SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Postby DOC » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:59 am

Who says any club is allowed to get extra players because some of their players are banned. Was ST Kilda allowed an extra player when SAAD was banned?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby Rising Power » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:57 pm

Essendon get 10 top ups, no one else.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:02 pm

Rising Power wrote:Essendon get 10 top ups, no one else.

Port upgrade their rookies
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Q. » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:34 pm

Petrenko and Martin floated as possible SANFL top-ups
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby heater31 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:59 pm

Q. wrote:Petrenko and Martin floated as possible SANFL top-ups

Doubt Brodie Martin will go. During the trade period he said he would only entertain the idea of moving interstate if there was an offer of a main list not a rookie.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby stan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:06 pm

I think alot will come from Essendons VFL side with maybe a few from the SANFL. Maybe Kavanagh is a chance to be recalled.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:32 pm

heater31 wrote:

Doubt Brodie Martin will go. During the trade period he said he would only entertain the idea of moving interstate if there was an offer of a main list not a rookie.

He would go on the main list.
Hearing we have spoke to Brian Lake and several other recent retirees to see if they are interested in one last pay day
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby LBT » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:03 pm

I think Lewis Johnston should be used
LBT
League - Best 21

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Spargo » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:09 pm

Kirkby re-signs at the Bay after 18 months overseas.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:57 pm

LIST UPDATE
The Glenelg Football Club is pleased to announce the re-signing of Ruory Kirkby. Ruory returns to the club after spending 18 months overseas. He is keen to get back involved with the playing group and work hard in preparation for the season ahead. He will provide great assistance to Clint Alleway and Sean Christopher (recuited from Horsham) in our forward fifty.
In other news, we have had three players retire over the Christmas break.
Dylan McNeil is taking a year off to focus on his career with Ernst and Young. Dylan has battled injuries over the past few seasons but showed glimpses of what he is capable of later in the year.
Shaun Tapp struggled with injuries last season and has lost the motivation required to play at SANFL level.
Lachlan Button has advised the club he will not be playing in season 2016. He has been a long serving player at the footy club and a member of the Club’s leadership group. Lachlan has also struggled for consistency over the past few seasons due to long term injuries. Lachlan will now be pursuing studies which will prevent him from be able to attend training.
We wish Dylan, Shaun and Lachlan all the best in the future, and thank them for their services for the Glenelg Football Club.
Stay tuned for information regarding our upcoming trial matches.
Paul Sandercock
Head of Football
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby norwood8 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:06 pm

VALE PARK wrote:Port Adelaide could be looking for 2 top ups,
they would be easy to find in the SANFL.
Let us see what happens.

They (and the other clubs who recruited ex-Essendon players) can get stuffed, they all knew these players had baggage and they took the gamble.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby stan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:05 am

norwood8 wrote:
Let us see what happens.

They (and the other clubs who recruited ex-Essendon players) can get stuffed, they all knew these players had baggage and they took the gamble.

Correct weight. But I think its only Essendon that get extra players as other teams are just upgrading rookies.

The effect for the SANFL will be the guys that are 1. Taken as top ups as part of the extra 10. 2. Are players who are banned for 12 months and 3. Additional top ups for Port Reserves but this is obviously not from the SANFL pool of players.

I think there will only be a few from the SANFL, but the impact cant be played down. If Kavanagh goes as well as say petrenko and even Brodie Martin. Those sides will feel those losses.
stan
Coach

Postby Mr Fuller » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:23 am

Not sure why Petrenko's name keeps getting mentioned as a possible top up. The only reason he played last year in the pre-season for Essendon was that he was recently out of the AFL and had been training with them. So his form and fitness wasn't that far behind AFL standard. Since that time, a whole season has passed and he has fallen right away in form (as is so often the case with ex-AFL players who 'come back to the fold' when playing in a lesser competition) and in particular his fitness. Really, he now doesn't stand out above other SANFL midfielders. There would be 1-2 midfielders from each club who would have at least as much chance as him in terms of being a top-up. Brodie Martin would be a much greater chance of getting recalled as well as central recruit Kavanagh and eagle recruit O'Brien.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Fricky » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:25 am

stan wrote:
norwood8 wrote:
Let us see what happens.

Correct weight. But I think its only Essendon that get extra players as other teams are just upgrading rookies.

The effect for the SANFL will be the guys that are 1. Taken as top ups as part of the extra 10. 2. Are players who are banned for 12 months and 3. Additional top ups for Port Reserves but this is obviously not from the SANFL pool of players.

I think there will only be a few from the SANFL, but the impact cant be played down. If Kavanagh goes as well as say petrenko and even Brodie Martin. Those sides will feel those losses.

Not correct weight. Port knew nothing when they picked up Monfries, they knew everything when they got Ryder. All Port will do is upgrade rookies, same as Bulldogs, Saints and Melbourne.

I would think Essendon will initially go to the guys they delisted, Browne and Kavanagh, as top up players as they are already very familiar with the club. I cant see them topping up with players who have done no preseasons as they will be too far behind the fitness level.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby stan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:28 am

Suri wrote:
stan wrote:
norwood8 wrote:
Let us see what happens.

Not correct weight. Port knew nothing when they picked up Monfries, they knew everything when they got Ryder. All Port will do is upgrade rookies, same as Bulldogs, Saints and Melbourne.

I would think Essendon will initially go to the guys they delisted, Browne and Kavanagh, as top up players as they are already very familiar with the club. I cant see them topping up with players who have done no preseasons as they will be too far behind the fitness level.

No I meant correct weight for sayjng Port to get stuffed!
stan
Coach

Postby Fricky » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:43 am

So just in general Port can get stuffed? ;)
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby goddy11 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:44 pm

Does anyone know the timeline for Essendon selecting top up players? This must be causing big preseason concerns at all SANFL clubs. Being mid January , any club loosing players is going to find it hard to replace with similar quality players. I hope Essendon pays suitable compensation.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Magellan » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:58 pm

goddy11 wrote:Does anyone know the timeline for Essendon selecting top up players? This must be causing big preseason concerns at all SANFL clubs. Being mid January , any club loosing players is going to find it hard to replace with similar quality players. I hope Essendon pays suitable compensation.

So do I, but I bet they don't. I'm sure that fair compensation for those clubs who are put out by Essendon's own fault is the last thing on their mind, what with their own players and rival clubs considering legal action, or seeking compensation or reparations for what they're about to lose this season.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby o five » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:37 pm

goddy11 wrote:Does anyone know the timeline for Essendon selecting top up players? This must be causing big preseason concerns at all SANFL clubs. Being mid January , any club loosing players is going to find it hard to replace with similar quality players. I hope Essendon pays suitable compensation.

Sounds good to me. Brings the rest of the SANFL back to North Adelaide. :oops:
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby stan » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:59 pm

o five wrote:

Sounds good to me. Brings the rest of the SANFL back to North Adelaide. :oops:

You would think they need to hurry with this yo get some preseasom into them.
stan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL