West Croydon
32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby Q. » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:01 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:perhaps they should look at their negotiation skills then.....training restrictions place pressure on $$$'s earned per game, then there are added expectations on events attendance, post match presentations etc........our contract clearly states conditions but unfortunately there is no 2 after the $ sign....

Wouldn't get too worked up about it Inallseriousness. I'm sure RS could take us through his movements last year whilst preaching team culture ;)

His on/off field attendance has been basically faultless since he arrived at the club.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:06 pm

Zartan wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:he asked for 200 dollars a game from pooraka said he could get it in div 6 and wanted to train 1 night a week Pooraka said thanks but no thanks then he went to ingle farm

paying players who only train 1 night a week is bad sends the wrong message

I cant comment on what he may have asked Pooraka for, but I can 110% guarantee you that isn't anywhere near the amount that discussed with Ingle Farm.

As for his lack of commitment - he plays D1 cricket for Pooraka and represents Australia in netball.. I don't see an issue with him maintaining those commitments until they finish - obviously neither did Para Hills the last couple of years.

I play/coach cricket, last year I didn't show up to football until trial games started, I had no issue getting the results I desired including forming strong bonds with my players.

Pretty comical discussion this. The lad will be a massive in for the Farms who desperately needed a forward last year and the inclusion of PC and Lynch they will have the firepower to kick winning scores this year. And be back in the September mix.

Obviously a fit and talented guy still. I coached him in the year 2000 as a 17 year old and he was very unlucky not be selected in the Under 18 Australasian Gaelic team. He kicked an absolute pearler of a lob goal on the Queensland keeper in the National final. It was obvious back then he was talented and a good kid too. I reckon he kicked 12 in a game also and it takes a bona fide gun to do that :)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:52 pm

Maybe this Bryant bloke should put his hand up for the Bombers. Sounds like he would slot right in there at full forward.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby watchdog » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:19 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:
BZB27 wrote:
watchdog wrote:Has a Eagle landed at Fitzroy?

Wasnt there talk of a few Eagles making there way to Torrens Rd way?

3 Eagles have made their way to Fitzroy, all played under the new Coach at his time at EFC.

I didn't know Matty had 2 brothers??
watchdog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:22 pm

watchdog wrote:
ROOBOY18 wrote:
BZB27 wrote:
watchdog wrote:Has a Eagle landed at Fitzroy?

Wasnt there talk of a few Eagles making there way to Torrens Rd way?

3 Eagles have made their way to Fitzroy, all played under the new Coach at his time at EFC.

I didn't know Matty had 2 brothers??

I see what you did there 8)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:31 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:he asked for 200 dollars a game from pooraka said he could get it in div 6 and wanted to train 1 night a week Pooraka said thanks but no thanks then he went to ingle farm

I cant comment on what he may have asked Pooraka for, but I can 110% guarantee you that isn't anywhere near the amount that discussed with Ingle Farm.

As for his lack of commitment - he plays D1 cricket for Pooraka and represents Australia in netball.. I don't see an issue with him maintaining those commitments until they finish - obviously neither did Para Hills the last couple of years.

I play/coach cricket, last year I didn't show up to football until trial games started, I had no issue getting the results I desired including forming strong bonds with my players.

Pretty comical discussion this. The lad will be a massive in for the Farms who desperately needed a forward last year and the inclusion of PC and Lynch they will have the firepower to kick winning scores this year. And be back in the September mix.

Obviously a fit and talented guy still. I coached him in the year 2000 as a 17 year old and he was very unlucky not be selected in the Under 18 Australasian Gaelic team. He kicked an absolute pearler of a lob goal on the Queensland keeper in the National final. It was obvious back then he was talented and a good kid too. I reckon he kicked 12 in a game also and it takes a bona fide gun to do that :)

Yep, talented and pretty focussed. Comical discussion sums it up well.
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby The Real Number 3 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:40 pm

carey wrote:
Zartan wrote:Mawson Lakes weren't as bad as results suggest last year, they were very competitive and did knock off a fair few sides in the 2nd half of the year.

Depth was woeful though, that is the biggest test for them to try and build that depth and/or keep their best side on the paddock for most of the season.

Not sure if they're a genuine contender but they'll definitely be around the 5, and play an important part in who does make it.

If one SHAUN RAE can stay in shape the world will be there oyster.

