no one is disadvantaged in the draw (unless weather becomes an issue in season but we already have this). However there are implications in making such a move as well.

Question will be, after both Belair and ANA asking to go down a couple of seasons ago, will either be willing to go back up to Section 1 again?!
Minotaur
Mini-League

Postby Moe » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:02 am

Minotaur wrote:
Theloveofit wrote:I am pretty sure ANA asked to be relegated a couple of years back and I don't think they have really improved on quality players to come back to section 1. I think this year they will have 1 team up 1 team down, unfortunately I Think that the gap between sec 1 and 2 is huge.

The gap between the section 2 A grade teams and the B grade teams is huge as well (apart from Morphy Parks). With 17 A grade teams between sections 1 and 2 and another 4 A grade teams in section 3 (2 of which sit in the top 4 currently) maybe it is time to start looking at sections 1 and 2 being an A grade competition with a mandatory relegation system? Ultimately the fairest system would be playing 7 one dayers and 7 two dayers in an 8team section. This still has the same number of days play but means no one is disadvantaged in the draw (unless weather becomes an issue in season but we already have this). However there are implications in making such a move as well.

Question will be, after both Belair and ANA asking to go down a couple of seasons ago, will either be willing to go back up to Section 1 again?![/quote]
I don't think they should have a choice quite frankly. Winner goes up without question.
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby someguy1 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:08 am

Minotaur wrote:The gap between the section 2 A grade teams and the B grade teams is huge as well (apart from Morphy Parks).

Morphies aren't that close either, the ladder is misleading just because we beat the other B grade sides and won the 1 dayer. The % shows just how far off we are. Belair beat us inside a day and was 1 wicket from an outright, ANA beat us inside a day and ICC beat us outright. We're still a long way off the other A grade sides.

This year is the biggest gap I can remember, normally our B grade is around the mark against the A graders, this year we're not even close. What sums it up for me was the round before the break with 3 results inside a day then the heat week 2, all three losses were the B grade sides.

Minotaur wrote:With 17 A grade teams between sections 1 and 2 and another 4 A grade teams in section 3 (2 of which sit in the top 4 currently) maybe it is time to start looking at sections 1 and 2 being an A grade competition with a mandatory relegation system? Ultimately the fairest system would be playing 7 one dayers and 7 two dayers in an 8team section. This still has the same number of days play but means no one is disadvantaged in the draw (unless weather becomes an issue in season but we already have this). However there are implications in making such a move as well.

Question will be, after both Belair and ANA asking to go down a couple of seasons ago, will either be willing to go back up to Section 1 again?!

It got a bit of discussion before the season this year but the Section 1 / Section 1B proposal sounded interesting but I'm not sure how promotion / relegation would work. Also with Coves B grade in section 5 I doubt they would go for it. I think the first thing to sort out is the number of teams in each grade, 10 just makes an uneven draw. It needs to be 12 or 8 the whole way through. 8 would work with the number of A grade teams we have now but I know a lot of clubs are against more 1 dayers.
someguy1
Under 16s

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:32 pm

If there is 17 A Grade sides surely it's Premier League eight sides two down two up, Section 1 eight sides two up one down, Section 2 premier only up.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby ALCOHOLIC ANONYMOUS » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:08 pm

$1.50 PORTIES vs COVE $2.60
$1.40 CORO vs MVP $2.90
$3.30 SOUTH RD vs SHEIDOW $1.15
$1.01 KESWICK vs M/VALE $51