#goboxmachine
#nobillysbeforefootball

you legend :D
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Computer Crashed » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:45 pm

Well you missed the boat then Starky.
Get back in your box and get someone to help with the duct tape on the outside.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby OKC! » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:18 pm

Never did I ask Pooraka for a cent. Talked to them but wasnt interested in playing that high with the amount of commitment I can offer.

For all those concerned, football is a hobby to me, I love sport and could not give a shit if anyone thinks I should/shouldn't be playing other sports.
Last time i checked this is amateur football, most of you are sitting here with your fat fingers typing away telling me how bad my life decisions are. How bout you lads drop ya fingerbuns and do something rather than bag someone who does more than one thing in life. Funny thing is you all got alot of talk but i doubt any talent.

And if you had any idea at all, Pooraka and I sat down talked and I told them that i would let them know of my decison. We didn't talk $$$ cause we weren't even at that stage.

Im happy doing what im doing. Thats all that matters.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Q. » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:29 pm

Mmmm fingerbuns
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby Jetters » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:16 pm

OKC! wrote:

Never did I ask Pooraka for a cent. Talked to them but wasnt interested in playing that high with the amount of commitment I can offer.

For all those concerned, football is a hobby to me, I love sport and could not give a shit if anyone thinks I should/shouldn't be playing other sports.
Last time i checked this is amateur football, most of you are sitting here with your fat fingers typing away telling me how bad my life decisions are. How bout you lads drop ya fingerbuns and do something rather than bag someone who does more than one thing in life. Funny thing is you all got alot of talk but i doubt any talent.

And if you had any idea at all, Pooraka and I sat down talked and I told them that i would let them know of my decison. We didn't talk $$$ cause we weren't even at that stage.

How does a club hand over money to a player that considers playing div 4 is 'playing that high' and how would a conversation with that person ever reach the $$ stage?

Nothing against OKC, is great to play other sports and fine if you train once a week, but it makes a club that hands over dollars to this kind of person seem like a joke.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby OKC! » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:22 am

Jetters wrote:
OKC! wrote:

How does a club hand over money to a player that considers playing div 4 is 'playing that high' and how would a conversation with that person ever reach the $$ stage?

Nothing against OKC, is great to play other sports and fine if you train once a week, but it makes a club that hands over dollars to this kind of person seem like a joke.

No offense taken. But i will be at trainings , I just have a bit more flexability towards the end of the season if my body starts getting as bad as late last year. Once again something has been lost in stories. I wont do a pre season as I have cricket training currently and then the 2 weeks between seasons I am in Melbourne.

Regardless. Its not the reason for playing. Some good friends out there and cant wait to play with the likes of lynch, pryor keogh and possibly verigan.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby hulkamania » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:50 am

OKC! wrote:most of you are sitting here with your fat fingers

im actually just big boned.
hulkamania
Rookie

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:24 am

any odds on the first coach to be sacked in div 6

some clubs have bigger expectations this year wonder who what club will under perform and who will boot the coach first :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Barry » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:29 am

Robb_Stark wrote:any odds on the first coach to be sacked in div 6

some clubs have bigger expectations this year wonder who what club will under perform and who will boot the coach first :)

Cant tell if your serious? Its pretty rare for an amatuer league coach to be sacked during a season, when they do its usually not for performance reasons.
Barry
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:51 am

Computer Crashed wrote:

Well you missed the boat then Starky.
Get back in your box and get someone to help with the duct tape on the outside.

I can assure you there'd be no shortage of volunteers :lol: ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Arch44 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:53 am

Q. wrote:Mmmm fingerbuns

With butter
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:08 am

Arch44 wrote:

With butter

is it wrong that I actually am wanting to go and buy one now?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:11 am

Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

With butter

is it wrong that I actually am wanting to go and buy one now?

As long as it doesn't have that fruit or sultana or what ever the sh!t is they have in some of them.. Just plain with butter thanks Zartan, sling us one my way if your heading to the shops thanks
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:13 am

Jetters wrote:
OKC! wrote:Never did I ask Pooraka for a cent. Talked to them but wasn't interested in playing that high with the amount of commitment I can offer.

How does a club hand over money to a player that considers playing div 4 is 'playing that high'

You actually read his post properly or just trying to stir the pot some more? At no stage did he consider playing D4 'that high', he just indicated he couldn't give the level of commitment they would require - and I don't think he mentioned that to the club, that's just his personal feelings on the matter. Pretty sure he played at Gepps Cross a few seasons back and that was D1...
Last edited by The Bedge on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League